ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Computer Gaming?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
you could save £20 on the ram if you wanted as games only require 4GB and get a better keyboard/mouse

MK2 Clio
you could save £20 on the ram if you wanted as games only require 4GB and get a better keyboard/mouse
Yeah but I would like to use it for uni at the same time, so I thought I might as well get more ram now, rather than in the future, I know I need a gaming mouse but is there really any greatness in a keyboard?

MK2 Clio
HI,
Thought I'd post my final build:
I7 960 processor
6gb Ram
Mobo With 7.1 sound and a load of other stuff I won't use
650w Antec Truepower PSU - Highly recommended on net
2.5 sata hd saved from my old laptop I sold on ebay for £200 and ended up with the £200 and laptop
GTX 560 graphics card
Gaming Case - carried over from server use
2x 22" monitors
Windows 7

Surely it's worth sticking a 32MB cache Samsung F3 in there? Seems a shame to go all this expensive and effort just to stick your OS on what is probably a 5400 RPM drive! (I say F3, but I've not been following guru3d religiously this year so no idea if something better has come along)

Monaro VXR
Surely it's worth sticking a 32MB cache Samsung F3 in there? Seems a shame to go all this expensive and effort just to stick your OS on what is probably a 5400 RPM drive! (I say F3, but I've not been following guru3d religiously this year so no idea if something better has come along)

Have you seen the price of Hard drives at the moment? That's a good reason not to put one in.

HI,
Thought I'd post my final build:
I7 960 processor
6gb Ram
Mobo With 7.1 sound and a load of other stuff I won't use
650w Antec Truepower PSU - Highly recommended on net
2.5 sata hd saved from my old laptop I sold on ebay for £200 and ended up with the £200 and laptop
GTX 560 graphics card
Gaming Case - carried over from server use
2x 22" monitors
Windows 7

Personally I'd have gone for a cheaper processor and a faster GPU but that's just me. What you have there will do fine and I guess the GPU is easier to upgrade at a later date.

MK2 Clio
I intend on getting a better HD, the benefit of using a 2.5 for now means I don't have to waste 3x as much when I can just wait a while.
Personally I'd have gone for a cheaper processor and a faster GPU but that's just me. What you have there will do fine and I guess the GPU is easier to upgrade at a later date.
I think the 560 will be enough for now, but it is cheaper to buy a £100 graphics card and upgrade later than buying a new processor which could mean new motherboard which could mean... and ...

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
I can source WD 2TB 7200rpm hard drives for £90 if you want, they retail for £160 at the moment!

MK2 Clio
I would love to mate, but unfortunately I kind of went over budget, I started wanting to spend 300 and have now spent a lot more, So I will need to save for a while first :(

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
I would love to mate, but unfortunately I kind of went over budget, I started wanting to spend 300 and have now spent a lot more, So I will need to save for a while first :(

Unlucky, I just spent £400 on a liquid cooling system, in the post atm.

SO EXCITED (sad isn't it?)

MK2 Clio
Unlucky, I just spent £400 on a liquid cooling system, in the post atm.

SO EXCITED (sad isn't it?)

I would love a liquid cooling system, although I would want to the build it into a desk like here:

Computer-In-Desk.jpg

but I'm a long way off that...

Have you seen the price of Hard drives at the moment? That's a good reason not to put one in.

Just had a look on novatech and err wow. 500GB F3: £99. Ninety nine pounds. I paid £40 2 months ago.

Totally right, must've missed fudzilla's inevitable anti-HDD-manufacture rant.