ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nitrous Oxide Group Buy

yes, but run new plugs for more than a few seconds at idle, or way from the rpm are your intending to read then they are useless.

I am with ben and chief. not now but later. i am interested what the owners of this group buy will have to say about it all. hope evryone leaves feed back.

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 17 February 2004

I think Id be too tempted to inhale all the N20 just for a "laugh"
you can try mate, but commercial N20 is called nitrous plus, it has suplur dioxide in it to prevent substance abuse, i learnt the hard way with a killer headspin for me and my mate. We locked ourselves into a cupboard and wasted about 40 quids worth.....and no we didnt get giggly.

Bumder With A Buffer

bugger i was thinking of doing that!!! ^^^^^^^ lol

right my next question is is there anyware that could fit this in for me, im an electronics technician and could wire this up no probs.... its the setting up part that kinda gets me worried. dont want to f**k it all up!!!

Excuse all the questions, just trying to get ALL info b4 i commit myself!

PHIL TAYLOR
MOTORMANIA
544/550 WOODRIDGE ROAD
IPSWICH
SUFFOLK
IP4 4PN

Tel: None Available
Fax: None Available
Email: None Available

SIMON
M.J.S SERVICES
UNIT A6 - 48 HOLLYWELLS IND EST
HOLLYWELLS ROAD
IPSWICH
SUFFOLK
IP3 ODL

Tel: 01473 212594
Fax: 01473 230637

SIMON
WARRIOR MOTORSPORT
UNIT 15B, CLAYDON IND PARK
GREAT BLAKENHAM
IPSWICH
SUFFOLK
IP6 0NL

Tel: 01473 831521
Fax: 01473 830514
Email: mailto:07968 779041">U color=#0000ff 07968 779041/U

Bumder With A Buffer

ok cheers ben. im assuming if u get it fitted an an authorised dealer it help insurance??? still gota find out how much that will sting me actually, unless i dont tell em??!!!!

Any idea on fitting charges and setting up?

if you get it fitted by an approved dealer then insurance companies are more likely to cover you

im not telling mine, just gonna hide it well and make sure i can get the bottle out damn fast lol, then if i crash and i can still walk i can launch it into a bush or summin :D

Bumder With A Buffer

yeah thought about that one!!! only thing is when they send an insurance bloke round to look at it, pop the bonnet and oh whats that there injector for??!!!! oh nitrous.... sorry ure not insured!!! bugger!! lol :)

if the bottle isnt connected its fine! at the end of the day its JUST an injector, thats there for off-road use! with nowt connected its no different to having a turbo bolted in your engine bay with no hoses/pipes on it!

yea, but it wasnt installed on the road was it ;)

My setup is on a single mild steel plate i fabricated to hold everything, one earth, one neg lead and thats is. 2 10mm bolts, its off and in the bush.

hahaha genius ben, thats given me a cunning plan now!!

build a small plastic box with the solenoids in, and connect the wires to a multiplug, unclip the plug, unclip the box, gone! :D

and i spose the bottle can remain there if there are no solenoids! "oh yes mr insurance surveyor, thats my diving equipment";)

CAMIO LTD
UNIT 11,BALLARDS MEWS
HIGH STREET
EDGEWARE
MIDDLESEX
HA8 7BZ

Fax: 0208 9520500
Website

CLIVE
PRISM MOTORSPORT
UNIT 24 REDBURN IND EST
WOODALL ROAD
ENFIELD
MIDDLESEX
EN3 4LE

Fax: 0208 8046984

DOUG STOCKER
DAYTUM PERFORMANCE
UNIT 11 BALARDS MEWS
HIGH STREET
EDGEWARE
MIDDLESEX
HA8 7PZ

Tel: 0208 9520500
Fax: 0208 9521757
Email: mailto:07973 841162">U color=#0000ff 07973 841162/U
theres zillions of authorised dealers, go to http://www.wizardsofnos.com/agents.phphttp://www.wizardsofnos.com/agents.php and look in your area! there is literally hundreds tho, theres bound to be one on your doorstep

300bhp MR2 Turbo

What about Nitrous Solutions in Tilbury? Had a peak at their site yesterday, but wasnt too sure what to look for.

Money situation is even more heartbreaking now, just got a £1,500 bonus at work. The WHOLE LOT is paying off HALF my credit card bill.

Bugga.

Still this time next year..... Ill still be majorly in debt but perhaps a little less!!

If I do get some cash together though Ill be sure to get on to one of you about this.

Is this kit suitable for any car by the way?

yep universal, the kit shown above is for injected cars only, and probably only 4 cylinders (altho it can do straight-6 engines too i think)

if you have a V6/8/12/etc or a carb setup then you will need a different kit, but this can be provided in the group buy too and proportional discounts apply i think, also if you are running individual throttle bodies you will need direct port as you cant just use a single jet anymore, i will be running these, but im gonna adapt my kit later

just a reminder...i need to know who wants this for definite by tomorrow preferably, and il start chasing up money at the weekend, i need it all by next wednesday (25th)!!

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

sorry to be a pain mate but how many people are interested and what the price for 16v biggest bottle??

we have 10, well 9 but il buy 2 kits if we dont get a 10th, there are about 6-10 people still pondering tho, so im trying to chase up interest and see if they are or not

the 11lb kit will be £490 +£16p&p

the kit can be used on ANY car with a common plenham chamber.......so basically every road car, its not restricted to how many cylinders you have.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Out of curiosity, how does this inject the nos, via one injector on the throttle body or via individual injectors for each cylinder?

not going to buy one but wanted to ask a question.

when the nitrous inj is activated does the system add extra fuel in with the nitrous, so as not to run lean? is this what is needed in the settin up phase...to get the balance of n2o and extra fuel right...to go in with the fuel that engine is already putting in? how easy is it to set this up? is it something that would be needed to be done on a RR or just at home?

cheers

Jonboy

yeh the fuel is injected and thats what the setting up is needed for

advice is never free tho, so give us £445 and we will give you the advice and throw in a kit for free :D

lol, good plan Jim

Yes, with a wet kit the fuel is added to the N20 along with the fuel the engine is already injecting.

When setting up you simply check ignition timing, the AF ratio, ny detonation problems and solve it usually with just more fuel to cool the burn. But with higher outputs through N20 cooler plugs with shorter ground straps and retarding the ignition is needed.

Setting up can be done on a RR or at home, mine was setup for 50bhp jets without any metering equipement and rolling road, and its runs sweet as a nut, however sweet a nut is.

My decision is... not now, when you get one of these buys going again then it will be most likely but to get the money i need longer than the 25th

thx well gutted

Volvo S60 T5

Get a sub Box in ya boot fit a dummy sub and hide the n20 bottle!

That was sugested to me the other day...good idea i thought

I wont be doing this organisation again unless 10 people come to me first as its terribly difficult to get people. at the beggining you have twice what you need, then nearer pay day they almost always drop out, leaving you stuck again.

Just the way it goes.

£557.40 after VAT for the 5lb kit, were getting it for £445

plus it comes with the venom injector, were getting the better crossfire one, plus a few other extras thrown in!

You know I would have one jim if I didnt have to pay for repairs!!!!!! (as well as upgrades of standard stuff hehe ;-))