ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NHL Games

Bumder With A Buffer
Anyone played any of these recently on PS3/XBOX etc???

I have seen NHL2K9 on shopto for 5.99 which seems worth a punt for 6 quid!

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO GAMES/PS3NH04-NHL 2K9.html

But what I wanted to ask was if the EA versions are any better??

Take Two do NHL2K10 as well but after reading a few reviews im undecided..

hers a full list of games under NHL from shopto

http://www.shopto.net/SEARCH/HTML/

Im quite tempted by NHL 08 from EA imstead.

NHL 10 is the pinnacle of hockey games, it's finally replaced NHL 93 for me as my hockey game of choice. It's the best sports title I've played in years, I now exclusively play in Be A Pro mode (where you just control yourself), it works brilliantly and feels far more natural.

NHL 09 is also good, that's when they finally started nailing it again after all these years. Due to low sales in this country and it's popularity amongst the few that do have it they rarely drop in price though.

Bumder With A Buffer
£38 quid for NHL10 :(

Im being tight!

Whats NHL 09 or 08 like?? Im guessing none of you liked the take 2 versions over EA???

Bumder With A Buffer
Also what the hell was the name of the NHL player who had some games out in the early 90's?? Wayne someone is all I remember!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I've got 09 as I only have a lowly ps2 and had my first go on it the other day, was good fun.

Need to try out all the other modes though.

Bumder With A Buffer
I swear there was a wayne gretzky game on megadrive seems not though.

It was for the N64 not megadrive.

I remember playing one NHL game and I used to put the Prodigy Experience Album on my radio and play with that..It used to be awesome listeneing to that and playing NHL at the same time...I think I was smoking "substances" at the time though.

Mini Cooper
Think i got mine from CEX for £30
The good thing about 10 is you get roster updates every other week which keeps it up to date.

Bumder With A Buffer
Well I went against all advice and ordered NHL2K9 for 5.99...Need to keep my eye out for NHL 10 when Im out and about.

Might even take a few games to trade in so I can get it for nothing.

Bumder With A Buffer
Lol +2

but you say that cookie I was looking at getting an NFL game too.

U must have one being a fan???? Any thoughts???

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've been meaning to buy it for ages actually! How is the Be A Pro mode? (That's all I tended to play in the previous versions)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I got it at Christmas but only had a handful of goes.

First time I've really played an NHL game since 93/94 or so, little bit more complex on the controls now than back then (I know you can opt for '94 controls but you lose out on quite a bit) :p

Only had a couple of one off matches first against the computer and then a couple online, I suck.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
yh me and a mate had a few games on the demo, wernt really that high scoring but i spose the more you play it the better you become

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
I've been meaning to buy it for ages actually! How is the Be A Pro mode? (That's all I tended to play in the previous versions)

Its class. You can play in the lower leagues, e.g OHL, CHL then get picked for AHL, NHL team. As a massive barrie colts fans from the OHL I am playing for them and hoping to get drafted by the Red Wings hahaha taking it to serious.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Its class. You can play in the lower leagues, e.g OHL, CHL then get picked for AHL, NHL team. As a massive barrie colts fans from the OHL I am playing for them and hoping to get drafted by the Red Wings hahaha taking it to serious.

I picked it up on Monday finally. Loving it so far