ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie with a 2001 ph1 172 in Odyssey blue

Phase 1 172
Hey guys

I'm fairly new here, but I'm hoping to become a regular to the forums and to meet some of you at events etc.

I am the proud owner of a 2001 phase 1 Renault Clio 172.

1.jpg

I picked it up on Thursday from Bristol and am loving it! Unfortunately, the previous owner didn't know how to clean a car and it suffered from quite serious car wash scratches. I spent all day today cleaning the car.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

And here's some shots that show quite well how the paint has come up after a serious cleaning session.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

I only have small plans for the car including:

> colour coded door strips
> colour coded door handles
> phase 2 rear lights
> re furb steering wheel
> lower 40mm

Other than that I just plan to keep it shiny and look after it!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Quite a rare colour on CS surprisingly, but it looks great! Welcome to the forum. :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yeah GUTTED man!!!!!!!!
Stalking me on facebook now are we LOL

Lol! :cool: I can't help what shows up on my homepage.. :eek:

Be good to see an Odyssey though, only ever seen W17GLE's crash damaged car, great colour in the metal though!

Phase 1 172
Thanks for the comments and the warm welcome guys.

I quite literally spent all day cleaning it to try and remove all the swirl marks and scratches in it. It's been washed, clayed, cleaned, polished and waxed.

Was a lot of effort, but it looks awesome now.

Does anyone know what sort of money I'll be looking at to get the steering wheel refurbished?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Personally i think you should leave the bump strips and handles...

Breaks it up a bit imo (atleast on my silver one it does)

Thats in tidy nick that is!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thanks for the comments and the warm welcome guys.

I quite literally spent all day cleaning it to try and remove all the swirl marks and scratches in it. It's been washed, clayed, cleaned, polished and waxed.

Was a lot of effort, but it looks awesome now.

Does anyone know what sort of money I'll be looking at to get the steering wheel refurbished?

Was a lad from Ireland doing it on a swap for swap basis for £100

340i
The paint work looks spot on!

By far the best shape and the best colour 172, Almost a perfect choice....

All you need is a touch of orange ;)

gray.jpg

3625893783_5f91a97738_b.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

Phase 1 172
Just a quick update from me on the latest mods.

Car is now sitting 40mm lower on 16 inch Clio 182 wheels. I have fitted a Seat Leon Cupra R front splitter and have had the door handles and door strips colour coded.

Let me know what you think, obviously it wont be to everyones tastes and I'm prepared for all the haters!

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
Lol two of the things I hate most on Clios, but the splitter and 182 wheels actually look good.. I think! Ride height and colour coding works a treat. :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The wheels are a no no for me, sorry :(

They look far too modern for the car IMO. Id have bought some 16" Oz f1's :(

Ian

Focus TDCi
As long as it's kept clean it looks alright, plus with the colour coding it looks fresh. Still I'd have f1's as well. ;)

Phase 1 172
I'd love some 16" Oz f1's, but they're like rocking horse poo. The 182 wheels came up at a good price so I thought I'd go for them. I might change them if some other wheels come up, but for the moment I'm happy with the way it looks.

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
Cupra splitter actually looks mint! quite tempted myself actually and gorgeous colour too...

Phase 1 172
maybe phase 2 rear lights?

I hopefully have some coming. I won some on eBay weeks ago, but the seller is messing me around.

The car will then be staying as is visually. Next up I want to get more power from it. Can anyone give me a sensible list of modifications to get her up to around 190bhp?