ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number plate light

pimp mobile Zafira
I've done a quick search and cannot find anything other than threads about the unit. The problem I've got is that the plug as it were that connects to the light unit is knackered one of the pins has corroded into it. Is there a quick fix anyone knows about? Can't get to a scrapers or garage until next Thursday and I'm off to France on Sunday.

Cheers

pimp mobile Zafira
^Cheers for the response but it's not the unit it's the plug that actually goes into it.

Megane dci 130
It's the same as the crank sensor connector. Renault sell them but their pricey.

I normally cut the connector off and crimp two small insulated speaker terminals onto the wires. Then push these onto the pins in the light unit.

pimp mobile Zafira
It's the same as the crank sensor connector. Renault sell them but their pricey.

I normally cut the connector off and crimp two small insulated speaker terminals onto the wires. Then push these onto the pins in the light unit.
Cheeses for this. Took off work early tonight and did exactly what you suggested. Works a treat.

B

bigrich690

That what i did, just beared back the cables and stuffed them in and job done