ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Novice Track Day - Snetterton 300 - Feb 3rd

TBH someone driving for 4 months isn't ready for the road...!

Why not learn now how to drive properly now in a safe proper environment ? Everyone should learn how to drive properly, learn what cars are capable of and learn what happens if things go wrong. Winter training, skid training should also be part of the driving test IMO ! The general driving public can't negotiate roundabouts properly, let alone corners at speed .. the driving test is so out of date it's unreal, but that's a rant for another day.

Unless you're a complete r****d, you'll know the difference between track and road and won't go home at 100mph everywhere clipping apexs. I've been driving ten years and the only track experience I've ever had was when I was 18, been driving 6 months, and I took a brand new John Dennis fire engine around a massive MOD test track.

Driving is all about confidence. If you don't think you can spend 15 minutes on track without killing yourself, hand your licence in to the authorities tomorrow.

This is a novice day, for novices.

My OH is coming to .. second driver. She's an ADI (driving instructor) and she's had less track time than me .. if she wasn't coming, i'd sign you on as my second driver and show you it's really not complicated.

There's only one way to learn !!

Get involved :rasp:

I understand that, I think its just the fact I realllyyyy don't want to damage my car in any way shape or form tbh :/ and as I may not be staying in this country for much longer as a lot is going on at the moment, I don't really wanna tempt fate and write it off or anything :/

If it was an old banger, I would be more than happy to take it round a track, but it's not, its my first car, a 1.2, i've done a few things to it, and I just don't wanna risk crashing/someone crashing into me if im honest.

It's not all about me as a driver, if other drivers underestimate things and doesn't judge something right and ends up ploughing into the back of me, im not gonna be too happy :/

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
You guys gunna try to get a pit garage? Would be useful if you get there before me (assume there are places on the 31st to book).

dmallet, u going?

Audi A5
Not sure how the days going to pan out, I've never done a timed session day, I've always done open put lane so don't really know how things will be with pits, are you taking a second set of wheels then?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not sure how the days going to pan out, I've never done a timed session day, I've always done open put lane so don't really know how things will be with pits, are you taking a second set of wheels then?

Probably just lob the track wheels on before I go, I did 4 15 minutes sessions before and had hardly any wear apart from sidewalls. The pits were empty when I went before so I just drove in one, this was an evening session though and im not sure people knew they could use them!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
40k! :eek: jeez you've put on the miles, you'll be getting near my 41k soon! haha! cya at Snet.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
What time you getting there btw? 7:30 sign on. Still find it strange you only get 6 15min sessions over a whole day!

Audi A5
What time you getting there btw? 7:30 sign on. Still find it strange you only get 6 15min sessions over a whole day!

its says to get their for 7.30 so ill try an make it their for then.

probably only get the 6 15 mins session because they've got bikes going round that day too so their be taking up alot of the day.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
its says to get their for 7.30 so ill try an make it their for then.

Its says signing on is at 7:30, not to get there! :p Anyway, ill come say hi on the day pal.

We seem to get an extra 3db on static noise level over the bikes for some reason, site bug I guess.

Audi A5
If you wanted you could probably get their for 8.15 as all you got to do is sign a form an get your car noise tested before 8.30 for breif, I would like to get their nice an early though so one, I've got plenty of time to swap wheels over if I bring them an two, I've never been to snet so don't know where the fook I'm going lol.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
If you wanted you could probably get their for 8.15 as all you got to do is sign a form an get your car noise tested before 8.30 for breif, I would like to get their nice an early though so one, I've got plenty of time to swap wheels over if I bring them an two, I've never been to snet so don't know where the fook I'm going lol.

Piece of piss :) As you drive in and go over the bridge you can see the pits on the right. Im not sure if its worth bringing road wheels tbh, I did 4 sessions before on road tyres and apart from abit of wear on the sidewalls they were barely touched. Still abit confused though, tracks opne for 5 hours, with the car and bike time together thats only 3 hours on track, hopefully we will get some more :) cant complain for £60 though, I paid £80 for 4 sessions last year.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ah right, will have to see. Im all paid up now, cant wait. Lets hope for no rain!

I didn't realise it was this Sunday, I should be able to make it but won't be on track.

the track is fine in the wet, did my first track day there last year with no problems in the pouring rain