ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio

Monaco 37/468
Hi Guys, I've just put a deposit down on a 172, it's an 02 plate and it's got a cs.net sticker on the rear windscreen...so who's is it?

It's from a dealer in Ackworth, it's dark metallic blue..well, here's the pictures:

All completely standard, no chav accessories. It's just had a new timing belt, new brakes and a new exhaust...Any good insurance companies would be appreciated!

Absolutely over the bloody moon :lolup:

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
Looks mint mate, how much u pay 4 that? How many miles has it got on? And admiral are good for cheap insurance i find.

Monaco 37/468
Hehe lodge. I'm paying 3995 for it. It's got 94k on the clock, but they guy who had it before only traded it in because he was doing a lot of long distance driving - so most of those wil be motorway miles.

id try admiral for insurance im £1200 fully comp at 18 with 1yrs ncb on my mk2 172

it reali depends where u live mate! my insurance is £1500 in Doncaster near Sheffield. but i just moved to Lancaster n its only £858:eek: . Im 23 wit 2years ncb on 182.

Monaco 37/468
Did you have to ring admiral to get that quote? Cos I got one on the net for 5K!!! I live in Wakefield, West Yorkshire....

Monaco 37/468
Hehe, will do mate! I'm going to ring round some insurance companies this afternoon. Internet quotes are shite they always come in over the odds, and for some reason they say you get an online discount!...

clio 172 exclusive n
go online get some quotes but dont agree to any, find best one you can

then ring up some through the yellow pages tell them your best quote and just ask ,can you beat it???

alot of them will go see their manager and get proper discounts

i done internet search, got quote for 690 with all the extras i wanted

was waiting and still searching , about 2-3 days later i was getting alot of calls from insuarnce peeps , one guy said whats your quote i told him 620 (little white lie) he said i can beat that came back with 520 with all my extras

snapped his hand off and took it

it was with norwich union ,funny thing is when i done internet search there they quited me over 700 quid, so the guy on the phone got some major discounts for me

worth shopping about mate

Monaco 37/468
Filled an online wuote out with admiral, came back at £2300 fully comp with 2 extra drivers and your postcode mate. I'm 19 with 1 years NCB so surely I should be getting a similar price to you? Reckon I'm best ringing them?

Last edited:
  Monaco 37/468
Can't get through to them on the phone either. Not having much luck getting under the 2k bracket here...

Monaco 37/468
Finally got under the 2K mark. £1953.98 to be precise...quite happy with that to be honest at my age.

Last edited:
  Monaco 37/468
Absolutely loads of SH, theres a wad of reciepts about 2 inches thick, it's been really well looked after. As with regards HPI, it's been fully checked...never smashed or stolen :)

The Insurance is with Sabre.

Monaco 37/468
I'm 19 with 1 year NCB. I have renewed my insurance with Quinn and they have quoted me 1300. Ringing them this afternoon to pay it off..

Last edited:
  Monaco 37/468
Yeah I'm absolutely loving it. Picked it up last night and didn't want to get out of it. So responsive and the power is great too...