ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nexus 5X/6P Android Marshmallow

Definatly not going for the 5X now, I don't see it offering anymore than my 5. Its more expensive than the Moto X too which is pretty decent phone in its own right.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
That's the old one. Probably be cheaper on Google store once the 6x is released
you get 81 quid in points to use before the end of the month ;) 64gb aswell. seems like the phone to buy other than buying the new one i think

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
I'm good thanks lol. Not a bad deal, but will wait for some reviews and see how it gets rated.
aye me too .. im out of c ontract and need something better than the s4. so tempted by the nexus 6 at the price of 350 ( plus 81 quid credit )

Skoda Fabia vRS
wish the 5x had the specs of 6p, the 6p is just too big for me, same goes for the OnePlus2

ive ordered the 5x anyway as im on a 4 which doesn't have enough storage and has a terrible battery, if I had a 5 though already I wouldn't have bothered

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
My old man had his 5X delivered yesterday so I've been having a play with it. Very impressed by it so far. Just waiting to see what battery life is like after a full days use.
Camera is much quicker than my 5, and quality is better too.
I love the fingerprint scanner to wake the phone. Its instant and is perfectly placed.

I'm tempted to get one myself, but I want to feel how big the 6P is first. I like the idea of a large phone, but it just depends if my girls hands could cope with one.

Anyone been into a carphonewarehouse recently and know if they have the 6 instore on display?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I went into CPW the other day and they had nothing in.
I'm due an early upgrade on 4th Nov which is my first day off after my next shift. I doubt I'll get in during my shift in work to have a look at one yet he kept telling me to Pre order and pay a £23 fee so it guarantees me a phone even though I can't get it before my free upgrade day. They are only doing 32gb which I don't think will be an issue for me.
Might to to o2 and see what prices they can do one for.

I went into CPW the other day and they had nothing in.
I'm due an early upgrade on 4th Nov which is my first day off after my next shift. I doubt I'll get in during my shift in work to have a look at one yet he kept telling me to Pre order and pay a £23 fee so it guarantees me a phone even though I can't get it before my free upgrade day. They are only doing 32gb which I don't think will be an issue for me.
Might to to o2 and see what prices they can do one for.

I got a good deal from o2 on mobiles.co.uk - £39 p/m for 10gb data and unlimited mins/texts.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Read that earlier today. Looking forward to mine arriving.

Will have to keep an eye on the screen burn he mentioned though.
Yours should be with you for the weekend shouldn't it? Hopefully you'll get it delivered on release day.

I have a very minimal home screen anyway so hopefully it won't be that bad on mine.
I imagine if you have a billion icons it could be an issue.
Nova launcher pro will be the first thing installed and then I'll use gestures for the main apps I use.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yours should be with you for the weekend shouldn't it? Hopefully you'll get it delivered on release day.

I have a very minimal home screen anyway so hopefully it won't be that bad on mine.
I imagine if you have a billion icons it could be an issue.
Nova launcher pro will be the first thing installed and then I'll use gestures for the main apps I use.

Just got this
Screenshot_20151027-114741.png

Had a quick look at my dads partners 5x this weekend. The fingerprint scanner works great, clear screen and the phone felt light to carry. I didn't use it enough to notice any differences between lollipop and marshmellow. Good phone for the price but there may be better / cheaper alternatives these days.

Skoda Fabia vRS
Sweet. Look forward to a review.
Counting down the days in work...

@BRUN what'd the 5x like?
is nice and light, ive barely used it yet tbh as I was waiting on my screen protector arriving, and ive now realised its a nano sim so waiting for my replacement sim card

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Read that earlier today. Looking forward to mine arriving.

Will have to keep an eye on the screen burn he mentioned though.

Screen burn is such a non issue. There were plenty of complains with the Nexus 6 having burn in too.

Does it have burn-in? Yes
Do I ever notice it? Only if I use this - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tinyroar.amoledburninfix&hl=en_GB
Has it got worse over the last year - Nope

So mild I wouldn't even worry, benefits of AMOLED are much greater.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like I'll have to wait a bit for mine unless I finish work early as I've been told I'm staying on shift for another week. I'll have to make sure I've got a micro sim ready then. Should just be a case of o2 swapping numbers over though I think, a relatively easy job...

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Going to be ordering myself a 6P to replace my 6. Can't wait tbh but want to see them in store first as I'm undecided on black vs silver.

I feel like the black will make it just look plastic and cheap

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Well first thoughts are, the screen in no where near as white as my N5. With both turned up to full brightness you can see the difference clearly, more of a yellow tinge to it.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The cases have a hole in the back.

Talking of cases, has anyone seen a decent one for the 6P?

I have the Rearth Ringke Fusion case on my N5 and it's really nice to hold, they don't seem to have one for the 6P yet...

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
With the 6P, have you tried enabling SRGB mode in the developers options?

Yeah, no difference at all. It must just be the difference between my N5's lcd screen and the 6P's AMOLED.

It's not a problem though, it's just something i noticed when comparing side by side.

The adaptive brightness on the 6P likes to dim the screen right down too, so i've turned that off for now.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
The display on the N6 had a terrible yellow tinge to it out of the box. Custom kernel and colour control allows you to adjust it correctly.

Sure something similar will be available in due course.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
One thing I'm really enjoying about Marshmallow is the fact you can change the quick settings around. Well if you enable developer options and then enable System UI Tuner.

Does anyone else increase the speed of window transitions too? Makes the phone feel much snappier.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The 6p looks superb I must say. Very impressed, much better that initial thoughts, looked like a periscope originally.

Mkbhd...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not surprised, sounds rather tasty and the reason I avoided other phones was the camera, they're slowly improving. Seems like they perfected the 6 which is what everyone wanted.