ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New engine...

Clio 172
So hopefully ill be picking up my new engine within the next week. The engine itself was owned by dan@sjm previously and now is in storage. Before the new engine goes in is there anything I should get/buy.

Ideally what i want is to do it properly with all new mounts obviously oil, filters and belts etc.

Just thinking if I'm missing anything??

FF Clio 182
Main thing to do Is gets all the belts, Dephaser and water pump done, as the engine is out there is minimal labour involved so its a lot cheaper.

Clio 172
Main thing to do Is gets all the belts, Dephaser and water pump done, as the engine is out there is minimal labour involved so its a lot cheaper.

Yeah already got those bits, going for ploy bushed mounts too in some areas. Just thinking while its getting done may aswell do it properly :)

Clio 172
It's already got cams :)

197 cams
Arp rod bolts
Matched inlets

That's basically the spec of the engine.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I thought if the engine has already been running that there would be no need to get timing done?? #clueless

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I thought if the engine has already been running that there would be no need to get timing done?? #clueless

If the belts are being replaced then the 197 cams will need to be re-timed to the correct spec as they do not give there best power on the standard renault setting's.

Clio 172
As above, not sure mick knows the correct settings. If it helps, belts and dephaser were only done in nov last year and 10k ago.

So really they don't NEED doing yet anyway? Quite lucky that its your old engine really lol

Clio 172
I would've bought it back in a heartbeat if I needed an engine. It was a proper good one. Did 200bhp on those cams and an RS2

Quality!! Yeah I'm really looking forward to getting it. Will be nice to see the difference between the 197 cams and the 428s I've got in mine at the minute