ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

north east big meet - sunday 30th Jan

Do you want food?

• Total voters
  Clio 172 Cup
lol, car parking's on me lol

Well Geddes, when I take all his money, you'll be paying me in onion rings lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
lol, car parking's on me lol

Well Geddes, when I take all his money, you'll be paying me in onion rings lol
lmfao
champion cheers for buying the car park, i'll remind you on when i arrive lol

i'll buy you the onion rings not a problem just as long their cheaper than the car park lol

i think we and you should have the first battle

Clio 172 Cup
You recovered off the last time we played, think it was a 3-0 spanking? lol

£'s, onion rings, it all spends lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
when did i play you? don't think i have. were you at the meet at shields last time?

or are you just making this up lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i remember that day, but cant remember your face soz

aye i think you won on pool, i blame the insturments lol

AB 182
Just found this section lol.

I'm possibly up for this, but with birthday celebrations on the 28th and 29th I may not be in the best of states for driving haha.:D

Also any members running a decat? I'd like to do a comparison incase it's too loud lol

AB 182
From Guide Post or Stakeford as most would say lol between Ashington and Bedlington basically lol.

I see your from Northumberland too mate, anywhere close by?

AB 182
Same on the rarity factor! Managed to give Deano the thumbs up the other day tho lmao.

I've got family in Crammy so go through every now and then.

AB 182
Certainly mate, lets hope I can see straight on Sunday lol :D.

I'm game for another mini meet at N.E.R.P like you guys had, as I want my car sorted.

172 cup
Just found this section lol.

I'm possibly up for this, but with birthday celebrations on the 28th and 29th I may not be in the best of states for driving haha.:D

Also any members running a decat? I'd like to do a comparison incase it's too loud lol

Ktech stealth with decat here (when it's on private roads) it's not loud but it is a little droney at 75-80mph.

AB 182
Ktech stealth with decat here (when it's on private roads) it's not loud but it is a little droney at 75-80mph.

That's the problem really, when going down to Cambridge the drone of the Milltek was doing my tits in only after an hour or so!

Cruise control helped but not much (must have lead feet :evil:)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i know where sorting out the car park opp the pub for that field, but what's happeing about that grassy field further up the road that 'mr valver' mentioned. i think it will be one or the other or we make the meeting time abit earlier so we can do both. i think it will be better if we do do both tbh, it will take time to get people moving as we like to chat lol.

AB 182
Lol after along stint I could imagine my right foot stuck pointing upwards!

Cruise ftw, can be scary when I can't find the switch to turn it off mind :eek:

172 cup
Jobs to do before the meet:

Refurbish and spray new wheels
Fit SKODA splitter
Fit new steering wheel
Fit strut brace to the front upper and rear
MOT + service
Clean the scruffy b*****d
Buy a new exhaust if the £££s allow it
Buy new bullets and spray
Spray front and rear diamonds

And I think I've only got 4 days off till the meet, best get cyclic cracking!

172 cup
We are a little over 2 weeks away here, let's have a head count of people still planning to attend :). Just sorted a deal on my new wheels so hopefully will have them on in time for it :)

Who's still game?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I can't think of anything worse than contacting the paper tbh! I see no benefits or good things which will out weigh the negative that will come of it.

Yeah, car's on the coast never get good press. I read an article on our local paper for the Little haven hotel for a similar thing and it was not pretty. Police are very suspicious of cruising car's so be careful with your speed. Might pop down and take a few snaps !

172 cup
I'll almost definately get down Dan. What wheels you gone for?

TD 1.2s, the wait for a set of pro race 3s which were my first choice was too long- so I went with tried and tested (and boring). I'm going to get the turinis refurbed then sell them wheels+tyres seperate, should be easier that way.

Stop off in boldon on your was and we can head through together.

172 cup
I'll almost definately get down Dan. What wheels you gone for?

TD 1.2s, the wait for a set of pro race 3s which were my first choice was too long- so I went with tried and tested (and boring). I'm going to get the turinis refurbed then sell them wheels+tyres seperate, should be easier that way.

E85 3.0i
Ah cool. If you're selling them re-furbed I may well have them off you!!! That would make you some kind of Turini dealer....

Yeah can do bud as I don't know Shields that well or anywhere round that way to be fair!

172 cup

The offers there for anyone else further afield to, Boldon is just off the A19 and an easy place to regroup before heading into south shields.

Well the tyres will be off and refurb start ASAP, I may still hold onto them for when I sell the car :)

Ah cool. If you're selling them re-furbed I may well have them off you!!! That would make you some kind of Turini dealer....

Yeah can do bud as I don't know Shields that well or anywhere round that way to be fair!

Clio 172 Cup
For people unsure of shields, coming off the A19, am happy to do a mini meet in the Cineworld carpark, then follow me down to the coast.

172 cup
For people unsure of shields, coming off the A19, am happy to do a mini meet in the Cineworld carpark, then follow me down to the coast.

Has always worked in the past for forum meets :) i live in boldon so its dead easy for me to meet fellow CS members there for the roll down to shields to.

Got a few of the bits done on the car this week but the weathers dead against me!

172 cup
My Exhaust mounts have collapsed so am on that today, joys of French rubber bits lol

My cable ties have lasted twice as long as the last set of mounts I wasted my money on! Hope you have em already cos the parts dept closes at 12 doesn't it? That's the one in newc anyways.

172 cup
My Clio is fairly low and I dont have too much trouble down there.

On the route we are taking you will only HAVE to go over 4 bumps maximum and none of them are ridiculous. My car is pretty low and the exhaust tickles it if I don't keep one wheel off the bumps.

I've been to places far worse

Clio 172 Cup
Shields is if you don't know the way around, Coast and back is speed bump free, 2-3 mountains on the coast road, nothing to bad.

Got the local motor factors on the case and ordered another set from Renault for Tuesday, if these ones are pony.

Clio Dynamique 1.2
but trying to get in the sundial car park with all the new speed bumps and lights they have put on bens park road hammer your car

172 cup
I for one wont be driving all the way down Bents Park road, from Gypsies Green to the Sundial there aren't that many speed bumps and that's the route which has been set out. Cruising around shields is a nightmare for speedbumps, if that's what your doing but I know I'm not working on that plan!