ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to clio scene

Right, I havnt done many posts as im new to the clio scene. (only had my clio since sunday) Just want to ask a few questions thats all.

Whats the bigest engine that will fit in a Mk2 "S" Reg clio, 2.0 16v?

What model is the valver? My cars only a 1.2 8v on an "S" Re g with the 172 kit on it( ive been told ) and it also has wide arches on the front, is that part of the kit or aftermarket. The only mods Ive done to it is fitted a Green Cotton air filter, which makes it sound jsut lovley! lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Richardson/Clio.jpg

When I bought the car, it also came with the Dual optic lights and some lowering springs, but not sure on how much they lower it by. Also got some wheel spacers coming soon to fill the arches.

Any suggestions what to do next after the springs and lights? Im tight on money at the moment, but have a few ideas. Maybe tint windows etc.

Does anybody make little http://www.cliosport.netwww.cliosport.net window stickers?

Cheers Si,

Looks like a very good copy. I would colour code the side strips and door handles, Mk2 lights and possibly change the wheels. You can buy stickers from the homepage, think its under the Merchandise bit.

Welcome to the club by the way. ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Welcome to Cliosport, something I would suggest is changing your reg for a private one. the 172s werent out for 1998 (S Reg) so those in the know will know its not! Its just an observation, up to you though.

You can get internal and external Cliosport.net stickers I would suggest the small external, as I had the large external one on my cup, and was getting too many admiring glances from the thief fraternity!

I am waiting for my private reg to get transfered off my old car to this, which will hide its age (even though its not that old) but it will be there to hide the 1.2 lol.

The 172 engine will fit j3ned sells the engine gearbox suspension and brakes all the bits you need for £1.5k+ vat
As for bigger engines well the V6 3.0 is a bit big but if your feeling adventurous. The VAG 1.8T (take to j3ned) or Megan/Velsatis/Laguna 2.0 turbo is another option.
There was a sports body kit for the normal CLio but that didnt include the wider arches so you might have a car with the full 172 kit from a crashed car.

Personally Id get the car lowered on coilovers personally before any other modifications.

Ziel Nurburgring

Agreed, does look good. Someones but a lot of effort into that. Get the bits colour coded and apart from the plate it would pass from outside. Any of the interior been changed?

Cheers people!

I went on the main page to find the cliosport.net window stickers, but the online shop thing isnt working? does anybody on the forum sell them or not?

Cheers,