ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie old boy

Audi
Hi all,

New to the forum and Renault tbh and looking to get into a decent Clio this spring, be kind...

I have a good mate on here local to me in the N/West who has a stunning 172 Cup Track car, driven it ontrack to it's a right hoot and great fun.

I am ideally wanting a car to do all things, Sunday B road stuff, Trackdays and look half decent and ultimately be fun, budget friendly or take it's be reliable as I have been down money pit roads before I care not to revisit.

I am slightly embarrassed to admit I wanted a Williams 1 when new and drove one quite a bit in 1994, today there super rare and obviously high in value but most look to. Be showing the signs of their age now.
So I have experience of a really well sorted 172 cup Trackcar and driven the 182 a long time ago, the 197 looks awesome but I hear there could be issues with gearbox and hubs on these models.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers BADDH