ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring trip

Actually I mentioned it at FCS to you if you remember ;) whilst you malestered my car!

I thought you'd love camping! lol, and yeh its another tank to get down here I guess. I pretty much got from mine to the ring on a tank:)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That's good to know, and a tank whilst there I guess. Obviously got somewhere to stay down your way so that's helpful but I guess we need to budget 6-7 tanks for us. Easy 1 and a half to yours anyway. Will probably come in one car to save costs

pimp mobile Zafira
Jim and I did it this year for around £270 each. I know you've got a bit further to come but you should do it well under £500.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Crikey, that is cheap!
We did about 3K ish on our last trip between the two of us, and I thought we were being relatively frugal TBH in that we stayed somewhere quite cheap etc.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
3k bloody hell! We camped and didn't do to many laps in all fairness.

We went on ferry instead of tunnel like I normally do and had a couple of less nights in hotels by travelling early morning etc to get the cost down to that, I thought that was relatively cheap.

That does include EVERYTHING though, including insurance at the ring, Adac cover for the year etc, 900 quid for the trackday at the ring and spa, and a few hundred quid in tourist laps, then all the fuel on track etc.
So i guess its 2K of that which is for the track action that you could remove if you are only going to be a passenger :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well we've got to budget for around 2000 miles (1600 is the direct route so with all the little extras we'd crack 2k easily I would think. And there's no point going all that way and only doing a couple of laps each really, realistically it's gonna be a once off trip. I think what we'll do is start saving for a 2014 trip and do it then instead.

Been looking into different crossings as well but it all works out about the same. Complete pisser

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What sort of quotes for insurance on the ring are you getting?

As that is one of the hard things to get a good deal on IME, and I think its a bit silly going without it if you are on a budget as obviously a 6K bill to fix the barrier is going to blow your trip budget!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Something I didn't even get as far as looking for tbh

It can be a real pain :(

Lots of people just go without and risk it, but TBH the costs of doing so can be massive, I had a relatively minor accident there that was 6K and that was over 7 years ago now and I bet prices have only gone up since!

Thats why I wont go without insurance now, if you are driving the track hard you have to accept there is a possibility it could go wrong, in fact even if you arent you only need a blowout or similar and you could be in the barrier.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Certainly dont have any spare cash if it was to go wrong so would need that insurance back up. All in all its hugely unlikely that its going to happen in 2013 anyway.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just getting to and from yours would be £180 in petrol judging by last week, never mind food etc for an extra day either side. Think a Djw trip will have to be organised for 2014 and we'll come down and do a trackday somewhere in England next year

Trafic 140dci
I'm completely out now. Mortgage broker needs me to stump up another 5% for my deposit :/ so I'm gonna move in my place in January without a pot to p1ss in lol

Hope you all have a good time :)

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried finding a mortgage deal yourself lewis? I found I got better deals than a broker could give me. How much % deposit are they asking for?

Have you tried finding a mortgage deal yourself lewis? I found I got better deals than a broker could give me. How much % deposit are they asking for?

This, best a family friend could get me was 18.5% deposit on 4.7% fixed for 5 years. I waltz into Britannia one saturday leave with a 3.99% 5 year fixed and a 15% deposit. Mortgage brokers are useless.

I'm completely out now. Mortgage broker needs me to stump up another 5% for my deposit :/ so I'm gonna move in my place in January without a pot to p1ss in lol

Hope you all have a good time :)

I wont have a pot to piss in either, im just going to live off noodles for 4 months to allow me to go away. Not hard to imagine me living like that lol

Trafic 140dci
I know this mortgage broker, family friend, so i'm being looked after :)

It's also not easy for me, 21 & self-employed, my books from 2 years ago are crap too as i was just starting out really so buying lots of tools, van etc, so profit is low :eek:

Untill 3 weeks ago i only 350 limit on a credit card! lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sounds like you might not be eligable, but the co-op have a pretty epic deal out at the moment. 90% LTV, 3.99% fixed for 3 years, and zero arrangement fees, with cheap early buyout.

They do NOT offer it through brokers though, so your guy wouldnt be able to get you it, they only do it direct.

What LTV / % deposit / term are you going for out of interest? (no problem if you would sooner not publish on the internet!)

Sounds like you might not be eligable, but the co-op have a pretty epic deal out at the moment. 90% LTV, 3.99% fixed for 3 years, and zero arrangement fees, with cheap early buyout.

They do NOT offer it through brokers though, so your guy wouldnt be able to get you it, they only do it direct.

What LTV / % deposit / term are you going for out of interest? (no problem if you would sooner not publish on the internet!)

Just read this and was going to state Britannia do the same deal but 5 years fixed, but they are the two are joined now lol

Trafic 140dci

The other problem is, to get the value of mortgage i need for my property i have found it needs to be based on my last years earnings, only Halifax will do that, others base it on 2 years average, which wouldn't offer me enough for the place i have found.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
woolich are who mine is with. 4.49 fixed for 4 years which was very good a year ago. 150k house with 10% deposit was no problem

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ive got a rental property on 0.49% above base rate for the full term of the loan (another 18 years or so), on interest only

So that at the moment (and since tail end of 2008 in fact has been the same) 0.99% interest

Currently paying 1386 pounds a year, against borrowing of 140K

Wish I had got a few more rental houses as well while I could get a deal like that!

Looking to buy another house next year and its going to be literally 4 times as much money for the same thing :(

Chip that was the good days, the world is ultimatley fucked now.

Forgot to add my mortgage is 30 years as that worked in my favour, it will be paid off when im 51. If I make it that far lol

SQ5
We went through a broker and he told us it was with Halifax for ours in principle, went to Halifax and can now sort us out on a better deal!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip that was the good days, the world is ultimatley f**ked now.

indeed mate, I fixed mine in 2007 just before it all went tits up, was halfway through a 3 year tracker and decided to go and negotiate a full term one instead, it put my mortgage up 0.1 percent to do it. But my god was that one of the best decisions I ever made or what? Lol.
Just a shame that the government take 40 percent of the rental profit :(

Forgot to add my mortgage is 30 years as that worked in my favour, it will be paid off when im 51. If I make it that far lol

That one I'm on about is interest only so will never pay off, but that is fine as it will always be in profit anyway unless the bank rate went totally nuts like eight percent or something, plus has appreciated for more profit too. So will just leave it sat there for full 25 years earning me money then probably take a lump sum at the end from it.
Current house I'm looking to buy early to mid next year will be a long term live in one though so will probably go repayment on that one.

pimp mobile Zafira
Definatly has a lot to live up to but it should be epic as we'll know where we're going and what we're doing.