ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

not happy :(

182 cup
only had the 182 a few weeks and barely used it

was driving today and dipped the clutch and heard a noise, like grinding/scraping sound or kind of noise you'd imagine to hear on a rusty bearing with no grease on it being turned

It goes away when you lift the clutch and only happens if your rolling say 10mph plus (in any gear)

stationary dipping clutch does nothing, engine sounds fine and car still performs fine and changes gear fine

only other thing ive now noticed is a pinging noise on acceleration from under the car and on heavy accelartion does it more often.

any ideas anyone?

i daren't drive it at minute incase i make it worse. at least at minute i can sell it as running

hopefully nothing serious and one of you guys will have an idea

thanks

182 cup
thers no juddering or slipping just a noise like stirred shattered glass or a a bag of bolts being stirred and grinded

well weird......

Black Clio GT
might be a fly wheel problem or the clutch area may have been worked on before you got the car and not alined (sp) properly??

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
Mine done exactly the same. Needed a clutch. Was totally gone, even though it never slipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

182 cup
the problem is not as bad today, just taken it for a drive and i think it may have been there a while without me noticing? its only last couple of days ive driven without air con or cd player on so the car was quiet. its still there when you press clutch in but not getting any worse.

my main prob now is this pinging/ squeaking which sounds like it coming from under neath but towards the engine

on heavy acceleration it happens especially 1st ,2nd, gears right through the revs, can make it do it in 3rd gear but not as much and doesnt seem to happen in 4th or 5th and when car is stationary or revved when rolling with clutch down it doesnt do it

the noise sounds like a fanbelt slipping type noise but not constant just little random blips like the belt is catching then slipping it goes away if you dont accelarate

any ideas on this?