ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring trip

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
This was mentioned at the recent meet at Snetterton,I know there are a few people that would love to go and it still early enough in the year to try and organise it.

More that happy to organise this so let me know what you think.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I'd love to do it, would need pretty far in advance to save for it though, lots to pay this year. But if the dates and budget is good for me then id definitely consider

Trafic 140dci
I was going to go for that weekend in May, but i'm fairly easy, would rather go when East of England members are going as i'd know more people then :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'm easy for whatever, got alot of holiday to take also

Rough price of a trip?

we've done it 2 years running with 2 sharing a car for a combined cost of under £700. Few laps, ate very well. Camped at the site next to the GP circuit (group of over 20 of us) for 5 nights. Wouldn't camp unless you've got great facilities between you, but we took a van with a gazebo, 2 barbeques, a fridge freezer and a mate who's a catering manager. Fantastic campsite, being woken by cars testing on circuit is a pleasure.

One person in a car is going to spend £500 easily, depending how many laps you do. Probably wont want to do that many on your first trip, 4 laps will have you buzzing for weeks

we've done it 2 years running with 2 sharing a car for a combined cost of under £700. Few laps, ate very well. Camped at the site next to the GP circuit (group of over 20 of us) for 5 nights. Wouldn't camp unless you've got great facilities between you, but we took a van with a gazebo, 2 barbeques, a fridge freezer and a mate who's a catering manager. Fantastic campsite, being woken by cars testing on circuit is a pleasure.

One person in a car is going to spend £500 easily, depending how many laps you do. Probably wont want to do that many on your first trip, 4 laps will have you buzzing for weeks

Sounds good to me!

So lets plan something! clio convoy would be good :)

Anyone wanna take me as a passenger and share costs?

Can't put that many miles on my car as I've already done a trip to Paris this year

MG ZR 1.8
Not interested in the Europe trip this year? There's a thread in the holidays section. Worth taking a look there's a few vids from last years trip. :)

ph1 172
It would be phenomenal, I think less people would be interested though as I have no idea on what sort of budget is needed!

ph1 172
£400?! 2000 miles of petrol! lol

As for cost it doesn't really worry me as it would be so worth it I'm sure.

Would be good to know though, I shall delve in......

ph1 172
Look forward to seeing it finished

Rough budget for the previous trip around Europe and a good few laps of the ring would be in the region of £700.

Now obviously there are so many factors that can change this, where you eat, accommodation, how many laps of the ring, if you have nights out, how much you drink etc etc. you get the picture. I am sure even without being "tight" you can do it for less.

Also, if you have a passenger that cost can be split down with fuel costs etc.

I think that is an "ok" base to start with, so who would be interested in the trip across Europe aswell as going to the ring?

GSXR + KDX220
I'd have to give it a miss this year, the "Euro Trip" that is due to funds being needed elsewhere but will still be doing the Ring for a long weekend :)

Trafic 140dci
I don't think i'd be able to do the euro trip, lack of funds, gonna be very tight just going to the Ring, but it's something that i need to do :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i'm off to the ring in august and having a trip round germany with a couple freinds.

all going in our own cars ie: me in the dci, azz in the 206 and ben in the punto abarth.

should be good :). whats best for getting thier? train or ferry to france and drive the rest?

Ferry cheaper and you can get a half decent fry up on them, the euro tunnel is quicker though.

On a note for us lot, there used to be a ferry from felixstowe to Belgium. Ill look into it.

GSXR + KDX220
The ferry from Dover to Dunkirk is really cheap, around £26 each way for a car inc passengers. its the dfds seaways company