ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie!! clio 182

FF 182
hi there everyone i am picking up my 04 plate 182 beginning of next week and cant wait!! i have 1 question for you all, the garage i am buying it from said they will replace the cam belt if it needs doing within 10k and the mileage stands at 42k atm. shall i try and get them to replace it now as i have heard figures of around £700 to do this?!! all help much appreciated parky

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, definitely - assuming they know what they are doing?

The cambelt needs doing at either 70k or 5 years of age - whichever comes sooner. As your car is around 5 years old, it would certainly be worth doing.

It's a big job and requires special tools from what I can gather. Again, I'd have to have confidence in the garage that they knew what they were doing with the cambelt. Make sure the auxiliary belt gets done at the same time as well. If that goes, it can screw up the cambelt too.

Oh, and welcome! :)

D.

FF 182
back from the garage and ive got them to replace the cam belt and the auxiliary belt for the price im paying which is good and i do trust them as they have a very good reputation and have had work done there before. just cant wait now lol. ooh quick question can i put an aftermarket headunit in with no problems? any wiring looms i need?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
back from the garage and ive got them to replace the cam belt and the auxiliary belt for the price im paying which is good and i do trust them as they have a very good reputation and have had work done there before. just cant wait now lol. ooh quick question can i put an aftermarket headunit in with no problems? any wiring looms i need?

I'd speak to MTAUDIO (Matt) on here. Good bloke and he knows his stuff. :)

D.

clio 182 cup
I'd speak to MTAUDIO (Matt) on here. Good bloke and he knows his stuff. :)

D.
You should be alright ive just fitted a alpine dvd head unit to my 182 the only problem is my controls on my steering wheel dont work but if you want to pay £60 for the cable you can get them working

FF 182
You should be alright ive just fitted a alpine dvd head unit to my 182 the only problem is my controls on my steering wheel dont work but if you want to pay £60 for the cable you can get them working

ahh wicked many thanks and the controls would be nice ive seen them on car audio security for £30 i think im sure lol