ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No compromise Supercharged ek9 progress thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
DSC_0083copy.jpg

These wheels look that little bit more special! :eek:

clio 200 F4Rt
good stuff!!!

Where did you order your Bride seat from? As that picture you posted aint no Zeta III!!

I can't stand these cars, but being a massive project man myself, I love it. And you've been cleaning, so that buys you my respect!!

Great stuff buddy, keep it up!

Charged Superleggera
Thanks again for the awesome comments fellas. It makes the thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours invested in it in the last few months less painful and all worth the effort. I didnt expect to see so many ek9 admirers on a clio forum but you guys obviously know what these cars are all about and capable of.

Yeh gally hopefully will get the car to a few cs meets aswell mate and lol, dont get me wrong i love the rays te37's that were on before but they are just far too common these days, especially on ek9's. Desmond reggamasters are my favourite wheels of all time as they really do combine functionality and form perfectly imo. They are rare to find in this fitment and being forged wheels they are unbelievably light, when i picked one up i it felt like it was made from plastic lol. Also they do make a noticeable difference to acceleration compared to the stock wheel, which were made by enkei also designed to be light. The reggas wont be to everyones taste but the fact that i have got 55 profile tyres is killing their looks abit but lower profile tyres will be on early next week so should be an improvment when they go on. Gally i dont know if this will change your opinion but this was my desktop background for the last few months ;)

4022259739_55b3f51acb_b.jpg

4022744853_b9b4e538bc_o.jpg

The pic of the bride seat was from google mate. I dont have any pics of the seat i bought but its a bride zeta 2 or 3 as far as i was told and its coming from america. As for the coilovers well i was swayed by the great reviews they have been getting on the ek9, scooby and evo forums. at £630 the only coilovers to really compare them with would be ones like d2, meisterR and tein superstreets, which is what i have on the car at the moment. Having lsd as standard and a seam welded chassis it is already pretty well set up and i think coilovers can only make it better. i was offered a straight swap with j's racing coilovers though, which retail at £3k but i can imagine them being far too stiff for a road car so im sticking with the bc's for the moment. Im actually excited about fitting them and taking the car for a blast to see how they do after what people have said about them.

In terms of future plans, the first step is to get it mapped on hondata s300 engine management. I was planning on using aem ems but the tuner im taking it to prefers hondata so thats what i am going for. Not the cheapest at around £1k inc mapping but launch control and full throttle shifts are awsome :cool: Once thats done the gearbox will be getting overhauled down the line with either a spoon or cusco lsd and a longer final drive.

Think I've posted that yellow EK in the JDM thread in the past, one of my favourite modded yellow ones. Good work on your EK only thing that lets it down is being pre-facelift IMO.

Charged Superleggera
Yup turkish i think you posted it up originally. cheers man. haha pre-facelift is where its at man. Seriously though when i first bought it the original idea was to do a facelift conversion and swap over the whole front end but i changed my mind in the end partly because of the cost and partly because it has grown on me now and i think the prefacelift front bumper looks much chunkier and thus giving it a more aggressive look when compared to the facelift one. Only thing i will change now though is the tail lights for the facelift ones for a fresher look.

Yup turkish i think you posted it up originally. cheers man. haha pre-facelift is where its at man. Seriously though when i first bought it the original idea was to do a facelift conversion and swap over the whole front end but i changed my mind in the end partly because of the cost and partly because it has grown on me now and i think the prefacelift front bumper looks much chunkier and thus giving it a more aggressive look when compared to the facelift one. Only thing i will change now though is the tail lights for the facelift ones for a fresher look.

All personal taste I guess, bit like the phase 1 172 vs phase 2's. I just like the face-lifted model looker cleaner/fresher imo. I'm still looking for one.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
i hate civics with a passion, common, driven by idiots, bloody loud vtec noise.

but this is amazing! you have really put the time, money and effore into this. i really really like this and will be following this thread closely!

awesome car mate, i bet it handles amazingly. what power figures does it make?

i wish they had this many tuning parts for the megane :(

lynden.

Evo 6, E92 320d
That looks fantastic, credit to you. Makes me want to spend some dosh on my 200sx, really want a set of Tein bonnet struts!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Utterly brilliant. To have the balls both in terms of money and time to commit to this is really great to see.

I've said to many people before that my Lottery Win Fantasy would principally be made up of me buying a car and then ordering very high-spec/high quality parts for it. Then fitting 90%+ of those parts myself.

Hats off to you sir. You've done what so many of us would wish to do. I like EK9's already, but your's is clearly something special.

:)

D.

Charged Superleggera
All personal taste I guess, bit like the phase 1 172 vs phase 2's. I just like the face-lifted model looker cleaner/fresher imo. I'm still looking for one.

yup totally dude. like you said all down to personal taste in the end but im glad your getting an ek9 anyways.

i hate civics with a passion, common, driven by idiots, bloody loud vtec noise.

but this is amazing! you have really put the time, money and effore into this. i really really like this and will be following this thread closely!

awesome car mate, i bet it handles amazingly. what power figures does it make?

i wish they had this many tuning parts for the megane :(

lynden.

cheers mate. haha funnily enough i do understand where you are coming from. At the last civic meet i was at in edinburgh we were all parked up just having a look around each others cars and chatting and at the far end there was a group who were at the meet just sitting and revving the tits off of their car, which was rather annoying and embarrassing. Really does give civic owners a bad reputation.

The handling is really what makes this car what it is and as for power figures im not sure but with in the next few weeks its getting a new standalone and a map. Once its on the rollers i will know for sure what its putting out. and yeh there are alot of tuning parts available for them which was a major selling point for me. Only thing you cant get for a b series is a sequential box as far as i am aware.

Dude. i love you and your car.

cheers mate and also thanks for your kind words on the ek9 forum :)

Firas

Charged Superleggera
Utterly brilliant. To have the balls both in terms of money and time to commit to this is really great to see.

I've said to many people before that my Lottery Win Fantasy would principally be made up of me buying a car and then ordering very high-spec/high quality parts for it. Then fitting 90%+ of those parts myself.

Hats off to you sir. You've done what so many of us would wish to do. I like EK9's already, but your's is clearly something special.

:)

D.

Cheers darren mate. Yeh i always said i would go all out on a project car before i turn 30. I wasnt planning on doing it this soon as im still only 21 and then this somehow became that project. I must admit though possibly my biggest inspiration was foxy. I just loved that boys commitment and dedication to his car and the fact that anything that went on his car served a purpose and not just for show.

White Sti Hatch
Looks good mate i shall have to nip round and have a gander at it !

Still glad i punted off in the end though as the amount of work and money that you've spent on it would have killed me ! plus a few thing i found out about it after passing it off to you.

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Fcuk me man big respect, wish I had that sort of coin to throw at a motor but its not to be at this moment :(

Heres a tidy wee civic a friend bought recently, obviously nowhere near the standard of your own but not a bad looker all the same :)

img3309a.jpg

Charged Superleggera
cheers mate. That looks like a tidy example that your mate has bought. change the wheels for some enkei rpf1's and it will looks amazing. i have a mate who's car started out as a 1.4 but then it got completely overhauled with a full respray and a b18 engine but he ended up breaking the car last month and made nearly £10k back lol. Is your mates a 1.4 or 1.6 btw?

Charged Superleggera
Looks good mate i shall have to nip round and have a gander at it !

Still glad i punted off in the end though as the amount of work and money that you've spent on it would have killed me ! plus a few thing i found out about it after passing it off to you.

cheers man. come round anytime mate would be interested in having a nosey at the megan as i never got a proper look it it the last time. Also cheers i got your pm mate and dont worry its not that worrying and its nothing i didint know before lol.

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
cheers mate. That looks like a tidy example that your mate has bought. change the wheels for some enkei rpf1's and it will looks amazing. i have a mate who's car started out as a 1.4 but then it got completely overhauled with a full respray and a b18 engine but he ended up breaking the car last month and made nearly £10k back lol. Is your mates a 1.4 or 1.6 btw?

1.6 but even at that theres some rip out of it, since been lowered and a change of rims must get a recent pic.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Cheers darren mate. Yeh i always said i would go all out on a project car before i turn 30. I wasnt planning on doing it this soon as im still only 21 and then this somehow became that project. I must admit though possibly my biggest inspiration was foxy. I just loved that boys commitment and dedication to his car and the fact that anything that went on his car served a purpose and not just for show.

having seen foxys car many times it is truely amazing! such an amazing car

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
good build! loving some of the bits you have done! good on you for doing stuff your self! makes it all soooo much better!!

only thing i dont like is the bc racing coilovers... you mentioned d2 and meister r's... they are all made by the same company... the same company that makes the bc racing ones...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

No truer words were said. It's great to see cars who's sole purpose is function over form. I like cars to look nice, but if it needlessly sacrifices what the car can do, then there's no point for me. Unless of course you're in the market for a Maybach or similar. Just like you said about the head unit in your car earlier (much earlier! :)) on Page 1 - a simple Sony unit chucked in - job done. You could have added many kgs in speakers and amps, but I don't see the point. And anyways, I'd much rather listen to the car itself than tunes that I could listen to in the car. ;)

D.

White Sti Hatch
No truer words were said. It's great to see cars who's sole purpose is function over form. I like cars to look nice, but if it needlessly sacrifices what the car can do, then there's no point for me. Unless of course you're in the market for a Maybach or similar. Just like you said about the head unit in your car earlier (much earlier! :)) on Page 1 - a simple Sony unit chucked in - job done. You could have added many kgs in speakers and amps, but I don't see the point. And anyways, I'd much rather listen to the car itself than tunes that I could listen to in the car. ;)

D.

Couldent have said it better !

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Very nice. My IE crashed too, i think it got an awesomeness overload. Very impressive mate. You can be very proud of your work.

clio 200 F4Rt
good build! loving some of the bits you have done! good on you for doing stuff your self! makes it all soooo much better!!

only thing i dont like is the bc racing coilovers... you mentioned d2 and meister r's... they are all made by the same company... the same company that makes the bc racing ones...

But they seem to get constant good reviews.

So its a brand dislike? (not that i am being critical, as you know, i am a JDMbrand*****! lol)

clio 200 F4Rt
The pic of the bride seat was from google mate. I dont have any pics of the seat i bought but its a bride zeta 2 or 3 as far as i was told and its coming from america.

Ah right, thats cool.

Just be weary of Bride's from America. Thier market seem to be flooded with the made in Canada or Taiwan fakes! Otherwise, good choice, love my VIOS III's!

having seen foxys car many times it is truely amazing! such an amazing car

I just read the whole first page and was going to ask a few questions about what else you were going to do, but I carried on reading the following pages and all the questions were answered lol. Cheers for the comments too!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Wow, what a first page! Great read, such an awesome amount of work has gone into this car. Fantastic!

Mountune Tractor
f**k me I would be scared to drive it after all that effort and money.
As much as I respect your work, you must really have a thing for these to warrant the money you have spent. Good for you though,I doubt there is a finer example in the whole country.

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
looks a work of art mate, keep up the good work for sure.

Does it get used daily? As it would be a waste not to let it stretch it's legs so to say!

Charged Superleggera
thanks again for the comments guys.

looks a work of art mate, keep up the good work for sure.

Does it get used daily? As it would be a waste not to let it stretch it's legs so to say!

cheers mate. Since i bought the car in mid march i have only done around 400 miles on it. I very rarely have to use the car to get about as dundee is a small town and everything is pretty much in a walking distance from me. I do have a 1.2 clio, which i do use for longer journeys as its very cheap to run and much more comfortable to drive than the ek9, despite being slammed on coilovers lol. Plus driving the ek9 on a dialy basis just to get around would be a massive waste imo and would do my head in at the same time. The ride is very stiff, the sound of the exhaust and the superchager means i can barely hear the radio and the racing clutch doesnt like low revs so driving it around town is abit of a nightmare. Plus i have saw less than 100miles miles to a full tank before so not the most economical 1.6 to run as a daily lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
But they seem to get constant good reviews.

So its a brand dislike? (not that i am being critical, as you know, i am a JDMbrand*****! lol)

not a brand dislike, i had the apex coilovers (meister r ones) and they were so bad it was stupid! there was no dampening at all... i have driven k sports and they were the same and drove a r32 skyline with the bc racings and again they felt the same, i thought the apex ones were ok.... until i drove a car with tein mono flex and there was such a difference! when i got my rx7 i vowed not to buy cheap s**t as in my oppinion you buy cheap... you buy twice... so if i want something i will get the best i can even if it means waiting longer for it... hence im using ohlins now lol! the ride quality is soooo much better it feels comfy like a stock car but they handle so well its amazing!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ok so

1) I hate you, I'm on mobile broadband and god knows how much bandwidth I just abused.

2) I love you, what a damn brilliant read, an epic amount of commitment and some serious time and money gone into it, threads like this make them grow on me 10 fold.

3) I hate you, I've just wasted quite some time at work reading this, and I'll now waste some more looking at how much I can buy one for.

Brilliant.

Charged Superleggera
cheers rob :) lol sorry first page was a bit mad but all i can say is if you get one you wont be disappointed ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome mate, I'm not sure if it's my JDM noobness but those wheels don't seem to compliment the work on the car.

But tnen again it's more of a "only some people will get it" kinda car. If you know what I mean. Most will think those wheels are just thrwn on, the people in the know will think you're a hero.

I think you're a hero, but only if you make a meet! :eek:

Charged Superleggera
lol gally its true only people who know what reggas are will understand but as you say though the majority will think i just threw on the cheapest wheels i could find lol. haha will hopefully make a meet or two this year and hopefully it will have been mapped on the new ems by then.

Pres mate i havent had it on the rollers yet since all the work was carried out but just like any imported car mapped for jap fuel it needs a good map to get it running 100% on uk fuel. When i first got it, it was hisitant at times and sometimes idled funny but that was down to a faulty lambda sensor, duff spark plugs and shagged grounding wires, all of which were replaced and now runs much better but i still want it mapped properly just to be 100% sure everything is sweet. Its sister car, which is running the same basic charger set up was dyno'd at 230bhp at only 5psi boost. I have heard that 12psi is pretty much at max efficiency for this type of charge and you will get just under 300bhp if intercooled. Tbh im not really wanting to chase big numbers but just want the car to be well set up.