ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New pure Motorsport race exhaust

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Need to start saving for one of these systems!

The video is decat with no centre silencer and it is really surprisingly quiet. Bonnet does shut with manifold on!!

Off topic, but I phoned you guys yesterday for a quote on doing cambelt/aux belt/air con delete on my Ph1. You said you'd phone back but never did.

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
Need....£1585 posted for the package, overtime here we go.

Nick, does the stated 80dB & 93dB for the pure fitment with cat no silencer take into account the manifold too?

Also what sort of engine tunes have you tested it on so far, Im not looking for exact figures. I.e 421 catcams, Jenvey ITB's, 120mm trumpets worthwhile mod over 182 manifold and race exhaust.

The noise readings are on a car with a 172 manifold, I would expect higher readings with the 4-2-1 manifold so a centre silencer would be a good idea although the system is so quiet I don't think anyone would have issues no matter what engine spec. This manifold and a 182 manifold is kind of a Fiat and Ferarri comparison so it will definitely give you good results on your engine but it has got to be treated as part of an engine package and not just a bolt on power upgrade.

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
Need to start saving for one of these systems!

Off topic, but I phoned you guys yesterday for a quote on doing cambelt/aux belt/air con delete on my Ph1. You said you'd phone back but never did.

Hi Nyall,
Yes we did - twice - but your phone won't let us leave a message. Give us a ring on Monday as we have all the prices ready for you.

Cup In bits
The noise readings are on a car with a 172 manifold, I would expect higher readings with the 4-2-1 manifold so a centre silencer would be a good idea although the system is so quiet I don't think anyone would have issues no matter what engine spec. This manifold and a 182 manifold is kind of a Fiat and Ferarri comparison so it will definitely give you good results on your engine but it has got to be treated as part of an engine package and not just a bolt on power upgrade.

Okay perfect, I'll hold out a little while until you have more definitive dB levels with your manifold attached, Ideally I wouldn't want a silencer if I could get away with it for obvious reasons.

Yeah I understand you are doing it as part of an engine package which I like as nobody is pushing the barrier, with Sandy in toe I look forward to updates. I will have a wilder cam and pistons to take advantage of the manifold come time but can you see any potential flat spots or major power band changes with my current spec? Also I'm guessing its an equal length jobbie?

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
Okay perfect, I'll hold out a little while until you have more definitive dB levels with your manifold attached, Ideally I wouldn't want a silencer if I could get away with it for obvious reasons.

Yeah I understand you are doing it as part of an engine package which I like as nobody is pushing the barrier, with Sandy in toe I look forward to updates. I will have a wilder cam and pistons to take advantage of the manifold come time but can you see any potential flat spots or major power band changes with my current spec? Also I'm guessing its an equal length jobbie?

It's been designed to work at low rpm,s so that we can produce good power low down and save spending thousands on expensive valvetrain. It has equal length pipes.
It would have an area of rpm that it works best but that will be dependent on the rest of your engine spec. It should work really well with anything that has a fairly lairy cam.

330i. E30 Touring.
Can only echo Dave's comments. I've loved seeing all the Peugeot engine stuff with Sandy.

Can't wait to see the Clio efforts! That'll redefine the limits of possibility.

Cup In bits
It's been designed to work at low rpm,s so that we can produce good power low down and save spending thousands on expensive valvetrain. It has equal length pipes.
It would have an area of rpm that it works best but that will be dependent on the rest of your engine spec. It should work really well with anything that has a fairly lairy cam.

Well that's 3-3.5k saved on an imminent rocker setup. Can't stop looking at the mani pictures......something else.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Beautiful piece, be interesting to see some graphs on a proper spec engine .... wheres Ian Speedy? xD I'd have to have it ceramic coated atleast to only try to prevent burning flesh lol

Does your strut brace clear it?

Last edited:

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
Beautiful piece, be interesting to see some graphs on a proper spec engine .... wheres Ian Speedy? xD I'd have to have it ceramic coated atleast to only try to prevent burning flesh lol

Does your strut brace clear it?
Yes it clears the strut brace.

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
​Awesome, thank you. Sorry if it was a silly question
Not a silly question at all, I wish I had asked myself that same question after I spent hours mocking it up in plumbing pipe and finally getting the whole thing to fit and then realised I'd left the brace off and had to start all over again!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Not a silly question at all, I wish I had asked myself that same question after I spent hours mocking it up in plumbing pipe and finally getting the whole thing to fit and then realised I'd left the brace off and had to start all over again!

​Lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You've done well to get so much length into such a cramped bay without going too tight radius on the bends. Can imagine it took a fair while to sort out

Nick working with Colin and Sandy is the best news I've had in 3 years.
Coming from the 106 scene they work absolute magic!

Now get that pms-satch-shift launched! I sold my B&M shifter this morning to top up the funds for one haha!

Ph1 daily & ph2 race
I'm waiting for the shifter. I just want a sneak peak. I'm holding on making something with the hope it'll be perfect. Havnt seen anything only been told about it

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Exhaust system looks epic, i just wouldn't want to cut my bumper to have one though.

Ph1 172
Was tempted by a milltek ......just been blown away by this wonder how it would sound with a pops and bangs map ......

Top service to PMS. Just sorted me out with an epic deal on this exhaust and a couple of stud/nut kits (one for the boy with that shitey charged yellow shed)

Can't wait to get it all fitted for the trackdays I've got booked for Sunday and Monday!

Cheers guys looking forward to hearing it in action, will get a video of it and post it up in here

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
you lucky git. you going to knockhill on sunday? if you have it fitted by then ill be very interested to hear what it sounds like in the flesh! cheers, jamie.