ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New club discount origin B2

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i just got back from a meeting with a company called safecar uk, ne way they are the main uk distributers for Road angel, BEL, Origin and they used to deal with snooper but have stopped with them now. right the reason they stopped with snooper was cos basically they are sh*t, take the s6 neo that is a gps system but the gps database is crap they use any satalite they can find, where as the others have a number of satalites they lease.

he had a road angel a bel summit or other and a new origin b2 with him, now out of them all the B2 is the best by far, u get the gps which is linked to 12 satalites in the northern hemisphear, and its always locked to 3 of them. u get laser detection, gatso, trevelo, specs all of them. the main unit is like a bit bigger than a pager and has a good dot matrix screen on it, which tells u the road u on, the speed limit of the road, your speed and the direction u are going, you can set the warning distance for fixed cameras to up to 2000 meters, he took me for a drive and i just saw a camera well off in the distance, the b2 picked it up and actually says GATSO 50 MPH, GATSO 50MPH then on the screen it tells you the distance untill the camera, it can be settup so that if u are say in a 60mph limit and there is a gatso and you are doing 55 then it wont make a noise, it will display it on the screen, it will make a noise if u go over the limit.

the gps antenna is tiny and really well made, the laser detector works from the front back sides and rear it only has 1 wire coming from it and the docking station for it, it just slides on and slides off, any new features that are coming out it has the ability to upgrade, you can get a second car kit to put it in more than 1 car for like 50 quid more, and also they gonna do a motor bike kit.

he will settup a club discount if we are interested.

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 28 August 2003

take the s6 neo that is a gps system but the gps database is crap they use any satalite they can find, where as the others have a number of satalites they lease.
Just wanna correct you on this one mate, no-one leases gps satelites, there are 40 (Or is it 42) rotating round this old earth of ours, and any gps receiver can use any of them, its a military system, and we just have the priviledge of using it.

I can confirm the the origin kit is great, Ive got the Blue i, and its the best piece of kit Ive had for helping me keep safe from the old SCAMeras.

GPS is GPS.. it basically just gets your coordinates, time, speed etc.. then its down the unit to do what it wants with the info!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

heh well ok maybee the bloke bullsh*tted about that, but they use 12 satalites and they are the only ones the system will log on to.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

oh and they are making a lead so u can hook a laptop or palm top up to it for gps directions etc.

12 Sats is normal - my GPS is 12 Channel.. usually gets about 6 - 8... itll lock onto which ever of the 40 odd (Roamer?) it can find - not only a certain few.. else that would be silly.. heh.

Origin is good tho.. the new one looks well mint.

Abarth 500

Nicely done Malice although you were beginning to sound a bit like an Origin salesman ;)...

Ive wanted one of these for a while and a juicy 20% off maybe just what I need... Let us know how you get on!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by cbscup on 28 August 2003

Nicely done Malice although you were beginning to sound a bit like an Origin salesman ;)...

Ive wanted one of these for a while and a juicy 20% off maybe just what I need... Let us know how you get on!!

thats almost as bad as sounding like an estate agent...... :p