ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New F30 BMW 3-Series M-Sport

M135i
What do people think of the new 3-Series M-Sport guys? Due to hit UK roads from July....

I've just placed a deposit on a 328i, 2.0l twin turbo with 242bhp and 258 ib ft of torque (boring stuff: 147g CO2 & 44mpg combined) to replace my FD2 Civic :approve:

Needed something a bit more "business-like" seeing as my FD2 was attracting disapproving stares from clients.

Test drove a non M-sport 328i last week and the engine is superb. Incredible blend of performance and economy.

Apparently AC have already developed a remap that liberates just over 300bhp from the engine!

IMG_7221.jpg
attachment.jpg
IMG_7232.jpg
P90081947.jpg

Yay or nay??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm really not a fan of BMW's front ends now. Its pig/shark like and I can't really see why they've done it?

No doubt the cars will be great though, as per usual.

Titanium 182
Adrian Van Hooydonk's done it again - it is, put simply, an awesome looking machine! Anyone notice how the lights play homage to it's predecessors? They link in to the grille, something which stopped with the E46!

I'm infinitely jealous that you're getting one :)

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Read the review on that car and they were seriously impressed with the new engine!
40+mpg and 240+ bhp is full of win

M135i
Yeah, I personally love the front end of it too. However, it's the rear of the car which I find most disappointing. Could do with a more aggressive diffuser set-up I reckon.

IMG_7239.jpg

They've taken a lot of cues from the BMW i8 supercar concept for the front end. Looks "snouty" and quite aggressive I think.

I was choosing between this and an Audi S3. The S3 deals they have now are pretty good value, but I decided against it because of the impending new model, and I didn't really want to spunk £30k on a car that would be out-of-date 6 months later.

What do people think of the colour? I do like the blue but it's a bit too similar to my current FD2, so was thinking of going black (with red leather) for a change?

Current motor:

3.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think they're superb cars. Nice choice.

Not a fan of the 328 though... It's such a shame it's a four nowadays. :(

320d
I love the F30's. Such an impressive motor to get 242bhp and 44mpg. Amazing considering its the same C02 as a 1.2 16V Clio yet has so much performance.

Everybody would love to see the straight 6 N/A engines stay but on the same note everybody wishes that petrol was still 70p a litre. If petrol was still 70p a litre I could fuel a Gallardo for the same price as my 18 now/

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Needed something a bit more "business-like" seeing as my FD2 was attracting disapproving stares from clients.

It's a shame we live in a world were this is even a consideration.

I always liked my old landlords choice of car. Absolutely loaded upto the eyeballs. Endless list of residential, industrial and commercial property and he drove a suzuki alto! I saw him recently and it obviously died so he has bought a slightly newer one!

Ah well, hope you like it.

M16a
Good choice, We've one on order ourselves but the 320d ED. Company car, so company car tax is key for us. 109 Co2 13% BIK and it's one of the cheapest cars for company users whilst also being one of the best I feel. Interior is lovely and the front end looks great IMO. Very aggressive and imposing. Spec has dramatically increased too over older models.

Shame you have to get rid of the FD2, love those cars. But good choice on the 328, and it looks stunning in Estoril & the Red.

M135i
Good choice, We've one on order ourselves but the 320d ED. Company car, so company car tax is key for us. 109 Co2 13% BIK and it's one of the cheapest cars for company users whilst also being one of the best I feel. Interior is lovely and the front end looks great IMO. Very aggressive and imposing. Spec has dramatically increased too over older models.

Shame you have to get rid of the FD2, love those cars. But good choice on the 328, and it looks stunning in Estoril & the Red.

The 320d is a pretty incredible engine too. Hard to imagine 5 years ago that now the basic diesel in the range could give a hot hatch a run for it's money to 60 and also return 60mpg!

I could have got the 320d at a bargain price on our company's subsidised car scheme, but the 328 was ultimately the one I wanted so it made sense to spend a bit extra and get the actual car I want.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Love the new 3 and 5, look loads better than the out going models. Only downside is the turbos on the M3/M5...

M135i
Running one as a demo,great performance but mpg is woeful.

Really??

What are you seeing?

This is a slight concern given one of the reasons I've ordered one is that I'm hoping it'll give slightly better economy than my Type R!!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Love it! But 2.0 twin turbo doing 44mpg?? Dubious lol.

Great car and colour, can't wait to see them on the road, even if it makes my car be worth 2p!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
BMWs interiors were always behind Audi imo, especially with the E90, but the F30 looks sublime inside! Can't help but think it's what the E9x should have looked like.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I like them. As per usual, the SE looks sh1t and the M-Sport looks great. Nice ploy to make everyone spend more money ...

Steering wheel reminds me of a golf/scirocco though (cruise/radio button layout), which is slightly upsetting.

Turbos.
I think it looks pretty nice, but then there is always a bit of a wow factor when something is brand new (and on a show stand). What will be the impact in a couple of years when there are a billion identical cars on UK roads? I think as age sets in, people will realise that the E90 was actually a better looking car. I'm in agreement that BMW styling has gone the wrong way, and the 1-Series is the biggest casualty.

Nevertheless, no doubt that it will be a fantastic all-rounder.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
lovely car :approve: not seen the M Sport version before these pics...

Best looking BMW since the E39 IMO

M135i
I think it looks pretty nice, but then there is always a bit of a wow factor when something is brand new (and on a show stand). What will be the impact in a couple of years when there are a billion identical cars on UK roads? I think as age sets in, people will realise that the E90 was actually a better looking car. I'm in agreement that BMW styling has gone the wrong way, and the 1-Series is the biggest casualty.

Nevertheless, no doubt that it will be a fantastic all-rounder.

Yeah, I think you've got a point here. This is a major concern...... Oh well, apparently mine should be one of the first M-Sports into the country so will hopefully get a 3 month wow factor at least....

Mid 30's at best!!! i would go for the 125d/325d.

2.0 twin turbo diesel with 212bhp

Running one as a demo,great performance but mpg is woeful.

Oh well, still an improvement on my Type R. Hopefully it'll be cheaper to liberate more power than my K20 anyway.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Have you got a price for it yet? I'm looking to order for September. But there's no info yet.

M135i
I got a call from my dealer last week saying he'd been on the phone to the HO, and has been told that the online configurator for M-Sport is almost ready to go and should be up in the next 2 weeks..... so will be available to order from then.

He assured me on the phone again that assuming I get my order in as soon as available, then I should be taking delivery in the first couple of weeks of July. Personally, I'm a bit dubious myself.... everywhere I've read on the net says the M-Sport build only starts in July so I'd imagine it'd be at least another month (if not 2) before the car would be ready.

Add in the fact I keep reading on Bimmerpost that there's a global shortage of the 328i engine (N20?), part of me suspects I won't have any car until September at the earliest.... which is a bit too long seeing as I've sold my car already.... I might have to start looking at an Audi S4 if that's any quicker to arrive.

Any thoughts SOHROB on likely delivery times and when it will definitely be available for order? Is my dealer telling me porkies?