ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nitrous Oxide Group Buy

that would be extra

unneccesary tho as the lines are nylon, and its the braided SS lines that tend to get vapourisation in them! waste of money if you ask me lol

Bumder With A Buffer

Yeah but its the show factor!!! lol

Just outa interest, whats the difference between this kit and the 100i wet kit on the wizard of nos website???

Not a dig or anything a genuine question

BMW 320d Sport

haha a rekindling of interest in gas! Just to throw my tuppennys worth in, if you can wire a stereo with an amp in the boot, youll be able to hook up a nitrous system within a day. And as Ben also says, as long as its set up right, you can run it all day. The gas doesnt come cheap though, I found it a very expensive habit. Not that I want to put anyone off, nitrous is a right laugh and a cause of a great many surprises at the lights.

Bumder With A Buffer

oh also fitting nitrous wouldnt effect any frther mods i wanted done would it?? I mean if i had my car chipped say, would i need to set up the nos again??? Sorry bout the questions!

nope nitrous is completely seperate from the cars stock fuel setup, well a wet kit like the one were getting is!

makes life very easy to work around the nitrous

refils are usually under £2 per lb, so you can refill the 11lb kit for about £20, and that shud last your average person a coupe of weeks or more if they dont go crazy, of course in the first few weeks youll get thru a lot more haha

i sense were getting you more and more interested Richy? il try and get prices on purge kits, theres another guy whos after one too

cheers
JIM

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

just a quick q not really related but can you get the intercooler sprayer kits ??? i.e the ring that u fit infront of an intercooler with a nos bottle that u can spray n20 or c02 on to an intercooler ... ?

make one, a CO2 fire extinguisher and a copper bar with holes drilled in, some pipe and your done.

Quote: Originally posted by richy22 on 11 February 2004

oh also fitting nitrous wouldnt effect any frther mods i wanted done would it?? I mean if i had my car chipped say, would i need to set up the nos again??? Sorry bout the questions!
setting up N20 to its most efficent point isnt hard, but if you change the ignition curve or fueling curve then you will need to slightly adj the jet sizes.

Where do the two solenoids fit? I understand that one goes on the fuel line… but that’s where my understanding ends.

Can someone just explaing the basic installation for me?

Also, how much are the kits again? I live in Manchester, how would I get it ? Come pick it up? Delivered?

Cheers.

Bumder With A Buffer

Quote: Originally posted by jimbo on 11 February 2004

nope nitrous is completely seperate from the cars stock fuel setup, well a wet kit like the one were getting is!

makes life very easy to work around the nitrous

refils are usually under £2 per lb, so you can refill the 11lb kit for about £20, and that shud last your average person a coupe of weeks or more if they dont go crazy, of course in the first few weeks youll get thru a lot more haha

i sense were getting you more and more interested Richy? il try and get prices on purge kits, theres another guy whos after one too

cheers
JIM
yeah im getting more and more interested!!! really want it but just trying to think bout the cost! and insurance really. im 80 % interested, when do you need to know for definate by???

i doubt it very much. diesel cycle and otto cycle are quite different and petrol+NO2 injected in a diesel engine might do a lot of damage IMO.

canQuote: Originally posted by black kro on 12 February 2004
Would they work on a diesel?Serious - a Superchipped and NOS 130 bhp Diesel Clio!

Yup N2O can work well on a diesel from what I remember :) (And of course your wouldnt inject N2O + Petrol lol, youd inject N2O + diesel)

fuel solenoid taps fuel from the fuel line, nitrous solenoid takes nitrous from the bottle, it then gets injected thru the jets into the inlet track when you want it to be, runs into the engine and varrrrrooOOOOMMMMM, you get thrown back in your seat fast and furious stylee lol :D

prices are £445 for 5lb kit and £490 for 11lb kit and then £16 delivery on top, kits can be collected if you really want but delivery is only £16 as stated. not sure on where you would be collecting from either, as i THINK the kits are being shipped direct from supplier rather than thru BenR

i need to know for definite by this time next week really, as im hoping most ppl can pay me via bank transfer/pay money direct into their local branch so i have all moneys cleared before 27th Feb, then the kits will be ordered on 27th, and will be with the buyers asap, hopefuly before the end of that week!

as far as i remember N2O is massively effectiv on diesel engines, think i read it somewhere, il let BenR confirm that, he will know!

I don’t mean to sound nasty, but how do I know I’ll get a kit if I put £500 notes in a strangers bank account.

No offence intended, just a simple question – that’s why I’d rather collect that way it’s COD.

Cheers

2005 Nissan Navara

@ crono33.

The otto cycle isnt just another name for a petrol engine, its a process whereby temperature and pressure differences gives u work done. it also applies to engines that run on diesel fuel.

in theory there is no reason why N2O wouldnt work on a diesel engine. the only thing i can think of is that the N2O will split in2 nitrogen and oxygen sooner, since its critical temperature of 265deg/fah will be reached easier.

stee69...its a fair point, but if you look at BenRs post count you will see hes been around here a fair while!

as for me, il give you my name, address, youll have my bank details, hell il give you my national insurance number and my mothers date of birth if it makes you feel better lol

i aint gonna rip you off, its hard to put across trustworthyness on the internet but i assure you i am

also, as for collecting...i think the kits are gonna be shipped direct from Trev at Won, so they will never come thru my person, thus you can collect if i get it shipped to me, but you cant pay on delivery (advance only), because im not paying some1 elses money up front as i cant afford it if that person then doesnt pay me, see where im coming from? i got made redundant last week lol

thats the best assurance i can offer im afriad, if you think about it its no more dangerous than eBay, as eBay never follow up fraud, its happened to me twice and they never even returned my e-mails!

Bumder With A Buffer

Quote: Originally posted by jimbo on 12 February 2004

fuel solenoid taps fuel from the fuel line, nitrous solenoid takes nitrous from the bottle, it then gets injected thru the jets into the inlet track when you want it to be, runs into the engine and varrrrrooOOOOMMMMM, you get thrown back in your seat fast and furious stylee lol :D

prices are £445 for 5lb kit and £490 for 11lb kit and then £16 delivery on top, kits can be collected if you really want but delivery is only £16 as stated. not sure on where you would be collecting from either, as i THINK the kits are being shipped direct from supplier rather than thru BenR

i need to know for definite by this time next week really, as im hoping most ppl can pay me via bank transfer/pay money direct into their local branch so i have all moneys cleared before 27th Feb, then the kits will be ordered on 27th, and will be with the buyers asap, hopefuly before the end of that week!

as far as i remember N2O is massively effectiv on diesel engines, think i read it somewhere, il let BenR confirm that, he will know!

il let u know asap if im in or not jimbo!!!!!

Yes, N20 can be used in a diesel and its usually gives better results!

Primarily because they dont use a spark ignition system and ignition is by the temps generated on teh compression stroke, before diesel is added under extreemly high pressure. Bonus is that diesels arent limited by detonation as much as petrol engines are, they are built tougher and reliability is better.

well with yourself we will have 12 on the list, 7 have definitely confirmed, 2 were very interested and im expecting them to confrim later this week, and the other 3 are like yourself and still pondering.

ok we now have 9 confirmed and 5 still considering, and ideally about 5 days left to get a 10th person to confirm! any more takers here? this forum has given the largest response so far ;)

cheers guys
JIM

Very Interested,

Was considering engine mods.

hmmm cheaper and easier nitrous oxide.

Ill let you know.

Dont know whether the engine would be happy with that as i dont know how well its doing. judging the spark plugs id say its ok but to be sure before i commit i dont know.

look at the beggining of the post dood!

And how can you tell how the engine is running on god nows how old spark plugs, that are allowed to idle for any period of time. If you gonna read spark plug you HAVE to use new plugs, and you have to run the engine only at teh rpm you intend to read, then switch off the motor......if you want to be anywhere near accurate.

Bumder With A Buffer

ok my mind is almost made up... ive had numerous people tell me to get this kit, but then there are the people that have said bad things like.....

Ur gonna need ur engine rebuilding with uprated stuff b4 fitting this etc etc

Now i know u (BENR) said that as long as it set up correctly u have no worries on nos but these negative things have been playing on my mind.

BenR could u just put my mind at rest pleeeeeaaaaaasssssse???!!!!!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Why is it great deals like this come up when I have NO MONEY!!

Is there any chance another deal like this could be repeated in a couple of months perhaps?

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 16 February 2004Why is it great deals like this come up when I have NO MONEY!!Is there any chance another deal like this could be repeated in a couple of months perhaps?

I second that.

Any extras being bought for resale on a later date?

if i hadnt been made redundant last week i was gonna buy extras, ive got the cash to do it, the problem is i dunno if im gonna have another job when the pay stops from this one! and seeing as i have about 13 days to get a new job lined up its not looking promising

i know that a friend of mine wants a kit but cant afford it for 2-3 months, so he will possibly organise one, i also know of a guy on another forum who organises these direct thru Trev, and does his more often, he just did one recently i beleive, so he shud be doing another in 2 months or so

richy, il just say exactly what ben will...

you dont need to uprate the internals for small shots of nitrous! you could easily run 50 (possibly more) jets on your engine without any trouble as long as the fuelling was perfectly setup for the nitrous!

ben has a 20 year old XR2 engine running 45 jets, hes not changed any of the bottom end and is pushing far more than std power WITHOUT the nitrous. so bear in mind hes then running nitrous on top of that too....hes not had any problems, and im sure he will be along later to tell you the very same :D

dont let people put you off, ive been amazed at some of the bullsh*t ive had posted on this same thread on other forums where ben isnt there to halt it, and guess what? not a single person saying it has EVER run nitrous, setup nitrous or even seen it in the flesh!! if youre interested then dont be put off, myself and ben are making zilch profit from this, im merely doing it to get me a cheap kit, and ben is doing it to help us all out being the generous man he is! so we really have nothing to gain by feeding you sh*t ;)

cheers again guys, keep the questions coming if youre interested :D
JIM

I will setup an group order anytime anybody wants, groups from 2-10 kits get discounts, but the more people, the more discount.

Richy, dont worry mate......you can run 100bhp on N20 without worry, its all about how you introduce it, when and what ignition/fueling your running.

Progressive controllers take care of this, but with smaller jets you dont need them.

IIRC Nick was runnig 100bhp on a std bottom end.

Really, you wont blow anything up as long as you dont fire it at idle (seen people do this doh) or at too low an RPM. N20 is added at a constant rate, thus when rpm is lower, the same amount id divided into alrger amounts, and you get a larger torque rise, too large and it can damage something......but when you set it up and you know how and when to fire it, there is absolutely no problem.

ben is the nitrous safe with other mods i.e. exhaust and indction kit etc...will the standard clutch handle the extra power

yes yes and yes.

its not like F&TF, it doesnt blind you with Gforce, its like a nice progressive pull that makes you happy, and the smell is something else......strawberries i liken it to...odd ones, but still strawberries! lol