ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noob from Manchester

Hi picking up my racing blue 182 cup this weekend and the shopping list is HUGE already. .
I like a project and am normally a rwd fanboy ( normally m powered). But having chased a trophy round donnington few years ago in my exige I knew I would have to have one at some point and as they are so reasonable at the moment and I've just sold my last two project cars I needed something to occupy my mind, hands and ebay watch list.
Plans are to use it as a courtesy car at work, pick kids up from nursery and track days It already has k tec coil overs
List
Replace bottom arms,
Track rods,
Arb, bushes, road poly
Rear beam bushes, road poly
Solid top mounts
Rear Arb
Replace all wheel bearings,
F and rear strut braces
Rear camber shims,
Replace all belts, pulleys and fluids
Some sort of brake upgrade for the track days
And a bodywork tidy up.

I hope this will turn it into a sweet / tight driving pocket rocket. Have I missed anything? And where would you recommend stocking up?

I will do a build / progress thread once I have the car but for anyone interested this was my last project that I sold a few month ago after doing the Rico Rally in it and surprising a lot of the other entrants :)
http://www.bmwe21.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=17050.

Cheers
Jamie

Welcome, nice to see another North West member. Although it's probably only for noise, I can't look past a good induction kit (similar to the K-Tec sytem) on these, they sound great. Other than that it seems you have some nice plans, looking forward to seeing the finer details :up:

It's home. Needs suspension raising desperately and lots of new parts are on the way.

This is what I'm starting with

7D0889EC-29D1-42FD-87D9-692A49EF6821_zpsfh7nzphd.jpg

B396F23E-C5CF-4BE6-9298-F044942244A5_zpssrzyvykb.jpg

Track 172 Cup
Hi and Welcome, I'm new here also I have just bought a 172 cup for tracking and not too far from you.

Welcome pal,

I remember this being on eBay and needing work done as I was going to purchase it myself.

Does it still have damage to one of the rear quarters? Plans sound good too!

Think I still have the photos I robbed eBay somewhere swear it is the same car. Was going for about £1000 I think.

Welcome pal,

I remember this being on eBay and needing work done as I was going to purchase it myself.

Does it still have damage to one of the rear quarters? Plans sound good too!

Think I still have the photos I robbed eBay somewhere swear it is the same car. Was going for about £1000 I think.
Yes it was on eBay. It cost me £1200. It has a dent in the rear quarter off a child's handle bar. Not pretty but as I own a body repair business it's the least of my problems and will be done last once every thing else is to my liking. :)

Yes it was on eBay. It cost me £1200. It has a dent in the rear quarter off a child's handle bar. Not pretty but as I own a body repair business it's the least of my problems and will be done last once every thing else is to my liking. :)
Lucky for some, think I put a cheeky offer of £900 after it failed to get any bidders at £1000 :( will be nice to see one back to a proper standard!

Lucky for some, think I put a cheeky offer of £900 after it failed to get any bidders at £1000 :( will be nice to see one back to a proper standard!
Found these from 16th Nov last year from the eBay add :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418083496449.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418083496449.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418083524111.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418083524111.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418083607953.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418083607953.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418083640535.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418083640535.png
    841.8 KB · Views: 32
Almost everything has arrived. The list is long and has been expensive. I was hoping to do Anglesey before Christmas but the bushes took for ever to arrive so I've bucked the 22nd of Feb as it's on offer at moment for £100 with circuit days for open pittance.
The list.
New purple poly bushes all round
Pms solid top mounts
Brembo hc grooved front discs and ds3000s
Renault rear discs and ds2500s
New bearings all round
New inner an outer track rods
New poly rack bushes
Pms strut braces
All new belts and pulleys
New pas pump
White line rarb
Forge silicone hoses
New plugs
New fluids throughout
Set of ns2r tyres
I'm now skint :-(

So the car was eventually ready. Fought me all the way and literally finnished day before track day after finding numerous problems, bodged and seized s**t to sort out without mentioning the faulty bonnet catch and bonnet flipping up. I was not feeling any love for the clio at all and the weather was awfull yesterday and I drove down on the ns2rs. Which are truly shocking in the wet. The last couple of hours dried out and it made all the pain worth while and I may even have become a fwd track car fan ( though I'm pretty sure the clio thinks it's rwd most of the time if provoked ). Need to get it on track again soon. Few more jobs to do ( drivers headlight broken , exhaust needs lining up and high level brake light inop but pretty much it's done and ready to be used and abbused. :)
F3022AAE-9416-479D-8D4A-E5D4C7B62CB4_zpsvwxp51sy.jpg

A6DCB9CF-8F7B-4C2F-8281-F41051B480EC_zpsp5psj9oa.jpg

B5485FB0-EEDE-4AF6-80E8-38C6B54AB659_zpsicmo1iuw.jpg

B45D39EC-2126-43FC-B826-1D73D8AB95A5_zpsr1nclvsv.jpg