ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which new phone...?

Mito Sportiva 135
What do you think is best out of these phones as I am due an upgrade in the next month? Got a SE at the moment which I am really pleased with, hasn't skipped a beat and the battery is still amazing, lasts a good 4-5 days normally using a fair amount, don't think I have turned it off except when I have been on planes.

Choices:

Nokia 6500 Slide
Looks smart and well put together.

Samsung G800
Same as above but styling not quite as good?

Sony Ericsson W910i Black
Quite nice looking but not as good camera.

Sony Ericsson W890i
VERY slim, good camera and best battery.

Opinions guys? Hard to choose but I am leaning towards the simpleness of the W890 or 6500 Slide I think.

1.2 16v Dynamique
My mate at work has just got the G800, it's an awesome phone, top camera with xenon flash and comes with google and gmail built in, it's a little bulky though, slightly bigger than an N95

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
Hmm bigger than the N95? My dad has one of them and is slightly too bulky for my tastes, so will cross that off my list I think, cheers.

Mito Sportiva 135
Cool will probably go for that then. Just want something that fits in my pocket that doesn't make it look like I have a hard on, has a decent battery, an ok camera and will last me 18 months without hassle until my next one. Have you tried the 6500 Slide though, or seen it? I liked the 6500 Classic but thats more like the W890i than the Slide version.

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha cool I will take your word on it, haven't had a decent Nokia since the 8210 and 8310 years ago, they were great...looks like the Sony it is. Cheers mate!

Mito Sportiva 135
Sorry one more possibility, the LG KF600, have you seen this one yet at all Tom, looks quite cool like a refined version of the Viewty?

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha an honest review, thanks again. Although just rung Orange and can't actually upgrade untill 17th April :( boo! Will have to wait until then but at least I know what to get so I don't make a mistake and end up with a ghey phone for 18 months again (currently got the z610i in blue which I hate!)

Mito Sportiva 135
^ I like the look of it but the camera isn't great and the battery seems pretty awful. The W890 is just as small and well built but much better battery and 3.2mp camera...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
W890i is a generation ahead of the T650
That said the T650 is a mint phone.

(A100 OS vs the W890's A200)

Mito Sportiva 135
SE T650i. I just got one. It's awesome, and I charged it up on Saturday, and it's still on 26% battery now!

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/t650i?cc=gb&lc=en

Stop living in the past!!! ;) No that is a nice handset but they don't stock it at Orange anymore even if I did want it. SE batteries seem so much better than anything else I have had, Motorola the worst, remember having to charge my phone twice in a day a few times it was so bad.

W890i is a generation ahead of the T650
That said the T650 is a mint phone.

(A100 OS vs the W890's A200)

W890i is a music phone. T650i is a fashion phone. So suppose it depends what you want. I compared the T650, W890, W910 and K750 all together cos I couldn't decide. They all had the same software in. Well it looked the same lol. Apart from the obvious walkman on the W's, cybershot on the K's and nothing on the T650 lol.

Oh and it doesn't bother me it being old. I only bought it cos my 7 year old phone broke lol.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I didnt say it was old, i just said the OS was a generation behind.

Mito Sportiva 135
The w890 seems a good all rounder though, 3.2 mp camera, memory for songs and videos, slim, good battery...don't use all the extra stuff on smart phones except maybe internet to check football scores on saturday so for me seems ideal. Although I want it in black!!! The phone you got though xzibit looks cool, although what are its "fashion" credentials?

I didnt say it was old, i just said the OS was a generation behind.

No you didn't, Brand did lol. The OS is about 34 generations ahead of my last phone.

The w890 seems a good all rounder though, 3.2 mp camera, memory for songs and videos, slim, good battery...don't use all the extra stuff on smart phones except maybe internet to check football scores on saturday so for me seems ideal. Although I want it in black!!! The phone you got though xzibit looks cool, although what are its "fashion" credentials?

Basically, the brushed aluminium top half, and the lighting effects with the buttons. I only bought it because it's tiny and well spec'd. Was going to go for this one or the W980 actually cos they are both small, but I had to buy on payg so T650i was £30 cheaper, and I won't use the walkman software.

Both good phones tbh, price was my decided, I presume they're both free for you though.

Mito Sportiva 135
^ Yep...although wouldn't say free, £35 p/m x 18 = a s**t load of money! Although quite good, I get 5% off each year up to a maximum of 5 years, a new magic number every 6 months (although don't seem to know many people who I speak to regularly on Orange, in principle a good idea though!) 600 anytime minutes and unlimited texts. Oh and not to forget the 2 for 1 cinema tickets for Orange Wednesdays!

I buy a phone every 8 years so £200 / 8 = £25 / 12 = £2.08 a month.

Then about £10 credit a month so £12.08 a month. Bargain lol.

Mito Sportiva 135
I have been at uni and living away from home for past 4 years and no landline so no landline, but the PayGo I used to have used to be out of credit in days the amount I used it, wouldn't want to spend more than what I currently pay though and don't ever go over my limit since I got the new Dolphin package.