ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nordschleife Sept/Oct 2010

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
9th/10th 11th is that a possibility for Jason and Stoddie?? Justin going with his ball and chain.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Probably end or September mate, those dates suit me better too, so I can accrue tje holidays in mt new job!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Blackberry fail! LOL!

Just incase Jason pulls out for whatever reason, I've started accumulating parts for the Clio so its there to fall back on!

Just bought a new sump, sump gasket, all new engine mounts, new brakes all round and I'm gonna order a poly bush kit today!

Last edited:
  RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
1. Tina (driving)
2. Ali (driving)
3. Jason (driving)
4. Gaz (With Jason)
5. steve.m (driving)
6. Paul (driving)
7. Frizz (with Paul)

No -

1. Dave (unfortunately)

Maybe -

1. rory182 (as a passenger most likely, maybe with steven)

Motorbikes
Tbh guys, as much as I really want to go, I just don't think I'll be able to make ends meet for this after thinking about it for a while, will see how I feel nearer booking time.

1. Tina (driving)
2. Ali (driving)
3. Jason (driving)
4. Gazable (With Jason)
5. Paul (driving)
6. Frizz (with Paul)

No -

1. Dave (unfortunately)

Maybe -

1. rory182 (as a passenger most likely, maybe with steven)
2. steven m

MY10 R35 GTR
Im coming home after this trip spending 14 days hope then going out for another 4 weeks. So I should end up end up with all of September off. Cos I'll onle have been home for 2/3 weeks in the space of 3 months. But the weekends already filled in sept are the 15th-19th (definate) at a wedding and 23rd-29th is a possible trip to the states.

Its all a bit tricky to work out just now cos Im still offshore. But I would hope to have first week or 2 in oct off aswell due to hospital appointments and renewing of medicals etc etc. Once I hear the latest from my boss I'll let you guys know :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ok this is the official opening times. As you'll see its tough to get dates to fit ferries and opening hours. If you arrive in the morning then drive over, i think it's about 4hrs max, can't really remember. You'll be there for mid afternoon, track opens from 5:30 for a few hrs. I got a couple of laps in the evening as did Justin. What i'm tryin to avoid is hanging around the ring all day till 5:30 the next day as in reality there is bugger all to do. Great atmosphere, but that only lasts a couple of hrs before boredom sets in.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/nuerb...urs-of-operation-nordschleife.html?no_cache=1

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Whats everyone movements for Oct? Although you're getting fairly late in the season!! Ring is only open sat sunday and monday...

So you could do this:

8th ferry.
Arrive 9th AM - Drive to ring for evening session Stay 9th.
10th - Full day, stay 10th.
11th - travel back to Ferry
12th back in UK.

11th is a fair bit of hanging about, unless you spend the afternoon in Amsterdam or such like.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
What about going Dover-Calais, Hull-Rotterdam, Harwich-Hamburg?

Plenty of choice of ferries/crossings.

The convoy over would be a major part of the experience for me!

Would 2 full days at the Ring not be better?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Minimising Miles is a priority for me. BUT with a realistic ferry price. Rosyth is double that of Newcastle. Convoy is the worst bit, Dull and boring! (Until you get to the tunnels!!)

2 full days would indeed be better, however, they are few and far between. My dates on P1 are the only ones in Sept.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
FLOL^

Good point on the boozing Jew!

DFDS Newcastle-Ijmuiden is a right good crossing anyway! The disco on the top floor is hilarious!

How about an over night in the Dam? I can show you lot the banana bar! OOOFT!

FLOL^

Good point on the boozing Jew!

DFDS Newcastle-Ijmuiden is a right good crossing anyway! The disco on the top floor is hilarious!

How about an over night in the Dam? I can show you lot the banana bar! OOOFT!

Thats just gonna extend the time away though. Ali can't remember much of our boat trip.. I was sat alone in the bar while he was spewing!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Me and my best mate from the army tag teamed 2 fat burds from Sunderland, what a night that was!!

Drove home from Newcastle pished haha!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Did she look like

moby_dick.jpg

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I actually cany mind, had a big hairy muff, was like pumping the top of an Ugg boot! LOL!!