ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nexus 5X/6P Android Marshmallow

Google will officially announce the 5X/5P and Android Marshmallow on September 29th.

There has of course been many leaked pics and specs, mainly of the 5X.

5X is being made by LG and the 5P by Huawei.

The specs of the 5X are as follows (listed on Amazon then removed so these could be fake, but look to match whats already been leaked)

Display
5.2-inch IPS LCD (1920x1080, 423ppi)
OS Android v6 Marshmallow
Processor 1.8Ghz Snapdragon 808 processor (MSM8992)
Camera 12.3MP rear camera; 5MP front camera
Battery 2700mAh
RAM 2GB
Storage 16GB
SIM Nano
Dimensions 154 x 10 x 76mm, 177g
Model LG-H791
Colors Quartz White, Ice Blue, and Charcoal Black
Included Phone, charger, earphones, quick start guide

5X leaked pic (finger print sensor on rear)

Screen-Shot-2015-09-23-at-10.13.17-AM-399x438.png

5P leaked rear pic

nexus2cee_wm_6p-2-728x441.png

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Small battery.
Any specs on the 5P or are they going to be similar.
My Nexus 5 is dying now and my contract ends in November. I'm going to see how close I am to getting a OPT before I go and get another contract I think but if I go the contract route it will be for this or possibly the G4.
I've not seen anything of Marshmallow yet.

2014 Focus Titanium
Seeing the specs of those made me really pleased with my Huawei Honor 7 purchase, I thought I might regret it on seeing the Nexus 5x release, but I'm happy with that!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Small battery.
Any specs on the 5P or are they going to be similar.
My Nexus 5 is dying now and my contract ends in November. I'm going to see how close I am to getting a OPT before I go and get another contract I think but if I go the contract route it will be for this or possibly the G4.
I've not seen anything of Marshmallow yet.
Dying in what way mate? Mines as good as it was on day of purchase, as is the Mrs'

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Dying in what way mate? Mines as good as it was on day of purchase, as is the Mrs'
Keeps slowing down lots. I've cleared cache, reset phone etc and no better.
Completely crashed the other day. Took ages to turn off.
Restarted it yesterday and had a 30% drop of battery when I turned it back on

c264a593551b0d6df05ea06078167bb9.jpg

I'm hoping looking at the specs that the 5X will follow in the 5's cheaper price. The 6 was a big jump in price.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm not as impressive as I had hoped. My Note4 kinda embarrasses it and it's a year old now, long time in the phone world.

No idea what I'll get next!

2014 Focus Titanium
Hmmm not as impressive as I had hoped. My Note4 kinda embarrasses it and it's a year old now, long time in the phone world.

No idea what I'll get next!

Phones are getting to the stage now where we're almost upgrading for the sake of it! So many good phones out nowadays though, it's a case of take your pick and enjoy!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The P might be an option I think. The specs of the S aren't as good but it's a perfect size for a phone..

So as I've got a nexus 5 which is was/am very pleased with, and the price point suits outright purchase/SIM only within what I can justify, what would people replace it with?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
They started with the phones at 5. Not sure how long they talked about them but I got up to the camera on the 6 and then my stream died.

I think from the short bit I watched, the 6 is looking like the one to get

4gb ram right?

I need to get on invite list!!

Yeah, and 64gb storage :smile:

Screen is lower PPI on the OPT, but still in the 400's, and it's an older 808 CPU on the 5x, while the OPT has an 810.

Granted, there's a few bugs in the ROM used, my contacts won't import to the car, and I can't get my OTG cable working, but otherwise solid now!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, and 64gb storage :smile:

Screen is lower PPI on the OPT, but still in the 400's, and it's an older 808 CPU on the 5x, while the OPT has an 810.

Granted, there's a few bugs in the ROM used, my contacts won't import to the car, and I can't get my OTG cable working, but otherwise solid now!

I'm assuming that those will be fairly quick bug fixes that are pushed through?

I need to check where I am in the queue for the OPT

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Aye mine is still mint too.

I did have the first Developer Preview of Marshmallow on it, ran perfectly apart from some apps wouldn't work but that was to be expected in a beta.