ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Tomb Raider

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Finished the story tonight with 77% completion.

Overall a very good game. Puzzles were pretty straightforward. End boss wasn't that difficult to beat either (played through on normal mode)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Haven't looked how you get the gold yet... it's annoying completing a game and not getting one lol. I completed Portal 2 (finally!) a couple of days after and got a gold for it, then again that's an absolute mission of a game.

HBT 172 Cup
Briliant game, thoroughly enjoyed playing it on PC with the settings cranked up! Ended with 79% completion, not sure i can be arsed to get 100%.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Still going round collecting things. The weapon upgrades are doing my head in. Just need to upgrade the hand gun fully now. Says 80% with 8/8 parts.
Some of the other collectables are hard to find too.
No way I'll platinum this though.

Last edited:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got the Cache's, Relics and Documents now and fully upgraded all weapons. Not managed to do the other bits though like the Minesweeper, red caps etc.

Had a quick blast on Multiplayer too earlier, couldn't get in to it though. Felt like the movement was too slow and a bit jumpy (which is also how I remember Uncharted MP too :()

Evo 5 RS
Ending was weak IMO.

Don't agree dude, it wasn't fantastic but I think it portrayed the whole "I'm actually a bit of a weapon" pretty well. Although it does loop back to one of the story's major flaws, which is that it falls very quickly into her becoming comfortable with slaughtering people.

Also there is a desperate lack of optional tombs. Christ knows what possessed them to focus on multiplayer DLC. As much as I enjoyed it, you can jog on if you think I can be arsed to collect all of the documents etc.

Last edited:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I thought the final boss was way too easy. Just a series of button commands. Also thought that there would be more tombs to explore (and I thought they would be harder to get through too) but the ending was good.

I did really like it on a whole though, looking forward to the next one and what they do with it. (Apart from MP, wasn't keen on that)

1.8 Civic EX
Don't agree dude, it wasn't fantastic but I think it portrayed the whole "I'm actually a bit of a weapon" pretty well. Although it does loop back to one of the story's major flaws, which is that it falls very quickly into her becoming comfortable with slaughtering people.

Also there is a desperate lack of optional tombs. Christ knows what possessed them to focus on multiplayer DLC. As much as I enjoyed it, you can jog on if you think I can be arsed to collect all of the documents etc.

I thought that about a quater of the way into the game. When she first shoots someone, she's all like "oh my god what have I done, how terrible" etc, then straight after that cut scene your running around pulling off headshots like it's the easiest thing in the world. For the game to work it had to happen at somepoint, but it did seem to come quite easily to her as a character.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just finished this today - 85% completion. Loved it - probably the most enjoyable 3rd person game for me since the Mass Effect series. Loved the back story (I have a nerd obsession with WW2 stuff in the Pacific) and really liked the character progression.

Graphically stunning even on my average setup. Must be epic on high-end PCs. For the record, it's the only Tomb Raider game that I've completed so far.

Definitely recommended if you see this on the cheap.

D.

Was just thinking about this game today, completed at christmas and loved it, same vibe as unchartered(s) I thought.

Are there any similar games coming soon or already out similar? Ive got farcry 2 and 3 but dont love them.

DCi
Just finished this today - 85% completion. Loved it - probably the most enjoyable 3rd person game for me since the Mass Effect series. Loved the back story (I have a nerd obsession with WW2 stuff in the Pacific) and really liked the character progression.

Graphically stunning even on my average setup. Must be epic on high-end PCs. For the record, it's the only Tomb Raider game that I've completed so far.

Definitely recommended if you see this on the cheap.

D.

I finished today on 81% I want to go round and find everything but I'm only home at weekends so maybe one day