ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

north east big meet - sunday 30th Jan

Do you want food?

• Total voters
  Clio 172 Cup
Spot on Geddes.

Once we get down the Sundial there is also a big overflow car park on the field opposite. Not sure if it's open during the winter months, but good photo spot. If not there is Little Haven or Crab Shack car parks.

If weather is in our favour there is also the law top, stunning photo point!!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Spot on Geddes.

Once we get down the Sundial there is also a big overflow car park on the field opposite. Not sure if it's open during the winter months, but good photo spot. If not there is Little Haven or Crab Shack car parks.

If weather is in our favour there is also the law top, stunning photo point!!

if you want i can make a phone call or james can about the over flow car park opp see if it will be open for us

where is this law top then your on about? prob know it like

Clio 172 Cup
315464093-orig.jpg

Just off Ocean Road.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Geddes, i reckon you should phone just incase. Just because they are busy through the summer doesnt mean they will be staffed like that at the end of Jan.

RB 200
find me a numver i'll give them a ring tomorrow ....

while im getting your car serviced geddes, collecting mine from the dealer, doing my job, etccccc :p
haha

nahh but seriously if you tell me who to ring and what car park you want open i'll sort it :)

Clio 172 Cup
Sundial
Place page
Sea Road
South Shields NE33 2LD
0191 427 6963

The car park is the the summer over flow one opposite Minchella's Ice Cream Shop. I think it's classed as Bents Park, but they will know which one you mean as it's the only overflow down there.

Clio 172 Cup
If you wanted to go all out, the local paper is normally begging for storeys for a Monday morning, contact them and they will do a little piece in the paper with a photo, promoting CS in the area.

Details here...

Tbh, i don't think the papers would be a good idea. They've never got anything good to say about organised events such as this. I went to one a few summers ago, where the press were notified, and it caused no end of trouble afterwards with all the rubbish they'd wrote.

172 cup
The Sundial was quite busy this Sunday when I was down there at 1ish, the carpark up the grotto is usually quieter if the overflow isn't open- which it wasn't on Sunday gone. 10+ Clios will be sweet parked up down the front but I'd expect some attention from the law, so for those who are travelling here and don't know the area take it easy as there is very rarely any grace given by the local boys in blue.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Geedes i'll give you a text regarding this mate, I might be in the toon for a few days at the end of Jan. :)

Clio Dynamique 1.2
The Sundial was quite busy this Sunday when I was down there at 1ish, the carpark up the grotto is usually quieter if the overflow isn't open- which it wasn't on Sunday gone. 10+ Clios will be sweet parked up down the front but I'd expect some attention from the law, so for those who are travelling here and don't know the area take it easy as there is very rarely any grace given by the local boys in blue.

yes PC Mole is my best friend in shields haha good idea though you should contact shields gazzette they will send someone down

172 cup
yes PC Mole is my best friend in shields haha good idea though you should contact shields gazzette they will send someone down

I can't think of anything worse than contacting the paper tbh! I see no benefits or good things which will out weigh the negative that will come of it.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
have anyone got something for me to have a look at at what they said and i'll go from there

172 cup
I spoke to the council today regarding the overflow and the department I got put through to said it wouldn't be opened on the day. He did however give me a name to email about getting it opened in future if we are going to have a large attendance.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I spoke to the council today regarding the overflow and the department I got put through to said it wouldn't be opened on the day. He did however give me a name to email about getting it opened in future if we are going to have a large attendance.

nice one, shame they can't open in on the day though, de he give a reason why?

If you can forward the emial to me please that'll be nice

172 cup
nice one, shame they can't open in on the day though, de he give a reason why?

If you can forward the emial to me please that'll be nice

Sure thing bud, he didn't give reasons no but I don't give up after 1 call :). Im going to give a mate a shout at the council tomorrow who I worked with a few summers ago. Helped out doing activity days and the opening of the skatepark there a few years ago, he works in events for the beach area specifically so might know a better person to contact regarding it.

We have a couple weeks to find out at least, I'll keep you posted :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Sure thing bud, he didn't give reasons no but I don't give up after 1 call :). Im going to give a mate a shout at the council tomorrow who I worked with a few summers ago. Helped out doing activity days and the opening of the skatepark there a few years ago, he works in events for the beach area specifically so might know a better person to contact regarding it.

We have a couple weeks to find out at least, I'll keep you posted :)

nice one again lol, i'm not sure how the Council side works but i'm sure it'll be just a simple Nudge lol

172 cup
To be honest it's bound to be a bloke with a set of keys coming down to open up and that's it as it's only south shields and bound to be simple. A guy I went to college with runs the refuse disposal team (Bin Men) and he was a right nugget, hopefully the person who does the car parks likes their cars to.

S

Ste King 182

ide be up for that but im on call out at work that week :dead: ad have to come in me work van 90bhp fiat scudo haha !!!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just an Update on this:

Meet at Marsden Grotto then head over to the Sundial where we will from there take pics have a drink and bite to eat and the normal chit chat

Here is a Map of where Marsden Grotto is

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...,0.264187&z=13

A= Marsden Grotto 12:45
B= Sundial Pub (Final Meeting Point) 13:00

if you fancy popping allong please add your names to the list

172 cup
Oooooo if he has a Farpy he HAS to come, it's been ages since I've heard that sweet sweet sound. "Rumbadabadabada pop pop farp" - FRPs I've the best overrun noise ever!

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Not been on here for awhile, cant believe how many names have been put down! Should be a really good meet.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
aye there's a few names , aye it will be a good meet nee doubt about it

172 cup
I'll bring my camera along with bits and pieces to get some nice photos- I'm a complete photo ASW so if anyone wants shots of their cars/group photos of a certain colour/setup just let me know as im a bit of a camera saddo and always take s**t loads of photos :)

100% booked it off work today so I'm looking forward to it already. Who wants beating at pool when we are in the sundial then? ;) my quid will be straight on the table

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
lol nice one, we were just talking about this on the last meet on who would be a good pic taker. have to make sure my car will be spanking clean

i'll put money on the table well 20p lol, i'm quit good at pool

172 cup
I use a DSLR, ain't no pro but have always been the one with a camera at 106/zsoc/croft/FCS meets in the past :) Got thousands of car photos on my photobucket from the last few years.

I'll be there from the start and I'm happy to take as many photos of anybodies cars they want, i always introduce myself to people randomly to so dont be scared I'm not that much of a wierdo.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i know nowt on taking pics, i've only ever owned 1 camera so far and it's DSC-W50 got it for xmas few years back and it's falling apart lol. would love a new camera

i'd love if you can take pics of mine like please, speak soon of out now

172 cup
Will do, on the run from Grotto to Sundial I will go-ahead and get some on road shots from the roadside of the convoy*

* if we get as many people show up as what's put their name down I'll be amazed! Even half that list will be a bloody good show.