ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New skirts for the Bora en route. Now to C/C or not?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I have some Golf anniversary skirts en route as i have a wee dent in my sill which pisses me off. Anni skirts are the slimmest you can get to the sill but im not sure whether to colour code them? I like contrast and dont want to do my front and rear valences. Now, shall i colour code them? Or Satin black? Or even textured and black like standard stylee?

The skirts on a bora -

c-1.jpg

b-1.jpg

Or a Golf -

g-1.jpg

And the borat.

DSCF2079.jpg

Im thinking textured black?

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I just think colour coded could look a little odd with unpainted valences?

Here is colour coded with unpainted valences. Not a good pic to show it though really -

411.gif

Fiesta ST-3
when red cars are too red it looks kinda weird (if you understand ha).

Go black mate, you'll never go back. (probably)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Repair the sill?

Went to see dent magic down the old paint works. They want to cut about ten holes to hit it out then just grommit them. They say it'll only probs be 80% out too. Then i'll have to replace them in a years time due to rust no doubt! haha

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just think your car looks better than any of the others you've posted and don't want you to fit side skirts! lol.

Dent man will butcher the sills, the metals too thick and it will probably end up worse! Get it to a decent bodyshop. Probably only cost about £100 to get a sill repaired.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I just think your car looks better than any of the others you've posted and don't want you to fit side skirts! lol.

Dent man will butcher the sills, the metals too thick and it will probably end up worse! Get it to a decent bodyshop. Probably only cost about £100 to get a sill repaired.

Yeah i'm not the biggest fan normally tbh. If it wasnt dented, it wouldnt be happening. Ive got a holiday coming up id rether waste my money on that.. Any recommendations Daniel san? I dont mind paying £200 odd if its a good job tbh.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Tom a good friend of mine could do that, he's not just a friend he is actually a qualified painter/sprayer and panel beater
His bodyshop is based in wells, let me know if you want his details

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FLOL!! Can you not see that?

FAO If you need re-spray in/near Bristol.

First of all - big thanks to Daniel on here for his recommendation of DK Cars & Bikes for body work and re-sprays in Bristol.

Had my front bumper and near side wheel re-furb this week and am absolutely delighted with the results:

dsc00969ds.jpg

Wish I had bothered to take a before picture of the bumper as it was a right state, (previous owner had it resprayed by Stevie Wonder and the paint started to de-laminate!)

However Dave at DK sorted it all out and now my exteriors are 'near' perfect again for £320 all in, which is an awesome price for quality work.

Also, took the chance yesterday to re-route my cold air induction feed to the front (something I've want to do for ages), it took awhile as there is little/no room and am massive lol.

...and with this clever cost saving heater baffle fix below, its been a good weekend:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...t=#post7741595

CS membership is really paying off lately lol.​

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well, black they will be. Popped round a mates last night as he had just fitted his skirts which are the same as mine -

779ce02e.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Finally fitted. Only have a shite pic but I went for textured black like the valences..

0e941c19.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks gents. I'll have to get the proper camera out. This was a flashless iphone when it was getting dark..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks! I really wasnt sure on skirts at first but in the metal they look great. The cars getting somewhere now. I always seem to think about selling it but that'd be silly after the money ive spent. I had my R32 ARB and polybushes fitted at the weekend too so its starting to handle pretty well now. I can actually use the horses i have under the bonnet..

I have some nice red BBS centre caps en route that should be with my by the weekend too. :D

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
The centre caps should look sweet I think!
I've been looking at R32's this week as the Type R is getting boring :(

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
A R32 will bore you too tbh. Theyre great cars but hardly exciting. My mate has one and even my Bora will litterally fly past it.