ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Side skirt removal.

Clio B Sport 172
Hi everyone I am new to the site and owned a Clio B 172 since 2001.
I’m starting to get rust issues on the right hand side rear jacking point an need to remove the side skirt to get a better idea of what needs to be done.
Can anyone help on how they come off?
Cheers Steve.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Hi and welcome Steve.

They’re usually pop rivets. So just get an oversized drill bit and whip the tops off, then a small punch to push the rivet through.

There’s also a screw at the front of the skirt, which fits to the wing, which you also need to remove, then they’ll just pull off.

To replace them, get some G 4.8 x 16 ALU rivets and a rivet gun, if you haven’t already got one, then reverse the process. The factory part number was 7703072047 but probably NLA. Drop me a pm if you get stuck.

Last edited:

G Hut

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, V90 T8
Some info in here on them, for a ph1 but assume very similar. Details 4.5mm drill be to remove the rivets and shows the mounting clips etc

Attachments

• Body Work TN.558A - CB0M.PDF
    251.3 KB · Views: 74