ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nick172Cup’s Monaco Blue RenaultSport Clio 172 Progress Blog...

Nick172Cup’s Monaco Blue RenaultSport Clio 172 Progress Blog...

So had this one a few months now, purchased off Budgie as he needed it sold so I decided to keep it in the Failsport family. With myself saving for a deposit for a mortgage I need to sell my fleet of other cars, for a car that had an interior cheap to maintain and run so as always the clio 172 fits the bill perfectly. Mike had the car for roughly 7 months and covered 7.5k miles in it faultlessly, 1500 miles covered going to Le Mans where it was all paint penned up and had many a good laugh in it as the pictures show...

IMG_1471_zpsbc38f3c7.png

IMG_1466_zpscf07e3d4.png

IMG_1467_zps21d122cf.png

IMG_1470_zpsa2297667.png

IMG_1469_zps532525ca.png

IMG_1468_zps6ea8387f.png

Standard Le Mans mad Friday traditions... lol

IMG_1472_zps8c70a80d.png

The car was sold to me without a few parts but here’s the list of bits I did get...

OZ F1’s
Bilsteins
K-Tec Racing ‘recessed’ exhaust system with decat pipe
Goodridge Braided Brake Lines
Alcantara A-pillar trim and handbrake lever

IMG_6687_zps8e575a39.jpg

IMG_6690_zpse0341253.jpg

IMG_6691_zps43474b60.jpg

IMG_6692_zps0992bef5.jpg

Dodgy rear quarter repair...

IMG_6688_zps77e0a04e.jpg

IMG_6689_zpsd9d6b98b.jpg

IMG_6700_zps734615e2.jpg

IMG_6699_zpsa6b1d6b5.jpg

IMG_6698_zpsc218d22e.jpg

So the plans for the car are really to tidy it up a little and make it look a bit more presentable, maintain it and hopefully keep it for the foreseeable! (Unless another bargain Clio comes up for sale that is!) The list is pretty big below but not very exciting, however I have most of it sat in the sat ready to be fitted etc...

Engine –
Aux Belt change with oil/filters/spark plug change.
Fit 182 cat to exhaust.
Remount exhaust with new Powerflex poly mount.Fit better condition engine mounts.
Fit new lambda sensor

Suspension –
Sell Bilsteins (already sold)
Fit standard suspension
Fit EIbach camber bolts

Brakes/Wheels and Tyres –
Fit non Renault OZ F1’s (7J ET37 ) with premium tyres.
Fit EBC Bluestuff pads
Replace brake fluid

Exterior –
Fit bullets
Fit rear bumper strip
Polish headlights

Interior –

Fit 182 seats
Steering wheel retrim
Fit boot carpet
Fit Isofix bar
Fit cruise control setup
Fit hazard switch

Fingers crossed I can get a load of work done this Thursday/Friday coming as I'm not working, and heading down to Cornwall for the weekend so would be nice to make the most of the retrofitted cruise control and comfy suspension!

Cheers
Nick

Audi A5
LOL @ lighting the wheels up at Lemans. I couldn't bring myself to doing that so far from home, I'd be scared of snapping a shaft or something and then being stuck trying to get home.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Plans look good Nick :)

LOL @ lighting the wheels up at Lemans. I couldn't bring myself to doing that so far from home, I'd be scared of snapping a shaft or something and then being stuck trying to get home.

That was me doing the burnout so I wasn't worried about getting home. Budgie asked me to try to break it lol

182cup & 172 racecar
Fkn hell Nick, first time I've seen a list of actually putting things into a car, instead of removing them.:)

Haven't forgotten the 22nd have you.

Fkn hell Nick, first time I've seen a list of actually putting things into a car, instead of removing them.:)

Haven't forgotten the 22nd have you.

Indeed Tony, properly knuckling down currently to build my house deposit up, so no big mods. Even selling the Bilsteins and Roll Centre Kit!

Nope not forgotten about the 22nd, let me know what time I need to be there and the address please. I'll be at Cubs during the day putting his car back together first of all.

Nick