ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New F30 BMW 3-Series M-Sport

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Needed something a bit more "business-like" seeing as my FD2 was attracting disapproving stares from clients.

It's a shame we live in a world were this is even a consideration.

I always liked my old landlords choice of car. Absolutely loaded upto the eyeballs. Endless list of residential, industrial and commercial property and he drove a suzuki alto! I saw him recently and it obviously died so he has bought a slightly newer one!

Ah well, hope you like it.

It depends if you want to look a c**t or not. Meeting clients is generally about image.

Leon Cupra 300
The new 335i's are single turbos now-a-days!

The twin tubby version was saved for the 1M IIRC.

Lovely car, though.. certainly would look at one 5 years down the road when they've depreciated a bit.lol

Snotter's
Had the 328i auto for the last couple of days and i have averaged 32.4 mpg driving the car normally with a few short blasts and some short runs on the motorway.

Not great on the juice however a powerful engine which easily dispatched an s2000 in a straight line.

Can't say I'm a fan of the looks personally, the thing that I can't help but focus on is the very clumsy looking position of where the leading edge of the bonnet meets bumper/nose of the car.

M135i
Had the 328i auto for the last couple of days and i have averaged 32.4 mpg driving the car normally with a few short blasts and some short runs on the motorway.

Not great on the juice however a powerful engine which easily dispatched an s2000 in a straight line.

Nice and coming from Type-R, that's good to hear!

That MPG is perfectly acceptable for me, so I'm happy enough!

SOHROB, I don't suppose you know any more about when the M-Sport will be ready to order? Had my deposit down for 6 weeks now, but still can't spec a car!

Also, if proof was ever needed that these BBS alloys are amazing on any BMW......

attachment.jpg

Snotter's
September is the official release, you can order an m sport now however they arent available to "spec" as yet.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nice and coming from Type-R, that's good to hear!

That MPG is perfectly acceptable for me, so I'm happy enough!

SOHROB, I don't suppose you know any more about when the M-Sport will be ready to order? Had my deposit down for 6 weeks now, but still can't spec a car!

Also, if proof was ever needed that these BBS alloys are amazing on any BMW......

attachment.jpg

F*ck me.

F30's are gorgeous. They've dated the E90 more than it's years, overnight.

M135i
Not sure if anyone cares at all, but nigh on 6 months since dropping my deposit down for one; my 328i finally arrived at the dealer this morning.

A couple of pictures from when I went down to see it.....

nv1q53.jpg

2vim3ar.jpg

It's Black sapphire M-Sport with coral red leather. Hopefully should be picking it up on September 1st or the week after!

If anyone's interested I may drop a few more pics once I take delivery though I appreciate these are going to be a pretty common sight on roads soon enough! At least mine being a 328 will be a bit rarer than the company driver's choice, the 320d! :approve:

Clio 172 Cup
Ordered a 125d M Sport almost 2 months ago, wish I held out now!

330d M Sport tourer, Estoril blue and 19" wheels looks the business!

Cracking car mate.

M135i
Ordered a 125d M Sport almost 2 months ago, wish I held out now!

330d M Sport tourer, Estoril blue and 19" wheels looks the business!

Cracking car mate.

Ta, I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the 125d. Great engine.

Did you spec the "M-Sport brake package" on yours?

It's my big regret that I didn't tick the box for on the options list. I think it's about £600 so not ridiculous in the grand scheme of things, plus I think they look the dog's danglies.

bm15.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
Spec list is;

Estoril Blue
Standard Cloth/Alcantara
Interior Standard interior trim + Finishers Driver Comfort Package - Sports Steering + Front/Rear parking
Visibility Package
M Sport Breaking System
M Sport Adaptive Suspension
Comfort Access
Electric Lumbar Support - Driver and Passenger
Harman Kardon Hi-Fi
Full Black Panel Display
Model Designation Deletion

M135i
Spec list is;

Estoril Blue
Standard Cloth/Alcantara
Interior Standard interior trim + Finishers Driver Comfort Package - Sports Steering + Front/Rear parking
Visibility Package
M Sport Breaking System
M Sport Adaptive Suspension
Comfort Access
Electric Lumbar Support - Driver and Passenger
Harman Kardon Hi-Fi
Full Black Panel Display
Model Designation Deletion

Nice spec!

Looks great that mate!

Is it the sport auto too? This vid of the 328 launching looks pretty bloody quick to me. Makes the 335i look unnecessary

http://youtu.be/cByWrpa2fiU

Nah, I decided I wanted a manual. Test drove the Sport Auto and there's no doubting its an incredible gearbox, but I got a bit bored after a few plays and found myself craving the control of a manual.

They do seem very quick.... dare I say it, but they seem quicker than BMW's quoted figures. Can't wait to see what all the various remappers will be able to do with them......

M135i
The 19's you've specced make the car tbh.. The standard 18's look gash imo

Agreed. The 18s look totally lost in the arches I think, although I've seen a few on 18s which have been lowered that don't look too bad.

I feel sorry for the Americans as you can only spec 19s on the 335i apparently. Every other engine in the range you can only spec 18s.

Also, I can't decide whether to treat myself to a set of the black grills. What do we all reckon???

attachment.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
No! They looks very... well, y'know...

It looks great as it is! I'd have gone for the brake upgrade too though. :eek:

TrackCar & F30 330d
I was just looking for reviews of the F30 on the internet an i saw this thread! Your F30 looks very nice, great spec!

I've ordeded a F30 330d M-Sport, hopefully picking it up on the 21st of December! Cannot wait!

Mines a company car though so i wont/cant make any changes to it! But its a fairly quick car as it stands!

How are you finding yours after a month or so of having it?

M135i
I was just looking for reviews of the F30 on the internet an i saw this thread! Your F30 looks very nice, great spec!

I've ordeded a F30 330d M-Sport, hopefully picking it up on the 21st of December! Cannot wait!

Mines a company car though so i wont/cant make any changes to it! But its a fairly quick car as it stands!

How are you finding yours after a month or so of having it?

Hi mate, there's actually more pics of my car in this thread:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-328i-M-Sport-BSM-Coral-Red&highlight=f30+bmw

Overall really pleased with the car. Still feels enjoyable to drive when you really want to, but settles into a nice smooth cruiser when you can't be arsed.

I thought the "modes" (eco-pro, comfort, sport, sport+) would just be a gimmick, but they really do transform how the car feels. "Eco-pro" is perfect for morning commutes in traffic, but "Sport" really brings the engine alive. Also adds bit more weight to the steering wheel.

What colour have you gone for on your 330d? Sounds like a fantastic engine on paper that - have you had chance to test drive one?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oh great, I did wander if those buttons would make a difference or not. I drove the E92 M3 in Germany and the sport buttons on that made a noticeable difference to the characteristics of the car which was cool. So i was hoping that the "sport" button on this car would make some sort of difference that i could notice.

I’m working in the US at the moment and ordered my car for when I get back to the UK in December so I have not had chance to drive a F30. My company car scheme is a bit of a strange one, where cars are allready spec’d up and you just choose which one you would like! So I went for the fastest one I could get hold of! So the one I have is:

F30 330d M Sport Saloon N57T 3.0d
Glacier Silver Metallic

This will be my first BMW and first brand new car so i'm very excited.

I know its just a company car but its still nice to have a new car.
- 2PF 19" M light alloy wheels Star-spoke styl
- 494 Seat heating. front
- 654 DAB digital radio
- 676 Loudspeaker system - BMW Business
- ZIC Interior comfort package
- ZMP Media package - BMW Professional Multime