ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Mk 2 track shed

E90
Nooooo My mate nick had a 1.8 T lump in his running 300 + hp, epic on the straights handful in and out of the corners, I'll stick with N/A.

Sure naith anytime my dear, bout time you ventured over

tiTTy & SV650
body looks nice and tidy,bbs wheels would make it - are those TSW Stealths? Mate used to have them on a 205 xs

E90
No idea mate, have these lined up for track, will probs spray those ones black aswell, or some lairy colour LOL

dec09007.gif

Never above 25mpg
Nice. Unless it's Oak Green GTi it's always trackworthy.

Not a fan of the silver grille on it mind but meh.

Rust-free?

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Be watching this with interest..
Owned a few Golfs in my time!
take it your not getting any heat out of the cabin blower?, i would bet its the heater bypass valves blocked up, VW fitted them as a long term bodge to stop the water pressure splitting the heater matrix, they gum up with crud over time.

My old ones:-

16v..

golf2offsidefront.jpg

golf2interior.jpg

20vt

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Love the mk1/mk2 golfs. They haven't made a decent GTi golf since. We've got a mk2 golf 8v in spain with 46k KM on the clock! Free to a good home!

172, Tiguan
Me to. Wow!

Yeah, no heat at all. On a dry normal temp day though the temp guage reached the first bar and goes no futher. The other night at about -56 degrees, the engine overheated in 3 miles. Thinking its got no anti freeze in it and the thermostat is fcuked.

E90
No reason, need a track car, always loved Mk2's, Thats it LOL.

BMW and RWD had its time, will give FWD another go. reason its a Mk 2, is it needs to be something low in value for track purposes. Even I can't afford to lose a 20K car when it ends up on its roof in the gravel.

E90
What you got my love?

4-1 manifold would be nice, pre heat wrapped as i have P/S lol

Last edited:
  172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Me to. Wow!

Yeah, no heat at all. On a dry normal temp day though the temp guage reached the first bar and goes no futher. The other night at about -56 degrees, the engine overheated in 3 miles. Thinking its got no anti freeze in it and the thermostat is fcuked.

Think your on the money with the overheating in low temperature.
If you get the anti freeze and thermostat sorted and your temp gauge reading normal and still no cabin heat then try the heater valves, its should have had them on the recall.
You can get new ones or just remove them but then you run the risk of the matrix going unless you change it for a Mk3 one

172, Tiguan
Oh hai.

2x new rear disks + bearings, + new steering wheel + coilovers being fitted a week Monday.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppsssssssss!!!!

E90
Update, sunroof out and welded up and sealed, Cage plates in for rear hoop, front being done as we speak, then cage is off to painters.

001-3.jpg

Rear hoop in position, bolts just dropped into holes

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

Sunroof carrier that was cut out from inside the car

005-2.jpg

Barge
I hope you're painting this thing a garish, vulgar colour? Should be looking good when it's tidied up, mind it's not really in bad condition for it's age. Mint.

E90
I wanted to go, yellow, then have yellow wheels, or orange, But its going to be satin black, to match black wheels