ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Generation Consoles

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
It is just a port. If you think otherwise you just went full r****d.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So I've just flicked through a lot of this thread after buying an XBo. I played both before I went out and actually bought one, found the PS4 to be good but a bit "meh". Where as the xbox actually impressed me, that and more friends have an Xbox so chances are I'll spend more time playing it.

Anyway, looking through this thread... are people actually arguing over what the best console is? Surely we all know by now, the best one is the one all your mates play, because gameplay is enhanced 10 fold when you're dicking around with friends. Leave the house and stop wanking over fps.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyway, looking through this thread... are people actually arguing over what the best console is? Surely we all know by now, the best one is the one all your mates play, because gameplay is enhanced 10 fold when you're dicking around with friends. Leave the house and stop w**king over fps.

This... end of.

dk

911 GTS Cab
end of what?

shouldn't you two be out the house rather than commenting in here?

Personally I'm not a big fan of online gaming, i prefer the single player game, so for me, that part is important, not how many knob heads i can get in a game (and there are a lot of knob heads online)

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
end of what?

End of argument/discussion/question. Let's face it, anything anyone ever says about which one is best is voicing a personal opinion. It will never have a final answer.
What Jason said is right, why buy a PS4 if all your mates play the Xbox? So for that person the best console is the Xbox.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Oh I fully agree that you should but the console the majority of your mates have if you love online gaming, but not everyone does love online gaming and some people have an equal number of mates with each etc.

so discussing which one is better is a valid conversation, and there are always going to be comparisons made, especially when multiformat games come out.

the ms boys had a good laugh for the first few years of the 360 vs ps3 debate, and now it's the other way around and they get all defensive that their console isn't underpowered.

i have both, I had both the previous consoles too, that enables me to purchase games on the best platform at the time, and at the moment the only reason to buy a game on xbox one at the moment is if it's an exclusive, or contains exclusive dlc, but then again a that's normally aimed at online gamers, which I'm not a massive fan of.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My point, although somewhat diluted in here, is that arguing this early on over pixels and all this crap is just a waste of time. IMO.

And yeah, everyones seen the video. Its on youtube for you all to LOL at thats why I put it there, man up. Just because I bought the console you dont like with my money? lolz

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
We live in a free country, there is no reason as to why you cant just buy one, wait a bit, and buy another. Or if you're total baller/ sad b*****d (Delete where applicable) buy both. Why does there need to be such bitter arguments. This has always puzzled me. Fair enough discuss the pro's and cons, but there are people getting really riled up in here and its hilarious!

Mini JCW
Last edited by a moderator:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Oh boy... that difference in framerate between PS4 and Xbox One is very misleading. If it looked that bad at gameplay speeds it wouldn't pass certification! LOL! At actual game speed it isn't so bad. Rock steady on Xbox One at 30fps across the board and a little bit up and down on the PS4. Would be interesting to see what framerates would be achieved on Xbox One if it wasn't locked to 30fps. Being so stable leads me to think it wouldn't be so far behind the PS4 (although I wouldn't expect it to maintain anywhere near a solid 60fps).

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Oh boy... that difference in framerate between PS4 and Xbox One is very misleading. If it looked that bad at gameplay speeds it wouldn't pass certification! LOL! At actual game speed it isn't so bad. Rock steady on Xbox One at 30fps across the board and a little bit up and down on the PS4. Would be interesting to see what framerates would be achieved on Xbox One if it wasn't locked to 30fps. Being so stable leads me to think it wouldn't be so far behind the PS4 (although I wouldn't expect it to maintain anywhere near a solid 60fps).

I'm watching that on my iPhone but I honestly can't see a difference in framerate, the graphics look a little crisper on the XBO though.

Will check the vid out on the iMac tomorrow.

Monaro VXR
Odd as even the PC version looks jittery compared to the PS4 lol.

That PC comparison if you pause it at points shows some rather big differences. Notice they are using an overall darker look to hide the lower detail textures in the PS4. World Geometry isn't as good, look at mountains in the distance for instance. Which also leads onto the use of heavier fog to mask the lower textures and geometry again.

It's quite clear the PC version is still very much ahead, just it loses out on the newer particle effects and the newer Lara model. Still though, no reason they could not have given those to the PC crowd as a patch...but then they wouldn't be able to charge £45+ for the xbox one and PS4 versions. While many of us picked up the PC version for £5 or so.

Either way, it was a good game and these minor differences aren't going to be noticeable during play. Once you are immersed into the game you stop noticing these small details as you get too focused on what you're trying to achieve. So minor graphical issues make no difference.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
I'm watching that on my iPhone but I honestly can't see a difference in framerate, the graphics look a little crisper on the XBO though.

Will check the vid out on the iMac tomorrow.

Maybe it is because youtube only displays footage @30fps that's why they looks the same , side by side irl would be a different story I imagine:)

On my macbook I can't tell much of a difference.

On the VT65 - I can.

As above ;):p

That PC comparison if you pause it at points shows some rather big differences. Notice they are using an overall darker look to hide the lower detail textures in the PS4. World Geometry isn't as good, look at mountains in the distance for instance. Which also leads onto the use of heavier fog to mask the lower textures and geometry again.

It's quite clear the PC version is still very much ahead, just it loses out on the newer particle effects and the newer Lara model. Still though, no reason they could not have given those to the PC crowd as a patch...but then they wouldn't be able to charge £45+ for the xbox one and PS4 versions. While many of us picked up the PC version for £5 or so.

Either way, it was a good game and these minor differences aren't going to be noticeable during play. Once you are immersed into the game you stop noticing these small details as you get too focused on what you're trying to achieve. So minor graphical issues make no difference.

I personally prefer the look of the console game when it comes to colours, going by that vid to me it seems the PC version isn't as dynamic... I noticed this when looking at the explosions and fire where on console they look correct to me but on PC seem a bit washed out ( fire looks almost white etc ) but it is a case of give and take as both have advantages and they all look stunning really:)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
PMSL @ this.

Last time I checked it was give a f*ck.

That made about as much sense as arguing about which console is the best. You're only trying to convince yourselves. Arguing isn't going to change anything about how someone else feels about it. If you pay your money and enjoy what you've bought, get on it. If you don't, get something else.

AK

M240i
PMSL @ this.

Last time I checked it was give a f*ck.

That made about as much sense as arguing about which console is the best. You're only trying to convince yourselves. Arguing isn't going to change anything about how someone else feels about it. If you pay your money and enjoy what you've bought, get on it. If you don't, get something else.

Xbox is better IIRC.

The light on the front shines brighter.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Xbox is better IIRC.

The light on the front shines brighter.

Brighter light must mean the PS4 is better energy saving though. Could save around 1p a year.

I'm enjoying the XBO. It has some flaws and party chat needs to be kicked in the knackers hard, but the social side of it is great when it's working and not kicking people out of games etc. :clown:

I'll be buying a PS4 eventually, but I genuinely struggle working out why it's so hostile. It's like a football club rivalry, but on a much greater scale.

107 Track Car & C4
I really can't decide on which console to get, I did want to get a PS4 for Gran Turismo, but it looks like it'll be ages until it comes out! Forza looks really good, but that lack of tracks are putting me off :(

Are there any pro's and con's to either console from somebody that has used or got both?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I really can't decide on which console to get, I did want to get a PS4 for Gran Turismo, but it looks like it'll be ages until it comes out! Forza looks really good, but that lack of tracks are putting me off :(

Are there any pro's and con's to either console from somebody that has used or got both?
Unless you are absolutely desperate to get a console right now, I would give it a few months more and wait until there are more games available. It might make your decision a bit easier, too.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Tbh, apart from the very occasional play on Forza, I'm hardly using my XBO due to lack of games.

Mito Sportiva 135
I was desperate to buy a One before the consoles were properly announced, then when they were reviewed I thought I'd get a PS4. But now I've waited a bit I've decided to leave it a good few months if not until next Xmas before choosing - Dark Souls 2 is on it's way so hopefully I get on better with this one and then loads of other 360 games I still want to play. I could play BF4 and X-Com for years to come very happily!

107 Track Car & C4
I think I will go for a PS4 in the end, but I will leave it a couple of months and see what games are out.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Just to echo what has been said , waiting is no bad thing!

I have also had a PS4 since release day and between that and the PS3 I would say the amount playtime spent on the 2 is split like this for me PS4 20% PS3 80%. I have a few games for the PS4 ( Kz, Cod , Resogun, contrast and now Outlast ) Cod takes up most of my PS4 playtime and have recently started playing Outlast which I am really enjoying. It definitely needs a bigger variety of games to play but some good ones are on the way this year like MGS V , Final Fantasy 14, Driveclub , Watchdogs , Destiny , The order 1886, Alien invasion etc etc BUT until they are released am am still very happy on the PS3. I play GT6 daily as well as FF14 and the even though all them games above are coming to PS4 the game I am looking forward to most this year which is out next month is Dark Souls II and will be on PS3... honestly speaking I would of been happy to stick with the PS3 until Christmas this year as it still has a stong line up of games out and still a few more good ones to come:) I still haven't played The Last of Us and will be picking it up in the upcoming PSN sale for £18, also need to install Bioshock infinite which I got for free from PSN as I have not played that either.

GT7 is well underway development wise and is expected next year:D

Mini JCW
http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/13/january-2014-npd-playstation-4-extends-its-lead/

“Demand for PlayStation 4 remains incredibly strong as it was No. 1 in sales for next-gen consoles in January, nearly doubling the nearest next-gen competitor, and remains the cumulative leader, according to today’s NPD report,” Sony spokesperson Guy Longworth said. ”Although PS4 remains severely constrained at retail, we are working hard to refresh supply as quickly as possible.”/QUOTE]

I wonder if the UK figures are as clear cut?

I think once TitanFall's released the XBOne will close the gap significantly.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/13/january-2014-npd-playstation-4-extends-its-lead/

“Demand for PlayStation 4 remains incredibly strong as it was No. 1 in sales for next-gen consoles in January, nearly doubling the nearest next-gen competitor, and remains the cumulative leader, according to today’s NPD report,” Sony spokesperson Guy Longworth said. ”Although PS4 remains severely constrained at retail, we are working hard to refresh supply as quickly as possible.”/QUOTE]

I wonder if the UK figures are as clear cut?

I think once TitanFall's released the XBOne will close the gap significantly.

I very much doubt one game will shift so many machines, it will be more of a case of whoever owns an xbox now is likely to buy it once released. it may help sell about 1-2% of machines imo. I think it needs to be a big smash hit game to shift tons of machines ( GTA etc ) imo

Also some info on the MGS GZ

http://www.shopto.net/news/45321/Gr...ours-long-looks-better-on-PS4-say-journalists

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Any news on 4oD and/or USB video playback support yet on either console? That's what I'm waiting for really.

dk

911 GTS Cab
So the next big multi platform game to announce its credentials on both consoles is MGS.

XBOX One - 60 FPS + 720p
PS4 - 60 FPS + 1080p

is there a pattern emerging here?

No doubt the xbox fanboys will come out with the same b****cks as per usual, but yet again the PS4 seems to be the one to own.