ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

doesnt seem to be the car for me

recently bought a phase 1 172 for a weekend hobby and track car, really wanted a phase 2 but couldnt justify the costs. i sold my s1 106 16v rallye and almost ended up buying a 106 gti or vts but managed to come across a 172 for 1200 quid, bargain i thought needed a respray and the rims refurbing but its all part of the cause. well anyway refurbed the rims in black all went well and then found 2 days later when i went back to the motor that two of them had seriously bled primer through the paint and reacted, pissed off but no issue i though ill do it again in the summer, painted bump strips gloss black also fitted them and painted the engine size oval badge separately to find they had been stolen the next day. fitted the suspension again went smooth to drive off to find the drive shaft has come loose, oh well wheel back off and sorted. today drove th motor to the gym to bed the suspension in some to stall on the way home, restarted the engine and it felt like it was on three cylinders and sounded like a scooby and stank. checked the plugs one wasnt sparking, tested another plug still nothing, removed the leads reseated them and all good fitted everything back to find still the same, swapped the coil and still the same. went to get some plugs and leads and no one has them so tomorrow it looks like im wasting my whole day off trying to sort this missfire issue out. lets just hope when my tyres arrive they send the right toyos or i really will give up on this new project and just drive the bora or vectra c.

Sounds just like back luck, To be fair if id have spent 1200 id expect something to go wrong along the line, Get it working. Have a good drive in it and then decide.

few reasons i got it for 1200 mainly wheels and bodywork which ill sort along with removing the 4 remould tyres the silly c**t had fitted. but this is doing my head in for it to have no error codes and or faults appear on my system but just start to run on 3.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Paragraphs ftw

Seriously though, the mis fire will definatley be one of these >

HT Leads
Coil Pack
Spark Plugs

And at very best failure of an injector which is less likley.

You get what you pay for and all that etc