ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've done some reading online and technically the N80 has a superior screen display but in the real world I doubt you'd ever notice.

o2 are f**king shite

Last year they gave me a deal where they knocked £5 off my line rental, i accepted that and thought great. Rang them today, because of my spending over the last 6 months (£30 per month) i cant get the N80 unless i pay £220, so it seems me accepting money off the line rental actually fucked me over for getting a decent phone this year, the only phones they will offer me for Free are shite ones.

So now unsure what to do, i dont want to leave o2 but i want a new phone. Orange are out of stock of the n80 so cant go there. Might nip into town and see the peeps instore and see what i can get. Well pissed off.

I also asked about the K800i but being on an upgrade i cant get it unless i pay £119, they also dont have it in stock til 20th july. Tempted to quit and just sign a new contract with them. Seems so stupid they will give free s**t away with new contracts but wont keep there current customers happy.

Also was on the phone with some f**king dyke who wouldnt give me s**t.

Proper muppets, just rang them again to see how much it would be to cancel. They have now said the phone is £79.99.

Said the other person must have read something else or there is a glitch in the system.

Idiots

Citroen DS3 DSport
Anyone with the N80 uploaded music to the phone using Music Manager? I can access all my albums etc but none of the tracks are in the correct order, any ideas?

Well after then being completly gay i went instore and got the n80 for FREE on a £35 per month contract. Im happy.

Also instead of cancelling my old contract they are changing it for free to Pay As You Go so i can still keep the number and use my 6680 and TomTom

Citroen DS3 DSport
Nice result Dave :) Hope you enjoy the N80. I really like it although it is definately slower running than the 6630 it replaces, especially after 300 texts in memory.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm dreading the first time I drop my N80 :( Usually when I drop a phone it's always on concrete which is not good, and most often while drunk :D Tonight may present me with that danger.

sneeks said:
Nice result Dave :) Hope you enjoy the N80. I really like it although it is definately slower running than the 6630 it replaces, especially after 300 texts in memory.

So far it seems great, i should really let the battery sort itself out before playing with it but oh well...

Just reading about sat nav software, seems loads of confusing around the N80

Navicore seem to have released a working version however this article doesnt show it. I would try some stuff but i need to get a card reader thing for the Mini SD card to make it into a full SD card (if that makes sense?)

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/4052_Navicore_GPS_Navigator_for_S60.php

I would happily give other sat navs a go whilst waiting for TomTom to be sorted, just so i can get rid of my 6680 for some dosh. :D

Citroen DS3 DSport
I could well be interested in trying out that sat nav software so that I can retire my 6630 and replace my car cradle.

yeah, i know what you mean.

Have you tried the wireless keyboard application?

I just paired my bluetooth keyboard to the phone, started writing messages etc.. from the keyboard and it appears on the phone screen. Well impressed.

Im sure my 6680 had this but never tried it, however i cant find the application on that phone anymore so oh well

Citroen DS3 DSport
I don't have a wireless keyboard and have always looked at the icon for that application and wondered if it actually works or not, now I know :) Sounds pretty cool.

I've never installed the lifeblog software yet, not sure I want my phone snooping on my daily activities :D

lol @ the keyboard at meets. Me thinks not haha

I deleted lifeblog, i dont blog anything so it doesnt intrest me at all.

Do n-gage games work on the n80?

surely some s60 2nd edition apps work with the 3rd edition?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I don't think any s20 2nd edition apps work because they have changed how the OS operates and installs them.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have noticed that you can opt to use unsigned apps so Symbian must have been forced to remove that requirement since the original release of 3rd edition.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll go have a look at that now. I've looked at the Flash Player but it doesn't come with anything to run on it so this could be what I was looking for.

Clio 172mk2
i need a 2gb card whered u buy yers and how much was it, as for filling one id say

tom tom 6 when its out and suported 500 meg suposidly needed for all addons
agile messanger
mp3s around 600mb-1g

thats about it at the moment, theres not acutally that much software u can get, but there should be loads in developement. this fone really needs some games to be released, or somet to make the java ones full screen

biojo said:
i need a 2gb card whered u buy yers and how much was it, as for filling one id say

tom tom 6 when its out and suported 500 meg suposidly needed for all addons
agile messanger
mp3s around 600mb-1g

thats about it at the moment, theres not acutally that much software u can get, but there should be loads in developement. this fone really needs some games to be released, or somet to make the java ones full screen

I got mine from ebay £30.00. Where can I download this software?

i want the remote control software but am not paying for it.

I recently bought a 1gb card from Ebay, cost all of £12 inc p&p. Should arrive soon.

Rich(sneeks) i know you want to sell me your fone.

Will be contacting you when i get mine for some stuff for it :)... well advice really.

Got a working copy of Route66 Mobile 7, here is the forum where i found it.

It needs a activation code which isnt available and maps which can be found by searching on that forum.

Software is in a post from landy and the maps is in a post from schwantz

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=346

If it gets removed PM me, however it shouldnt as ive not posted a direct link to anything illegal, I think.

However this application is working and installs as ive had it running

it does work, however you cant do anything with it without an activation code.

However no other sat nav software currently works with this phone, so its a step in the right direction

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Works on my N80 and My E61.

Shame i dont have a big enough memory card.

RSi Dave said:
Got a working copy of Route66 Mobile 7, here is the forum where i found it.

It needs a activation code which isnt available and maps which can be found by searching on that forum.

Software is in a post from landy and the maps is in a post from schwantz

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=346

If it gets removed PM me, however it shouldnt as ive not posted a direct link to anything illegal, I think.

However this application is working and installs as ive had it running

Citroen DS3 DSport
Feirny said:
Rich(sneeks) i know you want to sell me your fone.

Will be contacting you when i get mine for some stuff for it :)... well advice really.

Ello amigo :)

I may well be selling it, not 100% sure yet. If I am then it'll be replaced with the N73.

sneeks said:
Ello amigo :)

I may well be selling it, not 100% sure yet. If I am then it'll be replaced with the N73.

Think ive just cut a deal to be honest mate. Will let u know though.

Got many goodies for yours?