ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Generation Consoles

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Yep they should of just called it the xbox 720, its ridiculous tbh ... running at the same resolution as 8-10 year old consoles:S What is wrong with the machine, why can't it match the PS4? is it solely down to a Ram issue or are they having a hard time coding for it ? I am genuinely interested & not taking the Piss!

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Still early days. All these games were in late stages of dev before the xbox was even released. Wait until the end of the year and then see which titles look better on which console.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
So using your theory, both consoles should produce better games.
Still gives the ps4 an advantage then, plus it's supposed to be easier to code for, making it (apparently) the preferred console for developers.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I only buy sony as I wear console blinkers, but it makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

bit like car ownership tbh, I always buy clios, lol!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I was a PS3 man for years. It took my friends ages to get me to switch to a 360. So as you can imagen the next gen was a tough choice. I'm glad I chose the PS4 though.

clio 16v
I weighed up the resolution issues before buying the Xbone and decided I'd rather have the Xbox controller and suffer 720p that have 1080p and suffer the ps4 controller.

Down to personal preference I guess. Apparently developers haven't yet used the ESRAM on the Xbox to full effect hence why it's lagging behind

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
I weighed up the resolution issues before buying the Xbone and decided I'd rather have the Xbox controller and suffer 720p that have 1080p and suffer the ps4 controller.

Down to personal preference I guess. Apparently developers haven't yet used the ESRAM on the Xbox to full effect hence why it's lagging behind
I prefer the ps4 controller to the xbox one one, they didn't really change the controller to improve it with the one. The ps4 on the other hand has a next gen controller, lights, speaker, touch pad, and improved the sticks and triggers, it's now the better controller.

clio 16v
I prefer the ps4 controller to the xbox one one, they didn't really change the controller to improve it with the one. The ps4 on the other hand has a next gen controller, lights, speaker, touch pad, and improved the sticks and triggers, it's now the better controller.

In your opinion it's the better controller. Like I said it's down to personal preference. I don't like the way the sticks are located next to each other on the ps4 controller.

Also don't take my post as me being a fanboi. The resolution stuff is a let down admittedly, all I'm saying is that the Xbox is expected to catch up. Much as the ps3 had to last gen

Mini JCW
^ Yes but the PS3 was technologically superior (though admittedly FAR too complex with it's CELL architecture) - this time the XBone is inferior in terms of specs - so catching up is less likely.

IMO.

dk

911 GTS Cab
In your opinion it's the better controller. Like I said it's down to personal preference. I don't like the way the sticks are located next to each other on the ps4 controller.

Also don't take my post as me being a fanboi. The resolution stuff is a let down admittedly, all I'm saying is that the Xbox is expected to catch up. Much as the ps3 had to last gen
Is it though? I've not seen anything to suggest it will.

i am regretting buying mine now tbh, if I was looking to buy one at this stage it would 100% be the ps4, no question.

clio 16v

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Would an independent scotland choose ps4 or an xbox?

I think they would be difficult and choose the wii U.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've gone back to the PS3 for the time being.
Battlefield is pissing me off. I'm waiting for Rayman and MGS to turn up.
With having PS+ I have just downloaded Borderlands 2, Bioshock infinite , little big planet racing, Metro Last light and XCOM enemy unknown for free.
There is also Uncharted 3 on there too but I've already finished that.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Going back to controllers. I hated the PS3 controller. The PS4 is actually quite nice. The Xbox does still edge it though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've never been bothered about the size of the ps3 controller, although the ps4 is so much better.
Never got on with the xbox one though. Just didn't feel right, felt too bulky.

Mito Sportiva 135
I've gone back to the PS3 for the time being.
Battlefield is pissing me off. I'm waiting for Rayman and MGS to turn up.
With having PS+ I have just downloaded Borderlands 2, Bioshock infinite , little big planet racing, Metro Last light and XCOM enemy unknown for free.
There is also Uncharted 3 on there too but I've already finished that.

The games you get on PS+ are so much better than on Gold. This month we got Toy Soldiers: Cold War....not exactly an AAA title!

Revels Mum & Sister
Depends though... Personally when you are playing a game it is hard to really notice the difference. Only when you stop and stare.

For me the XBO fits my needs all round. Hence I bought one. I was not naive enough however to realise what MS and Sony spouted was not going to happen straight away. Looking forward to Titanfall, have been rinsing the BETA and it has been fun :)

I will pick up a PS4 when some decent PS4 only titles come out for sure.

So the next big multi platform game to announce its credentials on both consoles is MGS.

XBOX One - 60 FPS + 720p
PS4 - 60 FPS + 1080p

is there a pattern emerging here?

No doubt the xbox fanboys will come out with the same b****cks as per usual, but yet again the PS4 seems to be the one to own.

Nippy white cup
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/450190/thief-runs-at-1080p-on-ps4-but-900p-on-xbox-one/

This is interesting....both running 30fps this time but the difference again being 1080p on ps4 and 900p on xbox. IMO its all pub talk. Most people wouldn't notice the difference unless really scrutinising it on a large screen and even differences in fps isn't obvious unless side by side. It is always nice to be able to say my console/car/pc or whatever is faster or more powerful but for me if you are happy with what you have then there really isn't an issue

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The annoying thing is that the Xbox One can handle 1080p. The more annoying thing is that - generally - developers currently haven't got time to adapt their engines to jump through the hoops necessary to make it happen. The eSRAM is great and extremely efficient if programmed correctly, but a PITA otherwise (IMO). Sony pulled a blinder by announcing late-on that they were doubling their RAM and using GDDR5 throughout; it really caught Microsoft out (and many dev's who were working on the assumption that they were only getting half the amount of RAM!) A larger eSRAM pool would help to some degree, but it would up the cost of the base system. Whilst new features are available in the API that allow for efficient use of the eSRAM unit in the Xbox One, it means a change in how game data / assets are stored and presented to the GPU. This new 'tiling' methodology (DirectX 11.2+) is a good thing but it means the developers need to revisit their core engines and effectively handle tiled resources differently, whilst effectively managing the low level page tables, streaming, allocations, etc. that are usually carried out transparently (to some degree) by the API.

Mini JCW
They really need some stellar titles and developers using the ESRAM to close the gap on Sony.

I know a lot of people who have the XBOne who are getting a PS4 at some point this year, but those with PS4s seem happy with the one console.

I think Titanfall will end up being a bit basic and not have the longevity of BF4 etc and not score well.

dk

911 GTS Cab
A price cut happened weeks ago with zavvi it had to happen as sony are kicking microsofts arse, sold loads more consoles and getting bad press because the games aren't up to scratch, they are getting desperate.

this is a kick in the teeth for early adopters though, less kit for more money.

this is a kick in the teeth for early adopters though, less kit for more money.

The only difference with this and the early adopters day one's is the extra 3 month live subscription.
Day ones still got a choice between two games.

Quite surprised they didn't bundle the fancy Titanfall controller into this though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
It's one month live I believe, and it's still nearly 10% cheaper! and there wasn't really a choice of game at launch, I could only get FIFA, I couldn't get the one I wanted which was forza, I haven't even used the FIFA code yet as I don't like football.

All my my measly day one has is a stupid tiny logo on the controller, whoopdeefuckingdoo

It's one month live I believe, and it's still nearly 10% cheaper! and there wasn't really a choice of game at launch, I could only get FIFA, I couldn't get the one I wanted which was forza, I haven't even used the FIFA code yet as I don't like football.

All my my measly day one has is a stupid tiny logo on the controller, whoopdeef**kingdoo

Apologise, so it is one month's worth of live... crappy!

Might end up just flogging my day one. It's been PS4 all the way for me atm - coming from a 360 as well.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Not when I've spent a lot of money on a box I'm not impressed with, no.

and yet I can't say anything other than good things about the ps4

like I said, hopefully the one will improve over time

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Both have had considerable price drops already - the PS4 is £330 at gamestop!

Thing Is this and the Zavvi deal are not official price drops just them cutting their prices to try beat competition, afaik Sony have not announced any price drop and are still selling for £350 on Amazon with the Xboxone now £399 after an official Microsoft price drop after just 3 months after release. Imo they should of just charged £400 in the 1st place rather than being greedy.

AK

M240i
Thing Is this and the Zavvi deal are not official price drops just them cutting their prices to try beat competition, afaik Sony have not announced any price drop and are still selling for £350 on Amazon with the Xboxone now £399 after an official Microsoft price drop after just 3 months after release. Imo they should of just charged £400 in the 1st place rather than being greedy.

Blinkers are usual.

If they had just charged £400 as you suggested then people would still have had to purchase FIFA, a game which was supplied free, with an RRP of anything between £40-£50.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Blinkers are usual.

If they had just charged £400 as you suggested then people would still have had to purchase FIFA, a game which was supplied free, with an RRP of anything between £40-£50.
And what about people such as myself who didn't want FIFA? I was forced to pay for it in effect, when I haven't even used the code yet as I'm not interested, and the forza packs were like hens teeth.

The ps4 is still selling very well and stock is still in shortage, sony say they should be on top of stock by about April time.

So while supply is outstripping demand, we'll not see a price drop when it's already still cheaper then the reduced xbox.

And as said, the gamestop price is just a competitive reduction between retailers.

edit:
in the us the stock is so short that people are selling them for more money than the Xbox one lol

http://www.inquisitr.com/1150187/pl...s4-matches-the-xbox-one-price-on-amazon-ebay/

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Blinkers are usual.

No blinkers here just say it how it is;)

No you misunderstand me, they should of just sold the day one launch consoles with a game for £400 much like they are doing now with Titanfall , better still they should of at least matched the Playstation price and make it seem more appealing to those who don't know better:p

I do think £400 is a better price considering they force you to have a camera then chuck in a free game and it will probably help them shift more units but I doubt it will catch up anytime soon.