ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New pure Motorsport race exhaust

182cup & 172 racecar
I'll see how my bodged system gets on at Castle Combe, power and noise wise.

​This would look a good replacement though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It looks almost identical (the exhaust not the manifold) in terms of layout and silencer size etc to the one that I made for Lesley's car using these bits (only one of the round silencers and the oval one in the end not both)
DSC_0835.jpg

and at combe it was absolutely fine, so I should think if you do swap to this you will be fine.

We're going to go to a bigger back box though, as although fine on trackdays its a bit noisey for normal road use.

182cup & 172 racecar
Nice!

I've just used a Magnex center silencer a a back box, as I've been on the limit twice now (105-107db) :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
True, but the Magnex was £10. ;)

A man after my own heart, the ones I used for Lesley were recovered from my ITB corsa as they had only done a couple of thousand miles when I broke it to buy the turbo clio. (she wouldnt let me keep both as she says im only allowed 5 trackday project cars max :( I think I need a more understanding mrs TBH)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip, tell your missus to offer her car as a test subject for that manifold......just to see what it does.

Would be SO much hassle for me to fit and then for me to remap the car to work with it etc, all just to not gain much on her spec, so no thanks!

Its one of the racers on here that needs to try it not a daily driver.

Well got it fitted tonight!

Sounds mental!!!!

Very little drone on the motorway compared to the ktec I took off. So I'm very pleased! Looks cracking aswell, think I would of preferred a straight cut rather than a slash. And I might of cut to much of notch in the bumper! Bit I will hopefully sweeten that up tomorrow by raising it up a tad!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

Sounds mental!!!!

Very little drone on the motorway compared to the ktec I took off. So I'm very pleased! Looks cracking aswell, think I would of preferred a straight cut rather than a slash. And I might of cut to much of notch in the bumper! Bit I will hopefully sweeten that up tomorrow by raising it up a tad!

So glad to hear this especially about the motorway noise because mine is landing on Monday (172 straight thru). The only thing I'm not sure about is cutting the rear bumper... I'm sure it'll sound loverly at idle with the 197 cams.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Sounds mental!!!!

Is it TOP SECRET or something. What's with the packaging pics then nothing?? Get some pics up for f*ck sake!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah but exhausts are mental prices new anyway... decent ones at least. I went for the PMS system because it puts the decat/Sports CAT in an accessible place. Also it has really good aeroquip joints and clamps so getting it to seal property time and time again won't be a problem either. Then finally there's the noise (more accurately the lack of it) which was pretty much the main selling point for me.

I also looked at buying a Ktec stealth with a decat and the BTM stealth also with a decat and the PMS system was around £30 more than the others but it moves the decat which if you've ever tried chamging one on a 172 before you'll know that alone is worth the cash.

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
its over between us, you're dumped, i was going to sort you out at trade price too :(

Aww don't be like that hunni, I even left you a voice message saying I needed to sort it because I'm back in for mapping.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If you look st the video you'll see it fitted to a ph1 ;)

But to answer the question, yes