ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new RS

Ziel Nurburgring

Heavier, bigger and allegedly better built with higher quality materials.

Loads of thread with pics in Media etc.

clio 182 black /gold

Why not get a clio which is lighter and chip it up to 200BHP im sure this could be done.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Im sure that price is wrong - its the same as a Megane Cup which doesnt make any sense at all. I reckon itll be less than 15k.

dk

911 GTS Cab

17k is probably with options as this one is likely to have a more basic spec like the megane and have a few option packs like xenons, climate, leather etc with a basic price of 15k

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Quote: Originally posted by Max172cup on 17 August 2005

Yes, bucause Autoexpress always hit the nail on the head when it comes to predicting anything car related!! :confused:

you remember the trophy specification they ran in their publication! lol

192hp.

Dont forget the 182 is what £14k list then there £500 for both suspension kits £350 for metalic paint and £300 for cd changer. Assuming they give this spec as standard then the list for a 182 at this price is jus over £15k. People are paying about £12~12.5k from a dealer for 182s and ~£10k on F and F for one assuming price goes up by 10% the list would be £17k or so (prices go up 2.5 % ever year dont forget). So youll be looking at paying £13~13.5 k from a dealer which isnt bad for what will be one of if not the hot hatch for next next few years till the CTR comes out and buyers are offering to pay a few K more for Hondas offerings.

Its only about as quick as the 182 since its heavier even though it has 10hp more and 10NM more torque and a better ratio box.

Yaris Hybrid

17k is a lot for what is really just some cheap little French supermini thats bound to go wrong.

Bear in mind you can get the VXR Astra for £17k online.

LOL me buy a Clio RS for the same price? I think not!

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Leeshez on 17 August 2005
Why not get a clio which is lighter and chip it up to 200BHP im sure this could be done.

"chip it up" explain yourself young man

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 17 August 2005
192hp.Dont forget the 182 is what £14k list then there £500 for both suspension kits £350 for metalic paint and £300 for cd changer. Assuming they give this spec as standard then the list for a 182 at this price is jus over £15k. People are paying about £12~12.5k from a dealer for 182s and ~£10k on F and F for one assuming price goes up by 10% the list would be £17k or so (prices go up 2.5 % ever year dont forget). So youll be looking at paying £13~13.5 k from a dealer which isnt bad for what will be one of if not the hot hatch for next next few years till the CTR comes out and buyers are offering to pay a few K more for Hondas offerings.Its only about as quick as the 182 since its heavier even though it has 10hp more and 10NM more torque and a better ratio box.

i belive its going to be around 200ps or 197bhp like the CTR

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 17 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by pfox on 17 August 2005

Why is called rs is it still front wheel drive??

RenaultSport.
How long have renault actually been using the letter RS ??

as i prefer the original RS lettering .... of Fords (rallye sport)
to me RS will always mean ford cars, NOT renaults !!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 17 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 17 August 2005Quote: Originally posted by pfox on 17 August 2005 <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Why is called rs is it still front wheel drive??RenaultSport.[/QUOTE]How long have renault actually been using the letter RS ??
as i prefer the original RS lettering .... of Fords (rallye sport)
to me RS will always mean ford cars, NOT renaults !!!

do you insist on people saying vacuum cleaner if they dont own a Hoover?

Fair enough, them with it meaning renault sport i think its bad theough that clios & such like get referred to as RSs - there will only be one make of RS, and thats the blue oval type

(awaits a back lash from the clio is the best car in the world crew & it they want it call it that let them etc, blah, blah)

MKIII 138

think this thread is naff.

chip the N/A to 200hp ? wtf lol

price will be £17,000 ? after 6 months internet discounts will bring this down to £13.5k and after that depreciation will take hold and peeps will pick one up for 10k 2nd hand (at which price the old CTR will still be at that value with three times as many miles on lol)

new clio will fall apart ? lol why ? my 172 hasnt after 2 solid years of thrashing. and the new one is built better.

heavier and slower ? yea but power is power and top end will be marginally quicker it will handle more sure footed and high speed and be quieter and more refined. not only that it will be safer which is a major + point in my book. the interior wont be the dogs dinner of cheap plastic that the 182/172 has etc..

stop being so negative. the clio 182 is £16,000 fully specced but £12.5 on internet. 1K more for so much better kit and safety

Clio 172 Mk2

I think the new Clio looks great, but i would feel a bit let down if its not quicker or the same speed as a Civic Type-R though

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Its called progress boys and if you dont like it then buy a williamsOh and buy the way have you seen the new civic,it looks awful

ian

CAT171, the french call the 182, clio RS, I guess when it comes to Britain itll be called clio 200 or something... However, I dont know who started first using the "RS" logo, Renault in France or Ford in Britain ??

Clio 172 Mk2

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 18 August 2005

Why the comparisons to the CTR?

I havent driven the 182, but its only 10bhp more than a 172, which isnt enough in my opinion, there needs to be a bigger gap than 10 bhp after each release in my opinion, bit worthless performance wise.

Im all for the car being a bit heavier, I love the look of the car (looks a lot better than the MK2), but if the car is going to be heavier, it needs to be noticably quicker than the last wave, and im not talking about 10bhp

Just my opinion of course, but it just seems like the money is spent on apperance than performance itself