ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Generation Consoles

After using both the One and PS4 since launch, I decided to sell the PS4 yesterday. Local lad came and collected it, I sold it for a little more than I paid, so got to try it out for 30 days at no cost.

They are too similar to justify keeping both. Until any decent exclusives come out on the PS4, I'll stick with the One for the foreseeable.

172 cup
After using both the One and PS4 since launch, I decided to sell the PS4 yesterday. Local lad came and collected it, I sold it for a little more than I paid, so got to try it out for 30 days at no cost.

They are too similar to justify keeping both. Until any decent exclusives come out on the PS4, I'll stick with the One for the foreseeable.
C.J what's the reason for choosing the Xbox over the ps mate as I'm looking to buy but was swaying more towards the ps

@C.J what's the reason for choosing the Xbox over the ps mate as I'm looking to buy but was swaying more towards the ps

I prefer the controller.
I prefer the current exclusives (Forza/DR).
I prefer the interface/dash.
Kinect.
3 of my mates now own an Xbox, 1 owns a PS4.

IMO, there's nothing in it. I don't need both, I've got other things I'd rather spend the money on.

172 cup
I prefer the controller.
I prefer the current exclusives (Forza/DR).
I prefer the interface/dash.
Kinect.
3 of my mates now own an Xbox, 1 owns a PS4.

IMO, there's nothing in it. I don't need both, I've got other things I'd rather spend the money on.

Cheers mate suppose that's what it comes down to if there very similar spec wise

dk

911 GTS Cab
So tomb raider is coming out on the next gen consoles, it's been written from the ground up for them, so no port, and guess what?

well, the ps4 version will run at 60fps 1080p. Nice.

bad luck if you have an xbox one though, it manages 30fps pushing up to 45 fps in scenes where nothing is happening.........

seems ms like the ps4 is definitely the one to own at the moment.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
So tomb raider is coming out on the next gen consoles, it's been written from the ground up for them, so no port, and guess what?

well, the ps4 version will run at 60fps 1080p. Nice.

bad luck if you have an xbox one though, it manages 30fps pushing up to 45 fps in scenes where nothing is happening.........

seems ms like the ps4 is definitely the one to own at the moment.

It's a port.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Not according to the developers

It'll cost millions to develop on a bespoke next gen engine, it'll be an enhanced last gen developed game.

We'll need to wait until next gen only games are released for a comparison.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Crystal Dynamics has stressed that the game is not a port of existing versions, and was designed and rebuilt from the ground up for next-gen consoles.
Enhanced graphics, whole new particle and lighting system, and multiplayer built from scratch to work with next gen apparently.

Whatever the the case, the game was a multiplatform, and is still a multiplatform but the xbox can't handle the lighting or particles like the ps4 can, it's proving the theory about the ps4 being much more powerful, and it's not the first game to.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
"'Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition' is so named as it's exactly what we've custom built for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 system consoles," said Crystal Dynamics Executive Producer, Scot Amos. "The new hardware let us finally express the original vision in all of its glory. This was a continued labor of love. We pulled the game apart and rebuilt it with painstaking detail to add enhanced visual storytelling but without changing the award winning tale. The end result is a cinematic living world. We can't wait for fans and newcomers alike to experience this rebuilt epic adventured”

As I said an enhanced port.

I'm not disputing that the PS4 is less powerful or on par with the XBO, however, I feel that this game doesn't necessarily offer a fair comparison as there are too many unknown factors.

I'm quite happy to be proven wrong.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Eh, what part of 'we pulled it apart and rebuilt it with painstaking detail' and 'we've custom built for' tells you it's a port?

the ps4 is obviously more powerful, it's a Kevin bacon no brainer.

I have both consoles, and having read this I will without a shadow of a doubt buy this for my ps4.

You have an exbox, funny that, wouldn't expect you to react in any other way tbh, I'm beginning to wonder why I bought both now.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
"'Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition' is so named as it's exactly what we've custom built for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 system consoles," said Crystal Dynamics Executive Producer, Scot Amos. "The new hardware let us finally express the original vision in all of its glory. This was a continued labor of love. We pulled the game apart and rebuilt it with painstaking detail to add enhanced visual storytelling but without changing the award winning tale. The end result is a cinematic living world. We can't wait for fans and newcomers alike to experience this rebuilt epic adventured”

As I said an enhanced port.

I'm not disputing that the PS4 is More powerful or on par with the XBO, however, I feel that this game doesn't necessarily offer a fair comparison as there are too many unknown factors.

I'm quite happy to be proven wrong.

To me that reads they have pulled the core game apart and rebuilt it to the best of each machines ability whether a port or not!... another game that comes out on top on the PS4 and by some margin 30fps>60fps is pretty noticeable, maybe they should run it at that magic number... what was it oh 720;)

I might actually get that, never really played tomb raider before.

If you have never played this version before I can 100% recommend it as its a brilliant game. Got it last year on PS3 and was very very impressed. completed about 97% of it and didn't want it to end. unfortunately I wont be buying this as it offers nothing I am interested in over the last gen version but as soon as a sequel is released will have it straight away

Last edited:
  Monaro VXR
It's just a graphics overhaul. It'll basically look like the PC version now instead. From the reviews I have seen, all said the same. It looks like the pc version on high the ps4 version. Just with some of the dlc stuff added.

Not a new game, just a port thats been worked over to get the graphics looking prettier with the extra power of the new systems.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
It's just a graphics overhaul. It'll basically look like the PC version now instead. From the reviews I have seen, all said the same. It looks like the pc version on high the ps4 version. Just with some of the dlc stuff added.

Not a new game, just a port thats been worked over to get the graphics looking prettier with the extra power of the new systems.

Exactly.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Eh, what part of 'we pulled it apart and rebuilt it with painstaking detail' and 'we've custom built for' tells you it's a port?

the ps4 is obviously more powerful, it's a Kevin bacon no brainer.

I have both consoles, and having read this I will without a shadow of a doubt buy this for my ps4.

You have an exbox, funny that, wouldn't expect you to react in any other way tbh, I'm beginning to wonder why I bought both now.

Jesus, its an enhanced port, Crystal Dynamics are just sugarcoating it.

Do you argue with yourself in the shower?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
rebuilt it to the best of each machines ability

Did you read that somewhere or did you just make that up?

Do you not think it’s possible that the game has been rebuilt to suit the PS4s “superior” architecture, creating an exaggerated divide between both systems? It’s not going to be something Crystal Dynamics are going to publicise now is it…

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
p0nl.gif

Fiesta ST
Wouldn't surprise me if they just ported the PC version followed by some clever marketing ;) seeing how close the consoles are now to PC architect.

Audi TT 225 Quattro

Do you not think it’s possible that the game has been rebuilt to suit the PS4s “superior” architecture, creating an exaggerated divide between both systems? It’s not going to be something Crystal Dynamics are going to publicise now is it…

I read your post what is quoted above and from that it looks to me like they are saying they have custom built the game for each system not just the PS4 but for what ever reason it is not able to match the PS4 version and needs to be capped... what do you read it as ? it seems a pretty clear statement to me being they have done the best they can with both machines. I find it pretty shocking that it is having a hard time running a game that was intended for last gen.

Ah yes the people at CD are PS fanboys/girls so of course they would make a worse version on the Xbox, I mean its not like they are in it to make the best version for each console and maximise profits:rolleyes:

I will say regardless of what you intend to play it on it will look stunning as I was honestly impressed with this on the PS3 and they was probably running @720p 30fps and I enjoyed every single minute of it and never once thought I wish this was running a bit better etc. The game drew me in and didn't let go till the end:)

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I read your post what is quoted above and from that it looks to me like they are saying they have custom built the game for each system not just the PS4 but for what ever reason it is not able to match the PS4 version and needs to be capped... what do you read it as ? it seems a pretty clear statement to me being they have done the best they can with both machines. I find it pretty shocking that it is having a hard time running a game that was intended for last gen.

Ah yes the people at CD are PS fanboys/girls so of course they would make a worse version on the Xbox, I mean its not like they are in it to make the best version for each console and maximise profits:rolleyes:

FLOL I'm not suggesting they intentionally made it perform worse on the Xbox, I'm suggesting that it's more than possible that they've developed the next gen platform across both standards, however, due to the way its been developed/coded it performs better on one system.

Budgetary requirements, timescales, resources etc doesn't always make it a possibility to develop software/hardware to best suit all platforms.

1.8 Civic EX
tbh it doesn't realy make much business sense imo; for them to have completely rebuilt it as suggested. Why would you spend the ammount of time/money doing that on a game that millions have already played and, I would expect, only the die hard tomb raider fans would rebuy. I can't see it selling as well as the first edition on 360 and ps3. As good as the game is/was I certainly won't bother buying it again just to play it with slightly improved visuals.

I wish the stats/figures fanboi bs would stop too, it's a bit retarded. Yes, discuss the differences etc but to get all pissy about it is a bit lame. Regardless of console, does it look better than the last gen? yes. Then thats good enough. I personally wouldn't realy notice a difference (unless they were side by side, which they won't be in my house) in how many fps a game is or if its full 1080p etc. As long as its a good game and I feel im getting my monies worth then job done. Now I just need to wait for some pleb to come up with a reply along the lines of "spoken like a true xbox/console owner" or the like....happy friday.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
tbh it doesn't realy make much business sense imo; for them to have completely rebuilt it as suggested.

Bingo, they're in it for the sales, not to please those with XBOs or PS4s who want a next gen only experience.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Flol, you are such a fanboi, but I'm glad you admit the ps4 is superior. Which is why it's able to run at twice the speed.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Flol, you are such a fanboi, but I'm glad you admit the ps4 is superior. Which is why it's able to run at twice the speed.

LOL I'm not a fanboi, just hate it when people spout inaccurate bullshit :cool:.

73867e_3853082.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
The facts are clear

Xbox 1080p 30fps
Ps4 1080p 60fps

i don't see there's any bulls**t involved, the xbox just can't handle what the ps4 can.

and I have an xbox one, so I'm hardly a ps4 fanboi.

I just see the facts from both sides and make my decision as to which platform I buy a game one, and it's rarely as clear cut as this, which makes my decision easier.

Hopefully the xbox will be like the ps3 and after a couple of years they will learn how to squeeze a bit more performance out of it. I just hope it doesn't bring too many multiplatform games down and hold back the ps4 potential.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
The facts are clear

Xbox 1080p 30fps
Ps4 1080p 60fps

i don't see there's any bulls**t involved, the xbox just can't handle what the ps4 can.

I just see the facts from both sides and make my decision as to which platform I buy a game one, and it's rarely as clear cut as this, which makes my decision easier.

Hopefully the xbox will be like the ps3 and after a couple of years they will learn how to squeeze a bit more performance out of it. I just hope it doesn't bring too many multiplatform games down and hold back the ps4 potential.

FLOL stop it, just stop it.

The discussion was regarding Tomb Raider and whether it was a port, you said not, you were wrong.

Nobody is disputing the fact that the PS4 is more powerful, arcitecture isn't the be all and end all though as we saw with the PS3.

Mini JCW
I think the further we get into the current generation, the more apparent the disparity in performance between the consoles will appear.

^ I think we did at the end of the last generation, with the PS3 ultimately ending on a strong note.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I think the further we get into the current generation, the more apparent the disparity in performance between the consoles will appear.

^ I think we did at the end of the last generation, with the PS3 ultimately ending on a strong note.

May well have been the case, however, the PS3 was a flop in comparison to the PS2 and that blame could be pinpointed to the fact that the PS3 just didn't deliver on the visual front.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
That's impossible whilst Jay S is around.

You really are a grade A Mong aren't you, I said nothing about the specs of the machine just stated the facts of a post I quoted. Remind me what dead rising 3 is running at ..720p 16fps if I remember right:cool:

LOL I'm not a fanboi, just hate it when people spout inaccurate bulls**t :cool:.

View attachment 107985

Not spouting any bulls**t just telling you what I clearly read your statement posted as saying...

The facts are clear

Xbox 1080p 30fps
Ps4 1080p 60fps

couldn't agree more:p

Seems it was built from the ground up as if making it for the next gen consoles only:

Crystal Dynamics has stressed that the game is not a port of existing versions, and was designed and rebuilt from the ground up for next-gen consoles.

and maybe this has something to do with it as well...

This comes at the same time as news revealing that both versions were worked on by different developers, with United Front being responsible for the Xbox One version and Nixxes responsible for the PS4 version