ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noisiest Exhaust

Clio Sport 172
Whats the best exhaust to get for a Clio 1.8 RSI . I want something with alot of noise and popping. Im thinking of getting 2 boxes. Any1 kow of any that really go well with a clio?

less back boxes = more noise. ive got supersprint manifold unsilenced decat torpedo silencer and ktec back box and i got 132.8db peak which was louder than phils celica with a straight thru system with no silencers/back boxes!

Get a stainless tubular manifold, unsilenced decat, larger bore (not too big) remove back silencer and have a small back box. all stainless steel tho and ul get plenty of noise!

Clio Sport 172
i got my 2 back boxes fitted and my K&N Airfilter. Sounds very nice now, loud as hell when you put ur foot down. Will it get louder as it wears in?

th_image_00007.jpg

Clio Sport 172
Ill give it a go m8, does the car sound louder as the new exhausts wear in? i was told its gonna get louder by my friend but will it be deeper or just louder top end?

it'll get louder, i've got twin back box but they r quite small, system is very loud, was even louder with decat

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe
Custom a straight through pipe with no cat, no resonator and not muffler. Then put an electronic silencer near the end. When you want to crazy loud you can open the silencer then close it when normal driving.

1996 Valver
Why do you want a loud exhaust?
I can understand y u want popping and a different tone, but y loud?

Mk2 Golf GTI
Pat_986 said:
Why do you want a loud exhaust?
I can understand y u want popping and a different tone, but y loud?

Either to impress young girls or to over compensate for other 'less impressive' things :rofl:

I thought Supersprints were supposed to be real loud on Clios, can't remember if that was mk1 or mk2 though.

yeh the supersprint made mine alot louder....im not looking for it to be loud i put decat and supersprint on for performance if i wanted loud id remove the silencer in the mid section but its loud enough as it is! if not loud but i gota like it n lump it!

Clio Sport 172
i want performance not anymore noise. Has anyone got a racing manifold on their car at all? And wat Supersprint product u got on your car and where did u get it m8?

i got my supersprint from Ktec...not sure if the do one for Rsi tho... try most exhaust manufacturers such as janspeed etc. i think Ashley Competition Exhausts can sort you out with one!

Clio Sport 172
Plattsy said:
i got my supersprint from Ktec...not sure if the do one for Rsi tho... try most exhaust manufacturers such as janspeed etc. i think Ashley Competition Exhausts can sort you out with one!

Did it give you a noticable change in power?