ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nexus 5X/6P Android Marshmallow

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Ordered a 5X for Christmas. Should be impressive coming from a 5 odd year old Desire HD lol.

Hopefully it will last a good while.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else with a 6P not use the charger and cable that comes with it?

I'm using a longer USB A - C cable and I have plug sockets with USB ports on so use that. It rapid charges still but when it gets to 100% it stops charging. I know its supposed to drain to 95% and then back up rather than trickle charge but it doesn't come back on. It just drains so I start the day with 80%

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else with a 6P not use the charger and cable that comes with it?

I'm using a longer USB A - C cable and I have plug sockets with USB ports on so use that. It rapid charges still but when it gets to 100% it stops charging. I know its supposed to drain to 95% and then back up rather than trickle charge but it doesn't come back on. It just drains so I start the day with 80%

Further to this I've noticed that it actually stops charging when it hits 85%. It's pretty odd but I've still not tried it with the standard charger. Bit annoying really as I don't want to use a proper wall plug for it.

So hows everyone finding the 5x? Was considering a Samsung S6 but still drawn in by a new Nexus! Is the software capable enough?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Anyone got a Nexus 6P, how you finding it?
My LG G4 ROM s**t itself last night so need a new phone.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Love my 6P. Best built Nexus I've owned and I've had the 4, 5, 6 and 6P. Finger print scanner is in a great place and is really quick. Power button and volume switches are great and tactile. Screen is nice, battery life is great, usb C is awesome and makes throwing it on charge so much easier when I get into bed in the dark.

Not much else to say really, it's just like every stock Android experience but better built and snappier.

copied and pasted from the other thread.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I may change my N4 early and get a 6p! Hmmmm! Where was it at 399?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I may change my N4 early and get a 6p! Hmmmm! Where was it at 399?

No idea but did I ever tell you mine cost me -£60 to upgrade to from the 6?

Issues with the 6 with build quality. Would have been my 4th replacement in < 1 year. She said it's out of refund period but I have a great chance of them accepting it. I got £560 refunded, bought the same storage capacity 6P as I did my 6 for £499.

f**king winner.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
£399 that's cheap!

Still £449 everywhere i've seen it.

Battery life is great, leave the house on 100% and come back home with over 40% usually. That's with fairly heavy use.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm surprised about the 6, I thought build quality was a big thing for them. Like the 5 for eg. My N4 has been flawless. They also don't sell the Note 5 in Britain.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
So couldn't stand borrowing an Iphone 5s for just 1 day so ordered a 6p. Loving it so far, great to use and the screen is superb! Battery life seems decent for now, will see how it is in a months time.

Was going to buy Samsung S6, but having looked at the 5X I think I'm sold as its just about the biggest size I would want. Also - if you buy at the moment you get £20 Google Play credit and a Chromecast chucked in for free.

Anyone know of a nice slim case?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Any 6p users have any dust in their lens? Noticed some recently and I it's showing up on the picture. Hopefully this isn't a bit issue with Hawai's phones.

Bottom center.

IMG_20160628_172916.jpg