ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to Clios and its a 182! I have a few Questions

Clio 182
Hi All

Must say I love my renault sport, great to drive, look at, clean, the exhaust noise . . . - the list goes on

But just a few questions to see if its performance is normal for a 182 as i've not had one before

1. Starting from cold on a warm day, it seems to lack acceleration as if its lacking fuel but after a couple of miles
its fine and on a cold or damp day there's no problem?

2. considering its supposed to do 0-60 in about 6.7s it doesnt seem to fly in my hands. Should I be revving it hard
through the gears to get this performance?

3. Last one. Its a standard 182 and I know the ride will be hard but at speed if you hit a bump you really feel it and the car
can jump a bit. Is this the nature of the beast or should I get the suspension checked?

Any info would be great. Looking forward to many miles of joy and hopefully meet up with other members one day. Cheers

Cold start is just how it is in Clio's just need time for the car to heat up everything, Not sure about the 0-60 there's got to be somewhere on here that has an accurate time and 3. I was only on standard suspension for 3 months and the car never jumped it onl felt that way after I lowered it.
Also Welcome to CS mate!

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Welcome!

Yes they like to Kangaroo when cold, goes away after 5 mins but don't mace it until like 15 mins later.

Yes it needs to be ragged all the way to the limiter to get the 0-60 time, 60 is practically on 7200RPM in 2ND gear.

The rear shocks could be shagged, mine were and wasn't nice. check for oil on them if so get some new ones. there is a guy in Wolverhampton on here ( use search it should display a big listing of all common parts ) who had them for £30 the other day cup ones too.

I put cup ones on my un-cupped 182 and made a complete change in behavior. well worth it.

Enjoy.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Welcome to CS, I think you need to rev anything hard to get 0-60 quicker than 7 seconds..

Subaru Impreza WRX
Welcome to CS, I think you need to rev anything hard to get 0-60 quicker than 7 seconds..

Unless you have a car that'll get there in 5ish, 7 then is a bit of a stroll.

Seriously thinking whether I want one of these though, if you have to ring it's neck to get half-decent performance. I'm used to short-shifting and riding 342lbft of torque.

​Hmm :S

Subaru Impreza WRX
Sorry pal, no don't suppose I was very helpful.

I am thinking of getting a 182, and I don't like screwing cars to get good performance so was interested in the replies to your questions.

I'll get my coat.....:quiet:

PB172,dci100,dci65
I think the 1*2 are fine...light cars, the F4R used in 1*2 have reasonable torque in lower revs too. Not like a 3litre diesel, but in normal usage you don't need to rev it always, usualy till 3000 rpm is enough for me.

When having fun, than till the green shift gears been shown:)

To question number 3, this should not happen. Get it checked for your safety.

Have fun with your beast

172 Cup
Sorry pal, no don't suppose I was very helpful.
I am thinking of getting a 182, and I don't like screwing cars to get good performance so was interested in the replies to your questions.
I'll get my coat.....:quiet:
Maybe ask the chap who's just switched from a P1 and also happens to be a southwalian.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?700511-Hi-from-south-Wales
They're not scooby quick but they're light and good fun and tbh there's a certain pleasure to a howling N/A and if you buy one for cheaps (they are pretty cheaps tbh) it don't matter if you bork it right?
Anyway mine is on 100k and I know it's been tracked at some point in the past and I haven't exactly driven like a granny so they can take a bit of punishment, provided you keep on top of servicing.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Theyre a bit like a 2 stroke bike, sluggish at low revs then you gotta hang on for dear life..

Subaru Impreza WRX
Cheers scarble, I have done exactly as you suggested and he has replied :cool:

Sorry OP for hogging your thread, I am sure you will get more useful posts off other people!