ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Nokia 6500 Slide Black

Mito Sportiva 135
Haven't owned a Nokia since the incredible 8310 back in the day...but this looks quite cool:

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/nokia_6500_slide_black/detail

Otherwise tempted by the LG Viewty or the Sony Ericsson W960i or W910i...what does everyone think is the best overall?

I just want a phone that has a decent battery, is slim, looks cool, preferably FM radio - camera and audio functions don't really bother me as I have an iPod and a couple of digital cameras. Otherwise maybe the RAZR2, although my last Motorola phone had the WORST battery ever, have they improved?

Mito Sportiva 135
Why the non-slide version, is it smaller or something? And more importantly, can you get it in black (bit of a sucker for black gear I am afraid!)

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah just seen...9.5mm!!! About a good 3-4mm than anything else I have seen, the camera seems rubbish though, but does it have an FM radio at all do you know? The Slide version seems to but it also has a better camera so I'm not sure?

Ive got the slide, and the battery life is rubbish!! but it does have a fm radio and the camera is very good.

Mito Sportiva 135
Hmm is the battery not great...thats a shame, the Sony ones last for AGES. The slide version of the 6500 has a bigger screen too I take it?

172Petey

I been lookin at a 6500 slide, looks a nice piece of kit, stylish but also practical with a great camera!

Shame that the Batt is phooo :(

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
My old phone is a Nokia 8800, great looking and well built phone, but shocking battery life.

I've now got a W960i, great phone, and very good battery life.

my missus has this phone and its good, although she has problems with the ringtone changing back to the nokia tone from the one she sets, everytime the phone rings!

bit of a pain in the a&&!

menu is bit slow too but other than that good phone

Mito Sportiva 135
Poor battery life is a massive turn off for me, I just want a small, light, attractive phone with a good battery life, like my good old Nokia 8210 was back in the day, except with more modern features of course. That was a great little phone.

Just found out though that my upgrade isn't until June, so got a while to wait anyway! Hopefully something better will be out then, although Sony phones definitely seem to have the best batteries.

ST
6500 classic is the best of the two 6500's mate, i've had mine since october last year, cant fault it..

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Well apparently the classic has a shorter battery time, no expandable memory, as well as a lower res camera.

I'm temped by the slide as well, despite the weight of it.

ST
Well apparently the classic has a shorter battery time, no expandable memory, as well as a lower res camera.

I'm temped by the slide as well, despite the weight of it.

I have a charger and a digital camera, oh and if i feel the need for MP3's i let my sony player handle that ;)