ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Girl From Warwickshire

Red 172 PH1 1.2
Hiiii, joined the forum a few days ago still need to get round to joining the club :) not your average girl, grown up with nice cars so I'll try my best to drive one! Parents own a type r and AMG mercedes, I've always liked the clios though, hoping to get a quicker one for my 2nd car and one where i dont have to do as much to it, but its all part of the fun.
I've got a 1.2 Clio Grande soon to be a 172 PH1 replica as of the end of this week, I dont think i've ever seen a 172 ph1 in the same colour as mine.
Any advice or suggestions on how to improve it is very much appreciated :)

What i've bought for it so far,
172 ph1 front bumper
172 ph1 rear bumper- however, i think im going to sell it because i prefer the 172 ph2 rear bumper lookers meaner.
Black lexus tail lights- i know lexus lights get a lot of jip but it ties in my black/red theme, i might try the mk2 ph2 ones though
172 ph1 wings
172 side skirts
Lowering springs 35mm
black renault badge
alloys - JBW OS1 red 15"- i think some black standard 182 alloys might look better however i'll make do with these until i can locate some

one thing i know i need are new headlights, do i go standard 172 ph1 with the dual optics or angel eyes?

I'm having a lot of bodywork done to it so i thought i may aswell give it a fresh start and get every scratch and dent taken out.
Heres my car as of last monday:
(please excuse the wheel trims)
01052012201.jpg

I only did one of the dents, the rest were down to other people
01052012202.jpg

i did the biggest dent/scratch at the bottom on a lampost, i was in a rush and werent concentrating
03052012207.jpg

03052012208.jpg

03052012209.jpg

It amazed me how many other people dented my car in car parks, when i get my car back im parking the other side of the car park! even if its raining. Or i'll park next to expensive cars hoping that they wont want to damage theirs either.
03052012210.jpg

04052012212.jpg

SPRAYED!!! :) ever so shiny, looks like new
04052012213.jpg

04052012214.jpg

Door mouldings, im keeping the bullets black :)
04052012215.jpg

im trying these wing mirrors because they were free and just needed spraying, if they look crap on i'll have to get some standard ones and colour code them. The ones i had were knackered. Thats my new bonnet aswell, i had to buy a new one cos someone reversed into me and it buckled -_-
02052012206.jpg

These are the alloys i have atm

This week my bumpers and grill shud be sprayed, car lowered and everything put together, i'll keep you posted.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Good plans, the standard tail lights will look best as will the dual optics, dont ever buy angel eyes.

For the wheels maybe look at OZ f1's, speedline 2118's, team dynamics pro race 1.2's or speedline turini's.

Red 172 PH1 1.2
Thanks Revels :)
If I can get my 172 sorted in time then of course Brian! lol Should be done friday thankfully although i've got a few alterations to make.
sbridgey, the OZ f1's would look muchhh better than the ones i currently have. Whats wrong with angel lights? I thought the rings looked quite pretty. From looking at other 172's on here I can see that lexus tail lights really are a no no, the standard ones do look much better.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Angels are generally a no-no. Dual optics and Ph2 rear lights only.

Welcome, best colour btw ;)

Last edited:
  Red 172 PH1 1.2
Hellooooo The Boosh!
Okay i'll forget about the angels, it'll save me a few quid anyway :) too right aucky, definately stands out.
I cant wait to get it all together, i've been collecting parts off ebay for nearly 2 months!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
really like the alloys, think theyll look ace....

however not a bit fan of the wing mirrors!! anything that can be picked up in the halfords boy racer section is a big no for me!!

looks like youre putting a lot of love into her though! :). defs get the dual optics for the front and ph2 rears, keeps it very tidy looking!!

good luck with the build! and welcome to CS!

Red 172 PH1 1.2
Hi, Im from Whitestone cotball :)
Thanks for the suggestions Struggler
thanks jesus

question: on a scale of 1-10 ten being hardest, how hard is it to wire fog lights?
or should i just get them fitted professionally?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Awesome! Are you doing this work yourself? If so... That's even awesomer! Whack a project thread up in the project section for people to follow, I've only seen one other ph1 rep on here and that's been done very well, may be worth you taking to the guy (can't remover how to spell his name lol)

Hi btw :approve:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Hello Olivia, there's a fair few members in Warwickshie/West Mids, i'm in Coventry.
Get yourself in the West Mids section and join up, you'll get regular messages about upcoming events and meets.

There's a regular meet happening every month starting tomorrow,
check the calender for the next one if you fancy meeting a few people and talking cars.

I look forward to seeing your progress with the car, impressive if you're doing all yourself. :approve:

Last edited:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
question: on a scale of 1-10 ten being hardest, how hard is it to wire fog lights?
or should i just get them fitted professionally?

you want the fogs to come on with the stalk controls or you not bothered about a simple switch on the dash somewhere? pritty easy to do with a inline fuse and rocker switch. ( stand corrected if this isnt the way to do it )

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm confused you mentioned getting a quicker car soon but you're doing all this? Why not just buy a ph1 172 there dirt cheap now anyway.

I'm guessing insurance is the issue though.

Oh and welcome to the club :).

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Another Grande owner! Welcome ;)

Optics Optics Optics, glad you chose them over those godawful angel eyes.

I'd go for anything but the Lexarse tail lights, even the Ph.1 units look better!

I never really saw the point in reps (Writing cheques you can't cash performance wise) but I'd love to see this one done ;)

It's going to look very... red. Red mirrors, red bullets, red sidestrips, red body and red wheels!

Get a dynamique/cup/trophy spoiler on there though ;)

Red 172 PH1 1.2
my younger brother and i are doing it, he works in a bodyshop meaning he has access to all the equipment and tools needed. He filled and sprayed it, i've only primed it so far but i plan on helping to lower, swap wheels, fit new panels etc definately not afraid to get my hands dirty.
hey, DaveDreads i think i've joined the west mids group and i'll be attending from next month.
DCI RAZ another person from nuneaton! :) yeahh i need it to come off the stalk perferably, i've been looking at threads on how to do it this morning, doesnt look as hard as i thought it'd be.
Hi Adamm, im a student and it is more an insurance issue, my insurance on the 1.2 is £600 and thats on a multicar policy with 5 other cars! i wud dread to think what it would be on a 2.0 plus im only 19 so if i wait a couple years it shud start to decrease with ncb etc. atm i'd say im more interested in making it look pretty than speed, im not planning on changing this clio for about 3yrs, as soon as unis over.
Mcgherkin you shud see the inside everythings red too! The main reason im changing mine into a rep is because it looks good and the insurance is cheaper. most the parts i've bought for it were cheap off ebay cos people just wanted to get rid of them. A spoilers on the shopping list :p

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh that's fair enough I thought you was saying you was getting something faster soon.

Are you telling your insurance about the changes though?

Red 172 PH1 1.2
jeeze thats high, my 1st years insurance was £1400 and that was on a provisional license aswell. Its cos im a girl though, although they say this year there bringing females insurances up to match males. :/