ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non-boomy Clio 182 exhuast help [pwease]

Incidentally, the whole system including both rear mounts, centre mount, and delivery, works out ~£375 with CS discount. f**king bargain IMO.

Top service from K-tec as always. It looks good. The tailpipes are especially awesome. I won't have time to fit it until next week though. Gutted :(

Blah blah. Quick question for any Janspeed owners.

There's a bar about 200mm long welded to the rear of the back box, with maybe a fifteen degree or so bend in it. As far as I can tell, this doesn't fit into any mounts. What is it? No doubt I'll find out in due course but I was just curious.

ITB'd MK1
there should be 2 hangers (normal rubber hangers) and 2 bolted mounts at the rear of the system. how many mounts/hangers do you have?

I have the two rear mounts and the centre section mount. All new.

On the back box, there are two hangers (for the two rear mounts) and there is also the bar on the rear of the box that I mentioned. I'm sure it'll all become clear but I thought I'd ask, as it doesn't appear to be a hanger. Just a bent bar.

Good video, Christopher. It sounds nice, but too loud for me. I'm old.

I fitted the Janspeed today, and I have to say it's a really nice system. It looks awesome and sounds awesome. At some speeds in some gears it can be a bit boomy on overrun or at large throttle openings in too high a gear. Otherwise it's generally unobtrusive, great on the motorway, and f**king epic when gunning it. Really raspy. I f**king love it :D

I'm glad I went for the straight through centre section, too. Overall, exactly what I had hoped for. Good shout, Daniel.

Incidentally, the old system was so fucked I have no idea how it was still on the car :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It turns my penis into a semi hard state knowing that you like it.

I personally can't stand boomy, low note exhaust systems. Rasp is where its at baby.

No pics. I might take some in the week. The car looks a mess anyway. Filthy dirty and the rims are black with brake dust. Just how I like it though TBH :evil:

If anyone finds this thread via the search, and has similar priorities as the OP, I can definitely recommend the Janspeed straight through system. The KTR slash cut tailpipes look the tits, too :cool:

It turns my penis into a semi hard state knowing that you like it.

I personally can't stand boomy, low note exhaust systems. Rasp is where its at baby.

That's how we roll. It does have a nice but subtle burbly idle, and is quite deep sounding as you pull away but, once moving and in the upper rev range, it's raspy as f**k. Straight through FTW (I still have a cat).

EDIT: Good service and price from KTR, too. With Cliosport discount, the system and all mounts, came to £365 inc. VAT & shipping. Bargain, and rapid delivery :)

RB FF 182
Same as this one Roy?

img_0051.gif

img_0062.gif

I have that one with the silenced centre section and love it. just a nice note, and quiet on a motorway cruise. :)

Thats the Ktec one but made by Janspeed.

ITB'd MK1
I have the two rear mounts and the centre section mount. All new.

On the back box, there are two hangers (for the two rear mounts) and there is also the bar on the rear of the box that I mentioned. I'm sure it'll all become clear but I thought I'd ask, as it doesn't appear to be a hanger. Just a bent bar.

On the std system there's 2 more hangers between the rear mounts and the center mount. Only fitted one janspeed 182 exhaust but I'm sure it had these

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
look forward to pic!!! something im really interested in - being that yozza seems to be ignoring my mails! :)

looks great didnt know they did one with out a middle box!!! :) i too dont want one that is ott loud! but want a bit of sound when putting my foot down! any problems when fitting or was it pretty straight forward?!

what discount do we get for being a member ( i know im not one at the mo)

On the std system there's 2 more hangers between the rear mounts and the center mount. Only fitted one janspeed 182 exhaust but I'm sure it had these

Missed this. Yeah, many thanks for your help, and that of everyone. I figured it all out in the end. Removing the old system was the hardest part :eek:

...what discount do we get for being a member ( i know im not one at the mo)

I'm unsure exactly. IIRC my basket came to ~£393, and my invoice was ~£365 after discount. That's 3 years worth of membership to Cliosport TBH.

Super sport is a 'straight through' 2.5" with a single silencer at the rear. However, it's a cat-back system so yes, I personally still have a cat. It's my second cat though, as the original exploded and was replaced under warranty.

In summary no, the super sport isn't a decat.

It does also seem to have very slightly improved performance, but I concede that's probably down to placebo and the increased noise over OEM. It certainly hasn't reduced power, though.

EDIT: If you get one, be sure to also order a full set of mounts. All my mounts were rotten, as was the OEM system.

Dodgy one
When i was on a trip up to Scotland which was 3 1/2 hours solid so it was nice and hot :) I admit after 2 hours it started to get a bit bomy, But there was a hell of a load on the engine.

A boot full of food, two suitcases, biking spares lots of beer and two bikes on the roof too lol

Anyway are we going to get Vids :)

Fair play, fella. By all accounts the Miltek is a lovely system. I just didn't think it was for me. I'm doing a 500 mile trip this weekend with the Janspeed, so I may report back in this thread, in the interests of the search. My experience so far is that it's near OEM on light throttles and at motorway speeds. Impressive considering it only has the one box.

No vids. Firstly I can't be bothered. Secondly I can't be bothered.

So. I thought I may as well update this thread.

I'm still loving this exhaust but I'm now only 95% happy with it. On a very long run it does become boomy in the cabin once it's really hot. I think this is due to the fitting. As it grows it doesn't sit properly in the rear cut-outs and it's when it's like this that it becomes boomy. I'm going to get under the car today, remove the centre section and refit the rear, then put the centre back in so it sits more naturally. I think it's stressing the mounts as it grows.

Does this sound reasonable?

I also need to get some new engine mounts, as I fear the movement will be stressing the whole system. I'll probably get the ktec solid mounts but I'm not 100% decided on those yet.

I'm talking to myself but, in the interest of thread completion for the search, I refitted it all today and it's much better. It can still get slightly boomy at times but, overall it's a nice system. I couldn't expect any quieter for a system with only one silencer.

Highly recommended, but if you truly want it very quiet, I would have to suggest getting the sports system with the centre silencer.

Summary. Mostly quiet. Raspy. Few pops on the overrun. Slightly boomy at times.

Done. Next stop solid engine mounts and new track rod ends before the next track outing.

I've just done the search and your updates haven't been in vain Roy. I'm currently deciding between the super sports or the sport version of the Janspeed. I do a decent amount of motorway and town driving, but also like a blat across the backroads as often as possible!

How loud and intrusive is the supersports at say 85mph on a motorway cruise? The only thing that is putting me off at the moment is that it might be a bit loud for that. Or am I just been a gayer? :)

I can't remember how loud it is sitting at 85. Maybe a slight boom but nothing major. Sitting around 70 it goes virtually silent!

182, mr2 rev2, crx vtec
I'm looking to order a miltek exhaust and de-cat next week for my 182. Is it a good sounding exhaust. I want peolple to hear me coming

Haha I don't sit at 70 very often though ;)
Having read a few other reviews it sounds good to me. Bought it now anyway so it better do :)

I've just done the search and your updates haven't been in vain Roy. I'm currently deciding between the super sports or the sport version of the Janspeed. I do a decent amount of motorway and town driving, but also like a blat across the backroads as often as possible!

How loud and intrusive is the supersports at say 85mph on a motorway cruise? The only thing that is putting me off at the moment is that it might be a bit loud for that. Or am I just been a gayer? :)

As above. I'm looking to get a new exhaust soon. However i do drive oop north quite often to see family/friends. Does anyone have the Sports rather than Supersports. Is the sound pretty much same as standard? Thanks.