ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Tomb Raider

Evo 5 RS
Tempted to pick this up.

I would. Genuinely, it's really good. Especially if you're a fan of the Uncharted series. It's pretty much just as good looking as well, if not more...

The only thing I would say is they need to come up with some DLC tombs and stop pretending the multiplayer is any good. Although there's a fair amount of content on play through, there isn't that much in the way to keep you going back unless you pelted it through the main story.

tombraider2013031521244.png

1.8 Civic EX
I actually quite enjoy the multiplayer. :eek: Up to about level 32/33 now. I think I like it because it's simple and most of the time evenly matched.

Not sure how far in single player I am, keep forgetting to look at the % but I'm trying to find all the objects/tombs/diary entries etc in the one playthrough as I go so it's taking me a while...

I'd definately recomend it Scutch, although I've not played the Uncharted series to compare, but it's rather enjoyable.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm 52% done. Not sure how much of the main game is left to do.

It's been very good.

1.8 Civic EX
Lol thought as much. To be honest I think I'm quite close to the end now but I've found every object, tomb, done every challenge etc for all the areas apart from the one I'm currently on.

An orange one
What was the old tomb raider where you ended up in this mahoosive multi level room and there was different rooms within it, like Thor and Damocles etc?

That was so good back in the day!

Ph 1 172
Just completed it was really good at first then after a while it was a bit of a drag ..... Puzzles were not hard enough at all and ended up being jump up to room clear room of bad guys and repeat x100. Would of been better if it was completly open world like far cry 3

O and I miss not doing hand stands once I've grabbed a ledge and not giving into water lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL. Hardly. Like folk in the Bioshock thread saying the start is incredible.

Spoilers?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well, got all the collectibles and tombs etc tonight. That's my finish I think. Not even bothering with the multiplayer, and there was one secret achievement I didn't get but I know what it is now and means I'd have to start the game again through to the end which isn't happening.

Was a good game.

Crikey. The graphics on PC are pretty amazing. Certainly the character faces. Only played about an hour but it seems good.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I am really liking this game, the graphics are really really good. Shame my PC cant max them out though.

If you're running nvidia then make sure you have the latest drivers 314.22. Supposed to be good improvements with this game.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Ah, I havent updated my drivers for ages. Will do that later. Cheers.

Played a fair bit of this now. It's really good, but also irritating. Trial and error has never been a good way to make a game feel bigger. Trial and error in perfectly timed button pressing events is even worse. So far it gets a seven from me. Two points lost due to cheap tactics. However, what it does well, it does very well. I like it.

1.8 Civic EX
finally got round to finishing off the main story 100%

I actually realy enjoyed the ending. A certain part which may have been overlooked by some but I thought was rather well done...

when she picked up the second pistol and you had to shoot the shite out of Mathias with a bit of the ol' dual weild. Was basically the point where she turned from innocent/survival Lara into the old two pistol weilding Lara Croft from the original games. Was quite subtle yet well done imo.

Will replay it to pick up a couple of easy achievements I missed (shoot 10 people off zip lines, use the dodge/counter job on 25 peeps and speak to all the survivors), will just whack it on easy and blitz through, shouldn't take too long ignoring pick ups etc.

Still quite enjoying multiplayer too, nearly got everything out of it, up to level 53 but it's taking quite some time to level up now. Just need to get to level 60 then I'll stop and trade it in for something.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've lent this off a mate and I'm really enjoying it. About 40% in but not rushing through. Got a few tombs done and some of the caches and other collectables done too.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
finally got round to finishing off the main story 100%

I actually realy enjoyed the ending. A certain part which may have been overlooked by some but I thought was rather well done...

when she picked up the second pistol and you had to shoot the s**te out of Mathias with a bit of the ol' dual weild. Was basically the point where she turned from innocent/survival Lara into the old two pistol weilding Lara Croft from the original games. Was quite subtle yet well done imo.

Absolutely, I noticed this too... thought it was great!

Completed @ 72% today. Won't be replaying though. Reckon it's time for Bioshock Infinite after pay day :)

Evo 5 RS
Finally managed to jump back on and try and complete this. Must be nearing the end now. Really immersive story. Not too keen on trying to collect all the documents, I have around 60% of them but don't think I'll be trying to get the rest after completing the main story. I've done all the tombs though.

Such a good looking game.