ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NUMBER PLATE WARNING.........

182 Inferno
.......... Hi Guys & Gals,

Just wanted to warn you all to keep an extra eye on your Number Plates.

Came out this morning to find both my front and back missing :S

Titanium 182
Lol

Your cars gonna get cloned.

You will have 6 points before you know it, collect alabies(sp?) ! :D

182 Inferno
Yeah reported to Police so I don't get any crazy fines thru my door :)

Just a general warning tho to all....!!!!

182 Inferno
Just rang up a local dealer and they cost £39.95.

They shatter when someone tries to pull them off.....!!!

Going to go and order mine now.........

Thank you to The Boosh (p.s loving the snow picture in your profile) :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
so people cant write a number down and make there own plate then?? secura plates lol

thats a good point tbh and is wat i would do if i were terry tibbs.... but most places want to see the log book for proof of ownership (yes i know not all places do and you can get them without it)...

majority of people will just steal the plate though as they cba to go to the trouble... so it does help a lil bit xx :)

182 Inferno
I guess we can't totally prevent this from happening..... But we can make it a little harder for the little S...T Heads (many other words I would love to use....!!!) :)

ClioSport 172
I use sticky fixers but they stick on so much that when I changed the plates on mine I couldnt get it off in one piece! lol

182-racing-blue

My plates got cloned when I had a CTR, some t**t drove at 135 in a 50 then back down the other side of the road at 140.

He was also in a CTR same colour but not as modded as mine, I had to provide polaroids of my car to the camera enforcement agency to prove it wasnt me. you try and remember what you were doing last night, let alone 3 weeks prior to receiving the letter!!. I shat it!!! Oh the anxiety!!!

They saw the pics and threw it out; real pain in the butt though.

182 Inferno
Ahhhhhhhh......!!!!!! Don't tell me stuff like that.......!!!!!

Really beginning to think the bake bean was targeted to be honest......!!!!! They went to ALOT of trouble to get them off...!!!!

Oh, I'm soooooo looking forward to seeing what lands on my doorstep :S

If it happens again (fingers x'd it wont) I'm gonna use sticky fixers lol

182-racing-blue

How many people have you pissed off that have an inferno? If you get a letter and it has a pic attached then you will know its not you, especially if its in a different part of the country. Don't sweat it. They would have to go to a lot of trouble to try and get you done. Could always start keeping a diary of your movements and no more trips to the cinema alone!!! lol

350Z GT
Just use that number plate spray stuff. Then if they do nick em and go through a speed camera at 250mph the cash machine wont pick up the plate and you dont get a fine :) Still have the problem with stealing petrol etc as they use ANPR..

182 Inferno
Woohoo, they have found my plates......... rocking around on a Merc.....!!!!!

Guess I won't have too much explaining to do if I have any crazy fines drop thru my letter box...... Merc...... Orange Clio, think I'm good :D

Thanks for all your recomendations and for the comments that made me chuckle, its been pretty helpful :)

182 Inferno
It sure was!

But the person who rang the Police recognised my plates and knew they didn't belong to the Merc, BIG thanks to that person :D

1.2 Extreme
Good result for you made. Bet they got a slap on this wrist and went back out that night and stole someone else's plates/car!

Audi S1
Just rang up a local dealer and they cost £39.95.

They shatter when someone tries to pull them off.....!!!

Going to go and order mine now.........

Thank you to The Boosh (p.s loving the snow picture in your profile) :)

Thats a waste :nono: ... some people will just do it to make them shatter.... like lil kids and the merc badges lol

Snatch with DIY mods.
so people cant write a number down and make there own plate then?? secura plates lol

thats a good point tbh and is wat i would do if i were terry tibbs.... but most places want to see the log book for proof of ownership (yes i know not all places do and you can get them without it)...

majority of people will just steal the plate though as they cba to go to the trouble... so it does help a lil bit xx :)

By stealing the plates you are bringing it to the attention of the real owner. I dont really get why you would do that? loads of online plate makers,next day delivery. i would imagine there are plenty of cars twin plated up and down the country. it happened to me with my D reg XR3i a long long time ago obviously:eek:

182kev

The thing with plates you can go into most places or even online and purchase a set of plates with no id at all with any vrm added to the plates,but they will be sold as show plates which in november will come to a stop completely :S

its against the law now to use show plates on a vehicle displaying the vrm but from the 1st november its against the law for anyone selling a show plate displaying the vehicles vrm,so ayone after plates get them in before the 1st november :rasp: