ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Dump Valve - EML.. coincidence?

Hi guys, I recently changed my standard BOV on my clio 1.2 TCE to a forge BOV.. everything works fine but the EML has come on since about 10 miles after fitting, is this coincidence or is this the problem? thanks!

Get the codes read, but as long as the Forge is a recirculating dump valve and not an atmospheric one no reason it would chuck the EML on.
It's both I believe. I can have it on any percentage by adjusting it. In other words it dumps the pressure making the classic Ptssshh noise

Last edited:

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that sounds like it could be the issue, if it's running to atmosphere you're introducing an air leak into what's designed to be a closed loop system. I'm not sure about that specific engine but I know on a fair few cars it'll throw the fuel metering completely to c**k.

Yeah that sounds like it could be the issue, if it's running to atmosphere you're introducing an air leak into what's designed to be a closed loop system. I'm not sure about that specific engine but I know on a fair few cars it'll throw the fuel metering completely to c**k.
Strange. I've seen loads of threads of people doing it and no such problems :(

If it's a MAP then that's usually OK, so it might be unrelated.

the eml only came on about 10 miles after putting it on, gave google a search and loads of people say that the eml comes on if the boost pressure is being released ( which it is ) and then the engine over fuels to make more boost :( totally lost