ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New pure Motorsport race exhaust

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Just got an email from them with details of their new system. Very light, sport cat and centre silencer options and link to vid on YouTube looks and sounds great!! On my phone so can't post link sorry

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
says u have to have throttle bodies for that manifold to fit.
exhaust doesnt sound too loud in the you tube vid. not sure if that one in the vid is the silenced version on unsilenced.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
DTM

Not used one personally so cant say for certain but looks like it would be no problem to fit as it doesnt come up far from the exhaust ports.

Looks a lovely bit of kit, but probably overkill for anyone who isnt actually racing, especially considering the renault ones NEVER crack, where as this might do.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Manifold in place here:
4.2.1%20RACE%20MANIFOLD.jpg

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks like a great bit of kit.

So glad I get my exhaust stuff done at discount looking at them prices!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Dont go making the mistake of thinking your local powerflow or whatever exhaust makers will understand how to make an equivalent system, its not just a case of making it look the same and then it is.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Dont go making the mistake of thinking your local powerflow or whatever exhaust makers will understand how to make an equivalent system, its not just a case of making it look the same and then it is.

lol, wouldn't go near a powerflow dealer. I use someone decent ;)

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
The video is decat with no centre silencer and it is really surprisingly quiet. Bonnet does shut with manifold on!!

330i. E30 Touring.
God that manifold looks good......will it work with a RS2 i wonder?
No racing here...just like shiny stuff.....

That's like spending £500 on R888's to go shopping on, just because you like the tread pattern.

No surprises who's had an influence on this, lol. Looks a similar concept to various high power Peugeot applications.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is anyone going to spend £500 on an exhaust for a 172? Thats going to be a third of the value in most cases...

The people who will, are the one who are spending thousands on their car anyway.
I doubt pure expect many people with a standard 1500 172 to buy these, but those of us that have spent many thousands on our car already wouldnt think much of spending a further 500, you could say the same about my diff for example, thats worth more than my car is in terms of what it would be worth if it was still a standard ph1

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
The manifold looks epic! Have heard nothing but good things from Sandy Browns work so hopefully you guys at Pure motorsport see good gains with it, Best of luck with the results :)

RB 182
Jesus that manifold looks pure filth! The workmanship looks second to none as per all your products! Will be interesting to see some results, are you testing the complete system as a package or separate items? Group buy on manifold? I'd buy one to frame on the wall let alone put in on the car! :)

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
Jesus that manifold looks pure filth! The workmanship looks second to none as per all your products! Will be interesting to see some results, are you testing the complete system as a package or separate items? Group buy on manifold? I'd buy one to frame on the wall let alone put in on the car! :)

We'll be testing a whole system on a 182, as trying to find a 172 with a standard exhaust to do back to back testing is like rocking horse shi...
The manifold is one part of a high spec engine package and isn't really designed as a bolt on power increase more of a necessity on an engine where pulse tuning is paramount.

Cup In bits
Need....£1585 posted for the package, overtime here we go.

Nick, does the stated 80dB & 93dB for the pure fitment with cat no silencer take into account the manifold too?

Also what sort of engine tunes have you tested it on so far, Im not looking for exact figures. I.e 421 catcams, Jenvey ITB's, 120mm trumpets worthwhile mod over 182 manifold and race exhaust.

182cup & 172 racecar
We'll be testing a whole system on a 182, as trying to find a 172 with a standard exhaust to do back to back testing is like rocking horse shi...
The manifold is one part of a high spec engine package and isn't really designed as a bolt on power increase more of a necessity on an engine where pulse tuning is paramount.

Would be interesting to do a back to back result with my home made race exhaust. That would be worth a trip down.