ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Discs and Pads on Track?

Track 172 Cup
Bored in work so for future ref.... If I put new discs and pads on my 172 will they have to be run in for a gentle lap or two on the track day? Mine is road legal so I would probably do it on the road before I went to the track, plus I would be going out on a road test to make sure all is well as I've never took a spanner to a car before lol thought I might as well start somewhere. And what do those of you with track only cars do about bedding in new brakes.

Stu

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Best to bed them in properly before you get to the track Stu. A long quiet dual carriageway late at night is ideal for this. I can talk you through this is you like in a PM mate

Track 172 Cup
Great hopefully will get some bits off you once I checked my brakes over I'm thinking I'm gonna be needing some soon anyway. I do have Carbon Lorraine pads on at the min but not had chance to check the discs over or know if they're OEM or not.

-Dan-

ClioSport Club Member
I once had to bed some ECP Pagid pads in on track, After about 3 laps My pedal went straight to the floor and would not stop me at all, very scary although after a few sessions they came alive, for an emergency set of pads £15 i cant fault them lock up with no effort, I've had DS3000, CL RC6 and DS2500 and they have done me 4 Full track days and they are now nearly due for replacement